• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Resident Evil 7, Spoilers and Predictions.

Should Resident Evil 7 borrow traits from The Last of Us/FEAR/Dead Island?

• Yes, Capcom needs to open their eyes to the gaming world and use Ideas that Work.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Capcom needs to stick with their own team and ideas, its worked out so far..

• Capcom should outsorce the making of the next game to another company that has had big hits.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert Halisheff

Hi guys, I just came across this forum and am new to the site. I just finished playing RE6 on PC, all campaigns and DLC. Now I know it came out awhile back and I've heard nothing but hate for it. While I agree that if flopped on what I wanted, it did move the story along. Basically I found it to be similar to RE5 and I even like how the allowed separate campaigns. Now like most of you I wish they had one long story line, but as I see it, to wrap up leon and ada and chris who have been hogging the lime light the needed 6 to be what it was. But it was bad for business, and good for fans. I mean good in terms of story progression not overall gameplay. Ok so we've done 6 and now the story is out of the way. Its time for the future. The 7th resident evil title is where Capcom can make some gold. Here is what I see in the market today games like FEAR get the blood pumping. I mean I remember almost crying playing RE2 in the dark. Games like Slender Man, where around each corner or each sound you hear makes you jump out of your seat. I mean if I can play a game while listening to my own music over the game sounds and not be worried about dying then I'm playing call of duty and not a Resident Evil game. Ok so The Last Of Us raised the bar for gameplay and graphics and all around zombie type games. A step in the right direction, The Last of US is what we as fans wanted RE6 to be.. Ok so you failed, time to get back on the horse Capcom. You have the funds to do this right and now you have an example. Ok but before you go Clone or Copy, let me also suggest Dead Island, I mean man nothing beats filling gas tanks grabbing broomsticks and bludging zombies in the head and dying sucks but that games got realism. I mean come on in RE6 I walked into a cloud of gas coughed twice and keeled over dead. I was like wow. Programmer having a bad day or hates his boss and he put this **** in here? Ok one more suggestion since steam and you are such good friends, Skyrim, heck Bethesda game studio. The openness of a game like skyrim is what I wanna see in RE7 take out the swords and horses and farms and barns and castles and caves and replace them with subways and guns and cars and buildings. The one thing I love about dead island is you can go into places to find goodies. I want me some goodies not just ammo or herbs. For gosh sake Leon was able to pull an axe out of a guy and restick him with it, sure it was a quick kill animation but come on let us pick up more wepons then a knife or a gun. Where is the chainsaw or the steel pipe or hitting zombies with cars. Ok so now that we have the gameplay covered its time for the storyline. Ok so I know you have Jake Leon and Chris and Sherry on the brain at the moment. But what about make your own guy like in skyrim. Instead of Nord or Breton, how about Leon type or Chris type or Sherry Type. Then you could have multi player with different people. And mercenaries could be like Golden Eye. Fun stuff. Ok so If you make it custom or you use Jake as the main guy. That's up to you. If you go with Jake I wanna see him go after the neo umbrella I want him to find sherry because she was kidnaped. I want Clair in there going to find Jake to wrap that up. But don't take it off Jake, make his story key but have him participate with Clair and Sherry. Also Have Rebbeca Chambers in there, make her a encounter Jake and help him out. Basicly I wanna see Skyrim/The Last of Us/Dead Island where you can choose a player like in dead island but the story is the same just differs with the backstory. If you go skyrim type game with zombies then make it so we can make our own charter but also see people from the RE universe as NPCs that help us out and partner up with us. I mean heck Id love Sherry at my back in only a hospital gown, or suit up with the BSAA and join chris on a mission and call him captin. Id love to hear from hunnigan and leon and be a special agent. Heck Id even team up with Jake to take over neo-umbrella or help clair find Jake, or even pass info on to ada. Id like to see HUNK back in the game and have his story open up a bit. I wouldn't mind if RE7 was kind like outbreak where there are levels to go through and different players to play with. But I think custom would be a bit more to my liking. Open the world up a bit like the Last of us did. Well that's all for now. Let me know what you guys think of my ideas and lets see if we can get capcoms ear, Also if they want this to fly PC and both consoles in stores and no steam download, make it playable offline as much as on.
Stay safe out there. Always carry your herbs and keep your guns loaded. :)

Top Bottom