• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 7 ideas for Capcom? *Spoilers*

Fenris

Wolf :)
There really are quit a LOT of characters Capcom forgot about:
- Barry
- Rebecca
- Carlos
-Nicholai
- Billy
- Steve (I'm not sure if Steve is dead or not, it has been stated in DC that they took the Virus from his body but not if he survived or died)
- The Outbreak guys
- Angela
- Ark Thompson
- Bruce McGivern
- HUNK
- Sheva

I didn't put in characters like Helena or Parker because they have either appeared recently and had no chance to have another appearence yet, or their fates have been revealed to the player (For example the notes about Parkers future in the ending of Revelations) But still Capcom really forgot about a lot of characters! And those are just the primary characters.

I would love to have Raymond, Jessica or Nicholai in RE7 as members of Neo-Umbrella. If Jill and Claire are the main characters there could be alot of good fights like Jill vs Nicholai or Jessica vs. Claire

KKAAIIG

Capcom seems to just be focusing on Chris and Leon. By the look of things Jake seems to be their new obsesses. :/

ofir

i will tell you who not gonna be for sure on the all next games of Resident Evil ever:
Billy Coen
Ashley Graham

outbreak guys and no Ark Thompson or Bruce McGivern (They are not even related to the main story)
Carlos Olivera
Nicholai Ginovaef
Piers Nivans
Sheva Alomar
Helena Harper
Angela

myabe even Rebecca Chambers ....
Then internalize it :)

masterfortesque

It took me this long to get and complete Revelations. I think the open ended style, more grotesque monsters and weapon systems were excellent as well as Raid, but there are a few big bummers in there.

- The companion! I loved how believable and playerlike Sheva acted, RE6 style was bad but the Revelation version is just pathetic. During the solo sections and Raid I was completely immersed, but whenever my partner appeared in action I just couldn't overlook the way enemies really couldn't care less about him and his attacks do 1/2 hp of damage. Either just get rid of companions or make them good. Especially without co-op the squadmate doesn't make any sense.
- The Hunters. They were stolen from some kids show right? A bunch of them running and jumping around like some petty goblins in Skyrim. Otherwise enemy design was great but Hunters were way too comical.
- Reusing bosses. I loved the Mayday dude. The entire introduction, concept and design was excellent. Likewise I liked Rachel and wanted to see more tragic stories with hideous creatures in the end. So when I realized there was another Mayday monster, and third, and fourth... the impact and my appreciation towards the original idea was seriously lessened. Moreover how do so many people turn into identical complex abominations? Shouldn't the effects be more varied?

However Revelations was still great and made me little optimistic about the idea of open-ended facility with multiple playable characters having intertwining stories actually happening. A strike team attacks some bioterrorist facility and the members get cut off from each other. You can choose to play the game as any of the members with their own intertwining stories and level structure. In single player you'd be alone 90% of time but still hear from the others and occassionally work with them. Simultaneous co-op would be awesome as you'd rarely see each other but communication would still be important with locked doors, sniper perches and inventory containers meaning the survival or death of partner and team success. Add a fictional hardcore mode in which teammates' death doesn't mean automatic game over and we have a great struggle against piling challenge. Mates can sacrifise themselves to save you and then watch from security cameras view as you're trying to survive the game.

Dr. Robert Maddison

MEMPHIS Corporation 2nd Division Arbiter
I'd like to suggest the next virus, if it there will be a next one, to be called the A-Virus.

So far, the past resident evil games have been playing around with the letters T (Tyrant), G (Gene), and C (Chrysalis) for abbreviations of their virus names. I've noticed that it also seems to be related to the 4 bases of a DNA sequence T(thymine), G(guanine), C(cytosine), and finally the A(adenine). it would be fun if they'd complete the sequence by naming the next one as the A-Virus.

Additionally, I'd suggest that either Piers or the mysterious "masterpiece" of Carla showed at the end of Ada's campaign (the one she destroys, but could've survived) to appear again as probable antagonists, that would be interesting.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Personally, I really hope Piers stays dead. Not that I have anything against him per se, I'm just tired of buybacks *COUGH*everybody in Revelations*COUGH*!

Amanda Wesker

I have an idea for two new characters Capcom can use and the name of them is Amanda Wesker she is the daughter of
Albert Wesker she is also raised and taught by him. The other characters name is Mark who is Amanda's boyfriend who she met when she went to College. Both Amanda and Mark joined the division of Security Operations they also have plans on becoming husband and wife one day.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
Well I feel they could do a RE6 style game, using RE2,RE3 as the main basis, You would have Leon, Claire, Jill, and Carlos. Now my thought is there not buddy buddy all the time each person goes there separate ways and they cross paths, so there would be a Scenario for Leon, and for Claire, same with Jill and Carlos. Ark Thompson was somewhat important as he was sent by Leon, to investigate Sheena Island, which was housing a Tyrant T-103 production facility. So the survivor game could be used as like a epilogue to the main game and have Barry fighting his way to a helicopter, which would be the prologue (As its states Barry picking you up in RE3 is cannon) I think it would do good if they take the time to remake the areas and make it where its not linear where you have to go back and fourth between a lot of places.

hypnoseater

OK, so with all this talk about bringing Albert Wesker back, no one is looking at the loose ends. In the RE5 documents there is a talk about the Wesker children and how only two children are left, Albert and Alex. Well obviously Albert is dead, but what about Alex?! Apparently he was very intelligent (more so then Albert) and Spencer's prodigy, he went to work on the progenitor virus trying to find the "elixir of life" which could make Spencer invincible. Spencer set up a facility in the south seas where Alex went to work on the virus, after thousands of test samples (humans) Alex finally reporter that he had made a breakthrough. Soon after Alex vanished with any equipment and information he had made. So... a great plot for RE7 could be the uprising of Alex since Albert has been killed. He could start major bio terrorism attacks around the world and start to eliminate BSAA members; trying to start a "perfect race" which Spencer and Albert tried to do. The protagonists could be Ada, Claire, whatever, but mainly that the game play goes back to survival horror instead of just action. Another great idea would to bring HUNK back and have him working for Alex trying to take care of problems, putting more emphasize on his past, and maybe show that HUNK was working for Alex the whole time. So basically having Alex come back could tie up some loose ends made in previous games, also flashbacks to previous games (maybe spin-offs?) could help relive nostalgic RE moments.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Technically Alex Wesker's status is unknown.
Also, there's actually a fan theory out there that Alex Wesker is HUNK. Interesting...

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Also, Alex can be a... woman ;) Full name can be Alexandra, I don't know why all people thought 'he' was a man ;) It would be awesome to see a girl as a dark character ;)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Also, Alex can be a... woman ;) Full name can be Alexandra, I don't know why all people thought 'he' was a man ;) It would be awesome to see a girl as a dark character ;)

That's what I used to say, but apparently Alex is referred to as a "he" in the Japanese version of the game. Regardless, I would also prefer "him" to be a woman, especially if he's going to be a villain, because I fear that a male Alex would be nothing but a second Wesker.

Dr. Robert Maddison

MEMPHIS Corporation 2nd Division Arbiter
Additionally, in order to tie up loose ends at the last game of the series, I'd suggest putting Steve, Svetlana (RE: Damnation), Other officers of Tricell, and most unused characters back. Let's get most of the speculations over with so that we can have a good conclusion to the story

Last edited:

RedPanda

4x the awesome
I think that there should be a single player main story to amp up the horror like the original RE games, but there should be a more action oriented co-op side mode similar to Mercenaries in 5 and 6. This could please more people than just one or the other. Also, I think Wesker (Albert, that is) should stay dead if the franchise wants to take itself seriously. Throughout the series they've explained away too many plot holes with genetic mutations, dumb luck, or no explanation at all. The series should be more consistent, and do away with the over-the-top super villain paradigm. Part of the horror is the believability of the characters. The idea of a corporation that is corrupt enough to fund illegal experiments for bio organic weapons is chilling because corruption and greed are real problems in the world, making the themes of the early games more personal, and giving the ideas more merit. When will we ever have to worry about evil men who survive RPGs to the chest while swimming in lava because of a combination of superior genetics and a virus capable of "natural selection" in the real world? The games don't provide fear because you are terrified of letting Chris or Leon die, because you know they'll come back. The games provide fear when you are forced to ask yourself, "what if this was me?" It gives a different level of fear to the games when they are rooted in the evil of human ways, rather than supernatural evil.

Top Bottom