• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Resident Evil Raccoon City

bruno

Chief Researcher
Resident Evil Operation Raccon City was confirmed:

Titled as Resident Evil: Racoon City, as rumoured beforehand, the game ses you on opposite sides of the spectrum as members of the Umbrella Security Services Squad rather than BSAA.
Unlike the latter, where you just take out zombies, gunning for Umbrella is all about destroying evidence and killing T-Virus survivors from the 1998 Racoon City outbreak.
There are two other factions to make a “three corner conflict” according to Capcom: US spec ops and bio-organic monsters created by Umbrella.
Your team is made up of four members: Vector, Beltway, Bertha, and Spectre. Depending on who you pick to play as, its goals and aims will vary.
The magazine adds that “you’ll be facing Umbrella-created horrors in between skirmishes” with each faction. It also says the game will allow you to “change the history of Resident Evil,” with many characters from the series making appearances. You’ll also be allowed to kill them.
The reports says that it’ll be coming to 360 and PS3 later this fall.
Racoon City will no doubt be one of many efforts this year from Capcom to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Resident Evil, having announced earlier today it would release HD versions of Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica this fall for PSN and XBLA.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/24/report-resident-evil-racoon-city-announced-in-us-oxm/

Mr Sunshine

I also found this info about the game on the DMC forums. Well much of it is the same

• The game takes place in 1998, a time where Resident Evil fans already know what's set to take place. The title lets you enjoy the series from a new perspective, as the men and women who are technically responsible for it all.
  • Rather than continuing the zombie slaying antics of BSAA agents, you're taken back to the original outbreak "that underscored both Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis."
  • The game doesn't require any crazy amounts of knowledge of the past titles or characters involved in the series. The title opens up to a "quartet of new faces". Essentially, you're playing as members of the official Umbrella Security Services squad.
  • Operation Raccoon City is a team-based shooter allowing four members of the USS team to destroy all evidence of the ongoing outbreak. Along with slaying the zombies, you're looking to "kill pretty much every survivor possible".
  • The gameplay is described as "dirty", and the series will feel much darker than it has up to this point.
  • The game features three factions that Capcom has stated make up a "three-corner conflict". The other two factions are the US Spec Ops, who are there to repel the USS, and the "bio-organic weapon monsters (BOWs) created by Umbrella.
  • The USS team is made up of the following characters: Vector, Beltway, Bertha, and Spectre. Depending on which character you choose, the responsibilities that you're asked to do within your team will variate.
  • Hunk, first seen in Resident Evil 2 as a hidden character, is the inspiration behind the USS team.
  • "Whichever team you play on, you'll be facing Umbrella-created horrors in between skirmishes with each other".
  • Zombies in the game can sense you in three different manners: sight, sound, and smell.
  • A situation is described in the game where Vector cloaks himself to stir up previously slumbering zombies to use against the Special Ops military foes.
  • Quite a few scenarios in the game aren't "all about headshots". A quote in the article states, "It's about shooting the other soldiers - manipulating the, making them bleed."
  • The game will take you through a number of familiar areas if you're a Resident Evil junkie who remembers your journey to Raccoon City.
  • Operation Raccoon City, depending on how you play the game, will give you the option to "change the history of Resident Evil". Not only will you have the chance to meet and interact with various characters from the series, but you'll even have the opportunity to kill them.
  • One of th mottos repeated to OXM throughout the demo was "Kill Leon". It's also stated that if you choose to represent in the game as the Special Ops team, that you'd more than likely have the goal of trying to save Leon Kennedy.
  • Slant Six or Capcom won't reveal if any other characters will be playable in the title just yet, but it'd make sense to see quite a few big cameos.
  • The title will still see players relying on collecting herbs to heal from any attacks you may suffer. You won't need to hoard any herbs, but they'll still benefit you to collect them throughout the game.
  • "This is not a one-versus-one game where you've got one clip full of ammo and zombies on you. If you've ever thought of those times in an RE game when you thought, 'I'd wish I had a big gun', that's what this game is. It's not fair to give people big guns, then take all the ammo away."
  • One of the pictures in the article showcases a zombie being used as a "meatshield".
  • Operation Raccoon City allows players to earn XP for kills, with these points helping you survive the onslaught, and to help to encourage you to anihilate everything in your path.
  • The XP will allow you to earn new abilities, such as Vector's cloaking skill, and new weapons.
  • Tyrants will most definitely be included in the title.

http://stickskills.com/news/1556/first-details-on-resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-unveiled/

Hehe. Some of my ideas about an Online RE game are there! Althought I was talking about a massively played game.

Either way this game looks really promising!

chocotricks

This year Is ****ing EPIC WITH GAMES SO MANY GOOD GAMES NOW THIS IS THE 4th RE CONFIRMED GAME AND ITS GOING BACK TO RACOON CITY FOR SURE AND TYRANTS ZOMGZOMG!!!!!!!!!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Lets face it gang...RE is getting better after the fall of 5(As ive started to call it)...i mean this game will definatley be non-cannon, but it will be SO fun to play and it in more ways than one gives us insight into the original Umbrella...this is gonna be EPIC...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
From what I've read so far, he isn't...and it would majorly suck if they finally did a RE game from the mercenaries' POV and didn't include the first Umbrella merc. I wouldn't be surprised if they did this, though; little Capcom does makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I don't mean as a playable character...i mean in the game at all...I won't be surprised in the least if he isnt a playable character...though i do hope he is...but if hes not in it at all...then ill be surprised...

bruno

Chief Researcher
HUNK isn't part of the known USS members... and i think there'll be only 4 of those: an invisible guy (vector), a BDSM doctor (Bertha), a Ninja and HULK

C278

Resident Evil Raccoon City? will it have iconic places I loved like the Rpd building?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
HUNK isn't part of the known USS members... and i think there'll be only 4 of those: an invisible guy (vector), a BDSM doctor (Bertha), a Ninja and HULK

But the info said youll be running into iconic characters from the series...I'm wondering if HUNK would be one of them...Thats why i said maybe not playable, but perhaps he will still have something to do with the game...

bruno

Chief Researcher
But the info said youll be running into iconic characters from the series...I'm wondering if HUNK would be one of them...Thats why i said maybe not playable, but perhaps he will still have something to do with the game...

Capcom said one of the missions is to kill Leon. I think this is stupid, because he was nobody back then. I know the USS were supposed to kill the survivors, but how did they know about Leon?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Capcom said one of the missions is to kill Leon. I think this is stupid, because he was nobody back then. I know the USS were supposed to kill the survivors, but how did they know about Leon?
See i don't think thats a mission right off the bat..i bet when they get the order to kill Leon its because hes mucking around in the underground labs...i would think that would tip off Umbrella that he was trouble...

bruno

Chief Researcher
See i don't think thats a mission right off the bat..i bet when they get the order to kill Leon its because hes mucking around in the underground labs...i would think that would tip off Umbrella that he was trouble...

Umbrella had already sent a USS team down there, they got what they wanted and knew it was a big mess. Why the hell would they riske sending anyone else there? Even if they did, they didn't need to enter through the city, they could have entered the big elevator directly through the mountains, or in a chopper.

Edge Stylez

Advanced 3d Artist
If this game keep that classic gameplay, i mean, no melee attacks if you shoot in the zombies head and legs, this game can join my collection.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Im not quite sure what you mean Bruno...care to try again...

I think what Bruno is trying to say is that Umbrella already got what they wanted from the underground labs and, even if they were stupid enough to send someone back into a situation where one of their best agents barely escaped, they wouldn't have to go through the city to access the labs since they know where the secret entrances are.

Mr Sunshine

Well, the USS team is already into the city to eliminate all possible threats to Umbrella. Maybe they were the closest available unit to the laboraory when Leon infiltrated it (e.g Maybe they were at the RPD at that time).

Besides, the game is obviously non-canon. Leon never got attacked by any member of the USS in RE2.

Anyway, like I said i don't expect the storyline to play an important factor to this game, because it changes every time you play and because it's a 4 player co-op game. It's gameplay that keeps those games alive imo.

Top Bottom