• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident evil game ideas.

Fishcakes

Ever since I got my addition for resident evil back this year ive been thinking up some random resi games that obviously won't happen, but would be cool if they did, what's your favourite? Or have you got any ideas yourself.

1. Since Jill and Leon are fan favourites I thought it'd be cool if they were in a game. And since all we know about why Leon joined the force was because he was fascinated with the increased level of crime and RC needed police. I thought, as an idea of course, don't get mad haha. Maybe Jill and him met somewhere and went through some stuff together, the game could be of them escaping something or meeting and at the end Jill could recommend that Leon joins the RC police (obviously this is just a stupid idea, not really an actual game idea more just something that popped into my head)

2. A game where you play as Jill and possibly Chris while Jills under Weskers control, could be along the lines of Jill doing Weskers dirty work and Chris being on her back, not knowing it's her, could lead into re5?

3. I know everyone likes Leon so you could possibly do a game version of vendetta or damnation?

4. A game with Chris and Claire, haven't really thought much about It, could be a mission they go on together or maybe a backstory game. Not to sure about it just thought it'd be cool to see them together

not sure about other ones, would be interested in hearing if others have any ideas?

Ikawaru

4. A game with Chris and Claire, haven't really thought much about It, could be a mission they go on together or maybe a backstory game.

njp2cLP.jpg

Turo602

The King of Kings
Stuff like this is exactly what upsets me about the current direction of the Resident Evil games. There's so much wasted potential with these characters, yet we're following some Ethan guy and they keep aging the characters.

I've never thought about it before, and even though we do play as Jill in Desperate Escape, it would have been pretty cool if we got to play as Jill while she was corrupted. Could have been RE5's version of Separate Ways. Though, Lost in Nightmares was a pretty good substitute.

The Leon and Jill pairing is actually something I've seen become quite popular for a while now. It's just such a fascinating team up because Jill is usually accompanied by Chris and Leon has never really ever interacted with Jill despite both being Raccoon City survivors and like literally just missing eachother during the events of RE2/3. It's a fresh and interesting dynamic and it brings Jill back in the spotlight which is something fans have been really wanting for a long time now.

Then there's also the implication that wherever Leon is, Ada isn't too far behind. So seeing how Jill would react to Ada as well as the possibility of an epic fight would just be amazing. I remember back when RE6 was coming out, I was actually really excited about the idea of Chris going after Ada, but of course, like most things Resident Evil these days, they had to squander that idea by making it a clone of Ada, therefore we'll never see what Chris thinks of Ada, how he'd interact with her, and what he thinks about Leon for always letting her get away.

A Chris and Claire game is also something I've always wanted. Yes, we got Code Veronica already, but they don't really spend much time together, therefore, they don't really get to explore their relationship much which is kinda the whole point of having them together again. Chris is way more experienced now and Claire is extremely dedicated to her work with TerraSave which could put the two at odds with conflicting motives. We'll get to learn more about them as people and not just in relation to bio-terrorist threats.

We've only gotten glimpses of their relationship through their own spoken dialogue while away from eachother, with the most Chris saying just being "Claire" in RE6, implying that she's spoken about Sherry Birkin before to him. We also know Claire has a bit of a chip on her shoulder as well when she was relating to Moira about how Chris could be controlling like Barry in Revelations 2. It's something that could put the characters at the forefront for once rather than just have them go through the motions of a mission or outbreak as they would ultimately put eachother before their mission.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
An Outbreak #File 3, but it doesn't take place in Raccoon City, rather sometime in the future between Revelations 1 and RE6. It takes place within an american placeholder city of ambiguous statehood, and is a target of Bioterrorism. We get to choose from 8 characters(might be more for DLC), to play as we go through this city in various stages. All the while in radio contact with someone name Eagle that will guide them to escape the city while surviving the horrors within.

Ikawaru

Honestly, at this particular point, and remember when I say this is that this is just a snapshot in time, and opinion is well subject to change in a couple years or so:

I really don't care at this point, 'Village' was such an underwhelming title and since from RE7 on the series is clearly trying to cater to a new generation of players. I know some of the older RE fans born before the 1980's felt the same way about RE4 when it came out, they just kinda lost interest in the series and moved on (Ironically some of them came back and actually like the Ethan reboot). I kinda felt that way about 7 and not 4. Sure it's a good game, but the gameplay and characters don't really compel me to faithfully stick to it.

I'm actually more than happy with 3rd party survival horror Indie games that are coming out now and don't mind not caring about the next few entries and just casually sidelining until if/when a new concept comes along from Capcom. "Oh well, there's other options" is actually a comfortable opinion for me at this point.

Sorry if this comes off as a rant, not intended to be, just kind of an opinion formulated from recent developments.

Fishcakes

Stuff like this is exactly what upsets me about the current direction of the Resident Evil games. There's so much wasted potential with these characters, yet we're following some Ethan guy and they keep aging the characters.

I've never thought about it before, and even though we do play as Jill in Desperate Escape, it would have been pretty cool if we got to play as Jill while she was corrupted. Could have been RE5's version of Separate Ways. Though, Lost in Nightmares was a pretty good substitute.

The Leon and Jill pairing is actually something I've seen become quite popular for a while now. It's just such a fascinating team up because Jill is usually accompanied by Chris and Leon has never really ever interacted with Jill despite both being Raccoon City survivors and like literally just missing eachother during the events of RE2/3. It's a fresh and interesting dynamic and it brings Jill back in the spotlight which is something fans have been really wanting for a long time now.

Then there's also the implication that wherever Leon is, Ada isn't too far behind. So seeing how Jill would react to Ada as well as the possibility of an epic fight would just be amazing. I remember back when RE6 was coming out, I was actually really excited about the idea of Chris going after Ada, but of course, like most things Resident Evil these days, they had to squander that idea by making it a clone of Ada, therefore we'll never see what Chris thinks of Ada, how he'd interact with her, and what he thinks about Leon for always letting her get away.

A Chris and Claire game is also something I've always wanted. Yes, we got Code Veronica already, but they don't really spend much time together, therefore, they don't really get to explore their relationship much which is kinda the whole point of having them together again. Chris is way more experienced now and Claire is extremely dedicated to her work with TerraSave which could put the two at odds with conflicting motives. We'll get to learn more about them as people and not just in relation to bio-terrorist threats.

We've only gotten glimpses of their relationship through their own spoken dialogue while away from eachother, with the most Chris saying just being "Claire" in RE6, implying that she's spoken about Sherry Birkin before to him. We also know Claire has a bit of a chip on her shoulder as well when she was relating to Moira about how Chris could be controlling like Barry in Revelations 2. It's something that could put the characters at the forefront for once rather than just have them go through the motions of a mission or outbreak as they would ultimately put eachother before their mission.
Yea exactly, I'm not a fan of Ethan, new content is fine, sure. But it's just not it for me & probably most other long time fans, resident evil 7 was scary but ehh, I haven't even played resident 8 I can't lie, not really worth it for me.

Jills definitely my favourite resident evil character so I'm one of those fans that wants her back in the game, and preferably a new game would be cool, but the remake was still fine. Of course it would need to be made well. That's why I think a game with corrupted Jill would be so cool, because she doesn't have any control but she's still aware of what she's doing, you could have her fight against herself, hear her thoughts as she does things she doesn't want to do but is forced too, just sounds like such a good opportunity. And yea of course everyone wants to see Leon and Jill, the idea where they meet before the RC outbreak is just an idea since you could pretty easily add it into canon, since there's a little gap between the events of re1 and 2/3..

and a Claire/Chris game is just a great idea. Nothing more to say

Fishcakes

An Outbreak #File 3, but it doesn't take place in Raccoon City, rather sometime in the future between Revelations 1 and RE6. It takes place within an american placeholder city of ambiguous statehood, and is a target of Bioterrorism. We get to choose from 8 characters(might be more for DLC), to play as we go through this city in various stages. All the while in radio contact with someone name Eagle that will guide them to escape the city while surviving the horrors within.
Sounds really interesting, good idea.

Fishcakes

Honestly, at this particular point, and remember when I say this is that this is just a snapshot in time, and opinion is well subject to change in a couple years or so:

I really don't care at this point, 'Village' was such an underwhelming title and since from RE7 on the series is clearly trying to cater to a new generation of players. I know some of the older RE fans born before the 1980's felt the same way about RE4 when it came out, they just kinda lost interest in the series and moved on (Ironically some of them came back and actually like the Ethan reboot). I kinda felt that way about 7 and not 4. Sure it's a good game, but the gameplay and characters don't really compel me to faithfully stick to it.

I'm actually more than happy with 3rd party survival horror Indie games that are coming out now and don't mind not caring about the next few entries and just casually sidelining until if/when a new concept comes along from Capcom. "Oh well, there's other options" is actually a comfortable opinion for me at this point.

Sorry if this comes off as a rant, not intended to be, just kind of an opinion formulated from recent developments.
Yea you have a fair point. I kinda went of it with re6, 7. But I've recently came back to and found re6, and the remakes pretty good, despite missed opportunities and scuffed storyline's. I can't say I enjoyed 7 although the scare factor was really good. Haven't played 8 so can't say much, it's not really worth playing for me, Ethan and Mia and those characters don't really hit the same for me since I grew up with all the original characters but who knows.
I just want some more, new games, if capcom could look at some of the fans opinions or ideas that'd be cool

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Resident Evil 3 Remake Remake

Revelations 3

Outbreak: File #3

Jill and Claire team-up game

Barry and Moira team-up game

Fishcakes

Resident Evil 3 Remake Remake

Revelations 3

Outbreak: File #3

Jill and Claire team-up game

Barry and Moira team-up game
For the re3 double remake I'm assuming you want it to be like the original? None of the missed out stuff the first remake has?
And for revelations 3? Who's that following? Another one with Claire and Barry? Jill? Or not sure

SpaceOwlHoot

I always thought a game dealing with Jill's PTSD after the Mansion Incident would have been interesting...something like psychological horror.

It was briefly touched on in the RE3 games but would have liked to see something more deeper.

Fishcakes

I always thought a game dealing with Jill's PTSD after the Mansion Incident would have been interesting...something like psychological horror.

It was briefly touched on in the RE3 games but would have liked to see something more deeper.
that's why I keep saying a game with her under Weskers control could be really cool, she'd have a lot of time to think about all that stuff as well.

Murderer Enshrined

I've not read this entire thread, but I have read some, and the parts that I've read prompted me to post this:

In the Resident Evil saga, generally speaking, how many times do you play as each character in regular game-play? Let's stick to the main and original characters first, (remakes don't count, because they're remakes).

Chris:

Resident Evil Director's Cut

Code Veronica (approximately, last half of the game)

Re5

Re6

Re8 (for a very short time)

Jill:

Resident Evil 3

Leon:

Re2

Re4

Re6

Claire:

Re2

Code Veronica

Ada:

Re2

Re4

Re6

Rebecca:

RE ZERO

That's generally what I've gathered, from what I've played and recall. Bear in mind, I've not played everything. I know there's more. Others can add their own if they wish.

But the reason why I'm doing this is because I feel the makers of Resident Evil have spent more time trying to force games out there, as quickly as they can, rather than trying to give great characters (that they've created, and should admire) more airtime. I love my Resident Evil. But I truly feel that when it comes to giving their best characters proper a appropriate billing, Capcom is really dropping the ball.

Fishcakes

well you have those, as well as revelations, where you play as Jill, and Claire in Revelations 2. I also think it's possible to play as Chris in rev1? and then all the little side games with Hunk and those typa people.
i completely agree, they have a huge variety of really good characters, just stick to them in my opinion, sure you could introduce a side character? Maybe see if the fans like them and add more about them if they do? But all this completely different stuff is unheeded in my opinion. Also maybe if they took a bit more time and critic from fans they could make games so much better, also my opinion.

Murderer Enshrined

I agree with you, to a large degree. But, a lot of times, when I play Resident Evil, the latter games, it feels like the main, original characters are hiding, or have become ghosts, or shadows of their former selves. I'm, like, I'm playing it, but where are they? I feel with them being the primary protagonists in this saga, they should be more ever-present, they shouldn't just do cameos from time to time.

Fishcakes

yea definitely, to build a whole franchise of a few characters like resident evil did, and then to just sideline them slowly & replace them is not the way to go. Especially because the characters are so well liked

Murderer Enshrined

Yes, but, also, this:

In re8, when Heisenberg is making that proposition to Ethan, to use his daughter, to go after Miranda, I wish it could've went more like this:

Heisenberg: Ethan, I want to use your daughter to kill Mir...

Ethan: Aight.

Heisenberg: Um... ok...

Ethan: Where do we start?

Heisenberg: You won't be disappointed, Ethan.

Ethan: I really don't care if I am going to be disappointed. How do we go about this?

I really feel that game developers need to start thinking outside the box more. What are these games, I mean, all of them?

SAVE THE PRINCESS!

Though Mario Bros. was Nintendo, what does Mario do? Save the damsel in distress. The princess.

Well, what does Leon do in Re4? He has to save the president's daughter.

What's Ethan doing in re8? He has to save his little princess..... his daughter.

We need to cut the ties that bind and shake things up a little, because the world is not as pure and pristine as story tellers perceive or convey it to be.

~Excella~

Premium
I would be interested in playing as Wesker through the original RE, to see what he did once everyone split up before you meet him here and there throughout the game.

I would also be pumped to play as the other Bravo and Alpha team members in a separate game before the Spencer mansion incident on a different mission.

Hardware

I was born later than that and I hated RE4. It's not a generational thing, but whether or not you were a fan of the games before 4 was released. RE4 is like an old wound that still hurts on occasions. VILLAGE was disappointing but I have given up on Capcom a long time ago and I could see the dumb plot coming from miles away. RE2make is a miracle they'll hardly repeat - RE3make could've been much more but I ended up liking it more than the average player because it still felt like RE.

I've not read this entire thread, but I have read some, and the parts that I've read prompted me to post this:

In the Resident Evil saga, generally speaking, how many times do you play as each character in regular game-play? Let's stick to the main and original characters first, (remakes don't count, because they're remakes).

Chris:

Code Veronica (approximately, last half of the game)

Re5

Re6

Re8 (for a very short time)

Jill:

Resident Evil 3

Leon:

Re2

Re4

Re6

Claire:

Re2

Code Veronica

Ada:

Re2

Re4

Re6

Rebecca:

RE ZERO

That's generally what I've gathered, from what I've played and recall. Bear in mind, I've not played everything. I know there's more. Others can add their own if they wish.
You forgot about REVELATIONS 1 (Jill and Chris) and REVELATIONS 2 (Claire and Barry): that's OK, I too pretend they don't exist. Also, why are you referring to RE1 as "Director's Cut"? That was a special edition that didn't change the experience unless you played in hard mode. And it still is RE1 when everything is said and done.

Top Bottom