• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Fan movie based on the 1st game!

Nathan Banks

Hey all; decided to reconnect here. Some of you guys may already have heard this if you're on the Resident Evil Veterans page on facebook as I posted it there; but I'm working currenlty on creating a trilogy of movies based on the Resident Evil games.

Now I want to explain this movie is made with The Sims 4 and a heavy use of a CGI software to bring to life! I have thousands of game mods and graphics changers to make the sims basically not look like the sims any more as you can see below! These are photos from a laptop btw, I was so eager to share them with you all that I decided to take some quick pics. All of the locations and characters designs are made by myself. I went back and played the games through and took notes of all the locations that were visited and tried to recapture those in the movie. Anyway; the zombies are uniquely created by myself and their appearances contain a tiny amount of CGI to make them look scarier. I have hired voice actors and a composer to create a 12 track soundtrack for the movie. A track included in this features a darker remake of Marilyn Manson's Resident Evil theme from the first movie. Just wanted to point out that I'm not going to cut out the fans of the movies (I know some of you exist), these movies won't ignore them completely and do have certain elements from the first movie in particular. So here are some facts:

-the movie will follow the games extremely closely and was made with them in mind! Despite that I have borrowed elements from the first live action movie as I did enjoy that one! But it’s only elements and nothing specific.

-Zombies, Cerberus, Crows, Lisa Trevor and Tyrant all appear. Plant 42 appears but not as a significant role (I honestly felt I’d crammed enough into the script without plant 42 needing to appear).

-Alpha and Bravo team are dispatched at the same time and split into different teams. I did this because I wanted the characters to be killed off on screen rather than us finding their bodies around the mansion like in the game (plus we needed on screen deaths rather than Jill, Chris, Rebecca and Barry having heavy plot armour)

-I did read through George Romero’s script and borrowed elements from that too! For example; the romantic pairing between Chris and Jill is a background plot, but not blatantly obvious. Also Ada Wong appears in this movie rather than just showing up in RE2.

-Each zombie is designed to be unique! There’s no same face zombies showing up; i read through the notes and files found in the RE game and designed zombies to match how I believe they could look. So basically; some appear in those safety suits mentioned in the keepers diary; Some show signs of genuine mutation happening already; there’s also some with gaping flesh wounds as theyve been test subjects previously.

-Lisa Trevor’s story is slightly darker than the games! She was younger when she was abducted by Umbrella and has been tested on ever since. When STARS arrive; she is there but isn’t complete mutation but her mind hasn’t aged; she still believes and thinks like a child in her semi mutated state. I wrote this in the script so the character of Lisa was like a 7 year old trapped inside a monster and with things she says and how she reacts; you can see it quite clearly.

-The script was written with the intention on being a trilogy! No more and no less! The first two movies deal with the outbreak in Raccoon (mansionRE1/cityRE2) but then third movie will follow the survivors as they attempt to destroy Umbrella and Wesker. The 3rd will combine the stories from Code Veronica; Resident Evil 4 and 5.

-Oswell Spencer is a major antagonist and written differently to how he is in the game; rather than him being killed by Wesker easily, he's a feared character who people never really know or understand his capabilities. He will play a massive part in the final movie.

So below I have attached some photo's of the project in progress. These are photo's from my laptop so don't judge too much, the real movie will be in 4k but remain an element of grit and washed out colouring to give off a horror feeling. Attached is also the poster for the movie; it was inspired by the first movie poster as a sort of...'wish we got this' kind of poster :). Please be kind tho! I’m only a simple guy who’s trying to make a trilogy of resident evil movies based off the games

103157700_10222747364210401_7106968971124040470_o.jpg

97203452_10222477741189994_6907525911369744384_n.jpg

97984351_10222477744190069_1499534015458181120_n.jpg

97601016_10222477742630030_1925260893348691968_n.jpg

98130111_10222477741750008_292503301675548672_n.jpg

101983994_10222695250027579_3958249801388130304_n.jpg

103004649_10222695252347637_769956918843146240_n.jpg

102348540_10222695252627644_1104252803519348736_n.jpg

There you have it. The movie will have a trailer first which I will keep posting updates here so you can all keep up to date with it's release. It's currently in the editing process now. As I said, please be kind, if this isn't your bag then I get it, but I've had some pure nasty comments about this and I honeslty don't mean to upset anyone with making it, I'm just trying to make a cinematic movie out of the original Resident Evil story.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
You've got some skill, that's for sure. I've played a lot of Sims games in my life and I've even made machinima from it before, so I know how extremely difficult it is to arrange the sims in a way that looks cinematic.

The story of RE1 is my favorite story in the entire series so I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. It would be great if you could show a trailer!

Nathan Banks

Thank you!

Yeah don't worry, the trailer will be coming real soon. Just had to sort out editing so I know it at least is looking how I visioned it, once that's done a trailer will be up and I will post here :)

Nathan Banks

So nervous about this honestly! But here we go! I posted a while back that I was making a Resident Evil Fan movie based on the first game and I promised I'd keep you all updated with the progress of the project. Well attached below is the first trailer and I can now reveal that the entire movie will premiere on my youtube account on the 15h August 2020! So much time and effort has gone into this project; the details are in my previous posts so if this isn't for you, please don't leave negative comments as I've literally spent a long while making this (just shy of 6 months). Hope you enjoy the trailer, it was thrown together rather quick to give you all something to announce the release date! Hope you guys like it :D

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Looks good! Most of the footage is very dark with low saturation, I think you could benefit from increasing the lightning and colors just a litte bit. The voice acting is quite decent and works well for a fan film of this caliber.

I also like that you've made Jill the main character, and the way the trailer is cut makes it very clear.

Nathan Banks

Thank you so much!

Basically the footage came out darker than I initially planed, but the actual movie will be brighter and the saturation won't be as low, so don't worry about that at all! A few have mentioned that to me actually :)

Yeah Jill and Chris are the protagonists of the entire story; both are skilled in different areas where the other isn't, which is why they make a brillaint team when they're put to the test :)

Thank you though, less than a month to go! Also huge thank you to all who have watched (even if people haven't commented on here), gained 47k views in 6 days and I never would have believed it honestly! So thank you :)

Nathan Banks

The movie is literally 5 days away from being premiered on my youtube channel, so you'll all be able to check it out during the premiere or after it has premiered. The movie run time officially is 1hr48mins. This may seem long, but I wanted to include absolutely everything I possibly could to make the movie work, so that's why it's as long as it is and believe me, some stuff has been left on the cutting room floor (RIP Spiders). It's a large movie with way more to absorb than the live action movies we got, so be prepared. If some of you are interested, I'd love you to all be there during the premiere, the link will be available in a couple of days so I'll be able to share it, but I've roped a few people in to discuss all things Resident Evil before, during and after the movie. There'll also be some chat about the movie as it airs obviously so I'm looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts! Once again, massive thank you for all the support. I can't wait for Saturday now to show you all what I've been rambling on about since March!! :D

Nathan Banks

So I had a technical glitch on Friday which prevented to the movie from being uploaded. Anyways! The movie will Premiere tonight!!

The Premiere link is above! Would love for some of you all to join in and watch the movie! 6 hours to go :)

Nathan Banks

Hey thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

All the music in the movie was created between myself and my friend Adam. I outlined all the tracks and told him how they should go and gave examples too and he created them for me. He'll also be doing the second movies soundtrack too. I can upload the tracks to youtube individually if anyone is interested? :)

Top Bottom