• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil Archives same as Zero?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I recently picked up the Zero part of the Archives, which just came out about a month ago, yet on the case as well as the menu screen it says it came out in 2008....yet I was under the impression we were in the year 2009....

Anyway, I am still playing through, and won't be able to play it for a couple of days, but this one seems exactly the same as it's gamecube counterpart. The graphics seem mostly the same, if not a little more polished perhaps...or I just haven 't seen the cutscenes in awhile. But it is nice to hear William and Albert as they were before DC Douglas and Birkin's 10-year old voice in the Chronicles series.

Once I finish the game I will post what new findings I have, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a cutscene browser, which is kind of mandatory now, ever since the Outbreak's, and RE4 & RE5, and Darkside, and obviously UC made the mistake of not putting that in there.

Of course I also have the Wii port of the REmake, and there were no new extras there either, just minor audio changes, and no grenade launcher glitch...

Mr Sunshine

I'm a little bit confused with this. Is this a game or some kind of reference guide like it says in the wiki?

judled

there is a book called archives but they also released 2 games, to my knowlledge, one was the remake of RE1 for wii and the othere was RE0 for wii.
i saw this game in the shop tempted to buy, but theres no real point if its the same as zero. please post up if theres new stuff in it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There's a suspicion that more games will be released as part of Archives. Someone from Capcom said there would be no reason to call these releases "Archives" if only 2 games would be released.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
bruno;69132 said:
There's a suspicion that more games will be released as part of Archives. Someone from Capcom said there would be no reason to call these releases "Archives" if only 2 games would be released.

Yeah, I think it is fair to say we will get more, the question is will they be remakes or ports...???

Wesker_xSTARSx

Look, Resident Evil Archives are simply former RE games ported to the Wii. There are no changes to the gameplay beyond simple glitches in the games. Nothing was altered to make it any different from the GC versions.

Top Bottom