• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Anime Series

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So, what if they made an RE anime series. I bet they could do a LOT better with an anime series than they did with the movies (by that i mean how appealing it is to fans). It worked with Devil May Cry after all, and I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts, a term which i don't understand lol, that it'd be able to last a while. It could chronicle the games in anime form, or it could be all side stories about other characters new to the series, it could be side stories about the BSAA, or some other relevance to the games, but not copy them. It could go ANY direction. What do you guys think, and how would you do it?

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I'd have it in the style of the Devil May Cry anime series. I'd also make RE2 and 3 just one big story and just call it Resident Evil "Raccoon City Nightmares"

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'd have it in the style of the Devil May Cry anime series. I'd also make RE2 and 3 just one big story and just call it Resident Evil "Raccoon City Nightmares"
I like the sound of that...Would it follow the games exactly and be considered cannon, or would you twist it up abit...plus, why not throw in RE Outbreak just to keep the series goin...

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I like the sound of that...Would it follow the games exactly and be considered cannon, or would you twist it up abit...plus, why not throw in RE Outbreak just to keep the series goin...
Yeah, I'd twist it up a bit. I'd have Jill run into Leon and show more of Barry looking for Jill.. stuff like that. Also add in the Outbreak characters as ppl that Carlos saves and show more of his relationship with his friend (can't remember his name) before Nikoli killed him in the sales place.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, I'd twist it up a bit. I'd have Jill run into Leon and show more of Barry looking for Jill.. stuff like that. Also add in the Outbreak characters as ppl that Carlos saves and show more of his relationship with his friend (can't remember his name) before Nikoli killed him in the sales place.
Those all seem like pretty killer ideas...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I cannot stand anime, therefore I probably wouldn't watch it. If it was closer to comic book style artistry, I would have no problems watching it. I would love to see a lot of the underground locations and some of the main characters, but I would also be open to new locations and characters, considering Raccoon City was eventually destroyed.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I think have like a series of Anime episodes of RE titled "Resident Evil: Survivor stories. Every episode would be a short story of a different survivor in different parts of the city trying to survive and maybe even meeting with others from past episodes. I think that would be really cool.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
I love Anime (Especially Cowboy Bebop and Naruto Sippuden) If this happened it woul be my new fav.

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I had a dream about a Resident Evil anime/cartoon YEARS ago. I woke up thinking that I had actually seen a commercial of it. I was so excited and waited months thinking it was true. Alas, my dreams were dashed. lol I could honestly see something like this being a huge hit. As long as they stay true to the games and keep the characters' personalities, it could have great potential.

I've never seen the DMC anime series. I played the hell out of DMC 1 but I quickly lost interest with number 2 and never went back. I've been thinking about picking up 1 and running through the entire series, but I dunno. Do you think I should take a look at the anime?

Nateburst5

I had a dream about a Resident Evil anime/cartoon YEARS ago. I woke up thinking that I had actually seen a commercial of it. I was so excited and waited months thinking it was true. Alas, my dreams were dashed. lol I could honestly see something like this being a huge hit. As long as they stay true to the games and keep the characters' personalities, it could have great potential.

I've never seen the DMC anime series. I played the hell out of DMC 1 but I quickly lost interest with number 2 and never went back. I've been thinking about picking up 1 and running through the entire series, but I dunno. Do you think I should take a look at the anime?
yes. i saw it. well part of it because i was using netflix on the wii and it kept stopping.

Top Bottom