• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Resident Evil 7 & 8" are the worse games I've ever seen

MrCalazans

"Oh it brought the horror back with the Classic interface"

Let me do a Resident Evil based in Paranormal Activity with Ghostbusters as the good guys bringing back the "horror".

Resident Evil 1 wasn't about horror or zombies at all. It was about investigation. They went to that mansion to investigate. Of course it was a horror game, but not THAT horror game.

This one looks like Outlast with guns. Looks like everything, but Resident Evil.

Looks like Van Helsing. I guessing Capcom wanted to create a new IP called "Village", but carrying RE name on it would sell much more getting much more visibility as well, because it's a consecrated franchise. I won't be playing this. Have you seen what a guy from Capcom's team just said during an intervieram with that russian actress Shuzolotova?

They want to create a Resident Evil Live Action TV Series, so he said to her that they don't know anything about RE storyline, then they Google it on Wikipedia...

Summarizing this thread: They don't even know what they're doing with the franchise.

jackbaker877

Resident Evil Village doesn't necessarily come off as a Resident Evil game, but I think RE7 fits very well with the storyline

PaulDB

Resident Evil Village is a restored folklore tale that blends werewolves, vampires and the parasitic organism to strange effect. I'm going to play it sometime to find out just how these three elements combine well enough to earn the game high ratings. I'd like to know just how they do because I find the mixture confusing.

Ikawaru

I dunno I kind of think 4, 5, and 6 have aged like vinegar and I now rank them the worst (Even though at least 5 had a good story). It's understandable that 4 doesn't stand the test of time because it was such an impressive title at the time that the industry at large copy, pasted, and improved upon its formula so much that it feels like a degraded title at this point. It's like how comedy movies don't age well, what was once considered fresh and had shock value laughs eventually gets copied and repeated so much that it's no longer funny anymore. Really old comedy movies feel more like light hearted boring stories than comedies, same with the RE4 formula.

At least 7 and 8 have better survival horror aesthetics, despite the poor direction these games took on the world and story, they at least seem to have some redeemable qualities for the genre. They are a far cry of course on how the series should have played out, but at least there's enough artistic resonance to them that gave a hint of the survival horror days of yore. They are still unacceptable of course, I just find them less offensive than I do the total action games of 4,5, and 6 at this time.

I can say with all honesty on my most recent playthrough of RE4 is that the only thing I really loved about it was the sack wearing 'Friday the 13th Part 2' guys wearing sacks on their heads and the sound of their revving chainsaws, that's literally all I thought awesome about it. I did not think so at the time but like everything, moods shift and desires change over time and eventually what abruptly went out of style winds up being popular again. I can imagine myself a decade+ from now longing for the good ol' days of RE4, RE5, and RE6, as much as it pains me to say it now.:LOL:

SpaceOwlHoot

Resident Evil Village is a restored folklore tale that blends werewolves, vampires and the parasitic organism to strange effect. I'm going to play it sometime to find out just how these three elements combine well enough to earn the game high ratings. I'd like to know just how they do because I find the mixture confusing.

Eh, Village's story isn't really what gave the game the high ratings.
I can imagine myself a decade+ from now longing for the good ol' days of RE4, RE5, and RE6, as much as it pains me to say it now.:LOL:

I give you permission to throw boiling water in my face if you ever hear me say that I long for RE6. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom