• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 7 ideas for Capcom? *Spoilers*

Kratoz7

I personally prefer to see Resident Evil 7 in a less action way, and more horror in it. Jill and Claire should be the main characters and bring back some of the past characters. If they don't have a future in the resident evil universe, then capcom should close their story.

Well if you want less action you're in luck because Resident Evil Revelations tones down the action. But heres the thing about closing up and wrapping up "stories." Most of the time not every wrapping up story needs to be told. Not every game needs to pull a Metal Gear Solid 4 and tie up every last thread ever created by any story small or big for every single character that ever existed. It leads to forced fan service and overly long stories that some players don't want to sit through.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well if you want less action you're in luck because Resident Evil Revelations tones down the action. But heres the thing about closing up and wrapping up "stories." Most of the time not every wrapping up story needs to be told. Not every game needs to pull a Metal Gear Solid 4 and tie up every last thread ever created by any story small or big for every single character that ever existed. It leads to forced fan service and overly long stories that some players don't want to sit through.
That's the joy of video games. Like you mentioned MGS4 I found the more popular games (ME3, GoW, AC3) ****ty because it has NO emotional value whatsoever Imo it is just mindless killing

Kratoz7

That's the joy of video games. Like you mentioned MGS4 I found the more popular games (ME3, GoW, AC3) ****ty because it has NO emotional value whatsoever Imo it is just mindless killing

Well I can see what you mean. I really liked Metal Gear Solid 4. The Metal Gear Solid franchise has been a really great place to find really strong stories. But not every gamer wants "emotional value" from a game and the characters. And I'll admit sometimes I just want to get to it and play a game otherwise I'll watch a movie or read a book. I get that a lot of fans are invested in the Resident Evil characters (I like them too), but the gameplay has to come first.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well I can see what you mean. I really liked Metal Gear Solid 4. The Metal Gear Solid franchise has been a really great place to find really strong stories. But not every gamer wants "emotional value" from a game and the characters. And I'll admit sometimes I just want to get to it and play a game otherwise I'll watch a movie or read a book. I get that a lot of fans are invested in the Resident Evil characters (I like them too), but the gameplay has to come first.
True Story.

I believe Re is the only series I believe gameplay should come first.

All the others MUST be story wise

A_Blue_Herb

would love to just get back to the basic's...just a new mansion or whatever you wanna do with "orginal zombies and orginal "Survival" horror please"...enough of this nonstop action packed, zombies with weapons and guns and crap..this isnt a war game..its suppose to be a survival horror game..

Zainab Bachir

Here's what I believe Resident Evil 7 SHOULD contain.

Number 1) A more compelling storyline than what we saw in Resident Evil 6. Fun, yes. Interesting, not really it was a little dull. Here's a synopsis I'd like to see Resident Evil 7 take. Chris Redfield, along with Jake Muller, are kidnapped by Neo-Umbrella (since this is our new interprise villain): Chris due to his constent interference and Jake due to his value. Claire Redfield is sought out by the BSAA due to her prior experience with BOW's to find her brother and bring him back safely. In her doing this, Claire seeks additional help from the prestigious Jill Valentine, hence, beginning the first Female-Female story campaign. Already calculating possible protectors of justice, Neo-Umbrella does the unthinkable. While flying to Neo-Umbrella's possible base of headquarters, their attacked by something and crash in a forsaken zombie urban enviornment. As the two proceed, welcome forth experiment Nemesis-Alpha 3 (it just sounds cool to me lol :D). It's mission, Destroy Jill and Claire. Also, have points where the two are separated from an extended period of time multiple times within the game. Like 10, 15, 20 minutes alone: that way people who enjoy co-op are satisfied and people who enjoy the tension of being solo are satisfied. I think sticking to ONE primary story line veers away from too much confusion and allows the players to follow a steady path. But in this case, TWO would make this story more interesting as Jake and Chris are paired together whom have an unfinished agenda with one another. Whereas Claire and Jill's story focuses on the two trying to infiltrate Neo-Umbrella and escaping the new Nemesis superpower, Chris and Jake's story focus on them trying to escape the facility. I think aide from previous characters, like Ada, Leon, Sherry, Hunk, and any other qualifying character would be great for the game because it allows all characters a cameo and involvement in the storyline. If these characters are however introduced, they should have their own side stories that explain how the FOUR primary characters encountered unexplainable events. (Just like the Ada campaign in 6).

At the climax, it should be revealed that superpower Albert Wesker had never truly died. He should be a villain unimaginable, one that takes ALL FOUR CHARACTERS to defeat. He should also utilize other Alpha Nemesises to accomplish trying to kill the heroes with all of them beholding unspeakable mutations. This is where Jake realizes that Chris had to do what he did so long ago. Now son helps hero kill his father once and for all. AHHHHHH!!!!!

2) The second component that this should have is THE RIGHT OF AN OPEN MAP LIKE PREVIOUS RE'S!!!!! That was what made Resident evil so fun. There was something to be found in EVERY ROOM and you could not proceed through the game until EVERY ROOM had been opened.

3) PUMP UP THE FRIGHT! I understand with the evolving of technology, some games have to compete with modern times but come on, is it so difficult to try and scare the S@&* out of me?

4) Bring back the usage of four-shaped keys. Though it was annoying in some cases, I felt a sense of accomplishment when I was able to figure out difficult puzzles and locate the keys.

5) Please bring back intricate puzzles. NOT stupid one's like when Ada had to shoot zombies into the walls (swear to God took me a million years to figure that **** out). It just didn't seem relevant enough.

That's how I feel Resident Evil will redeem it's name from RE 5 and 6 and those HORRIBLE Milla Jovovich renditions. God those are aweful.

TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS YEAH?

I love the idea of Chris and Jake teaming up and killing Wesker, I really hope that Capcom won't turn him into a bad guy!
And Nemesis again that would be awesome!
I like your whole story of RE7 :)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Look, I'm sorry Claire fans, but she shouldn't come back. Don't look at me like I'm a hater. I love Claire. But I'm also a fan of continuity, and according to the current cannon, Claire is done fighting. It states in the CANNON RE: Degeneration, that she is now a protector, rather than a fighter. Keep her that way. Maybe utilize her as a story plot, or as a role similar to Hunigan, but not as a main playable character.

There, now that I have that cleared up, I think there are several different paths they could take, however, here is what I personally would like to see. Chris retired from the BSAA, and more or less from the series as a whole. With the way his story ended, it would be perfect if he were never seen again. I do mean this in the most heroic of ways. Maybe someone could talk about him, and how/what he's doing now in a cutscene, and maybe we even see him doing something on the sidelines, but as a playable character, Chris is no more. So with the Redfield siblings out of the story (Heroically, no hate), that should leave Leon and Jill to team up, and in an epic conclusion to the series, do it alongside Jake (Due to the way his story ended, as well as Ada's story ended) and Sherry. They both can really be expanded upon, while we take the last two of the original 4 heroes, and put the to rest in one final game. This is what I would like to see. RE7 be the LAST canonical numbered game (Not including canonical subtitled games) where Leon and Jill go out with a bang alongside Jake and Sherry.

Reactions: svp

Darkstar Darin

Wesker's secret project. D-Virus.
Jake. Sherry. Leon. Jill (seriously where the hell was Jill during RE6?). HUNK & Vector as a team (MAKE IT WORK CAPCOM!!). Alex Wesker as a bookwormy, possibly immortal scientist held hostage in Madripoor. C+ Virus :lol: . Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Ada & Leon havin' a happy ending after Jill realizes she's pregnant. By HUNK.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Jake. Sherry. Leon. Jill (seriously where the hell was Jill during RE6?). HUNK & Vector as a team (MAKE IT WORK CAPCOM!!). Alex Wesker as a bookwormy, possibly immortal scientist held hostage in Madripoor. C+ Virus :lol: . Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Ada & Leon havin' a happy ending after Jill realizes she's pregnant. By HUNK.

For some reason this whole thing was oddly appealing to me. IDK If it was meant as a joke or not, but I took it seriously, and I dig it...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Oh well, who knows what happened in all that time she spent with Wesker... I'm not saying she's Jake's mother, that wouldn't be possible, but maybe someone else's... It would explain her absence in RE6.

DarkJackal

RE6 was on different parts of the world, so naturally with the way they ruin, I mean change things, they are gonna wanna go bigger and better. So RE7 firstly will have a new D virus which they can make do whatever they want to suit the needs to please the masses. IE "Lets add an enemy that shoots kittens at the player, but how will we explain that in the RE story? Lets just make a new virus, it'll be fine". Not only will they have a D virus now but it will take place on a big star ship orbiting earth.

And we'll have to stop some new villain(who was there from the beginning they just forgot to mention of course) from giving the whole world the D.

taifhamid1

if i know Resident Evil correctly then Peirs will be in RE7 as a boss, as for the other stories i'd really LOVE to see Leon/Ada get kinda better the poor guy was kept forever virgin because of Ada Wong, he is getting screwed over it's not even funny xD as for claire and the other characters, if they didn't continue the story of RE6 then they'll do just like any other game has done recently ORIGINS to fill up missing pieces and finish some stories but with the new system of stories on RE6 i really don't know if they gonna make more than one campaign to do both...

KKAAIIG

I think they should stop creating new characters, focus on some old ones and go back to survival horror.

Top Bottom