• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Revelations 2

mouseno4

Hi!

I joined this forum simply to ask this simple question:

I have never played any of the Resident Evil games (i do own what im told is a spin off on the PSP called 3rd Birthday but have not played it much) but i have watched every movie that has been released so far.

Would i be able to play Resident Evil Revelations 2 without any prior knowledge (other than what the movies provide) and ''get'' it? I dont mean understand every sub plot, back story or character background, but the overall story of the new game - will i be able to play and finish it with an understanding of what happened?

Thanks!

DarkJackal

There will no doubt be things you wouldn't know about, like for example who Claire even is and her family and relationships with people from the other games. But Revelations doesn't continue a story of any previous RE game, which is supposedly how RE games just work now days. So I think you'd get it just fine. We don't really know what to expect even after playing the other RE games since its a new story.

And dear god forget anything you've learned form the movies.

mouseno4

I know many dont like the movies, but i dont mind them. I enjoy action movies regardless how bad the story is. If the action is good and mindless, i will still enjoy it. :p And that is most likely why they have been so successful, otherwise it would not have gotten this many sequels. :p

But i take it the movies have little or not much in common with the games, so i will just assume they have nothing to do with the games.

Thanks for your answer. I will now depart this forum, having gotten the answer i sought. :D

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I know many dont like the movies, but i dont mind them. I enjoy action movies regardless how bad the story is. If the action is good and mindless, i will still enjoy it. :p And that is most likely why they have been so successful, otherwise it would not have gotten this many sequels. :p

But i take it the movies have little or not much in common with the games, so i will just assume they have nothing to do with the games.

Thanks for your answer. I will now depart this forum, having gotten the answer i sought. :D
I know you just left, but if you for some reason you do read this,

The movies have Absolutely no connections with the game. The only movie that was similar was Resident Evil: Apocalypse. But that still had nothing to do with the story line. If you want to watch the movies, than that's fine, but don't expect to know ANYTHING that's happening in any game because of it.

That being said, if you started playing RE from the beginning and then every game that followed, you would no a lot about the characters and such going in. However, Capcom has made every RE that I know of be different enough for somebody to pick up for their first time and not be completely confused. There will still be parts that that you will probably be a little confused on, but for the most part, you'll get it.

Top Bottom