• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6?

O(+>

All that's really been said so far is that it could be a reboot of the series. If that means we wouldn't see hardly anyone we know, then as long as the characters are well developed and it still has the Resident Evil/Biohazard feel, then there shouldn't be a problem. And to keep the veteran fans happy, Mercs could return with the old faves.

v iBaxter

like above nobody knows anything other than it's getting rebooted hope they stick with same characters.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I hope they scrap every single character and completely start fresh! Don't get me wrong I'm a massive fan of the series but I feel like its been dragged on long enough now...

re5fanatic

aintnoscrub;68659 said:
I hope they scrap every single character and completely start fresh! Don't get me wrong I'm a massive fan of the series but I feel like its been dragged on long enough now...

true their stories are getting old

v iBaxter

how can u say that ! at least keep the characters that are old and havnt seen much of and chris, i doubt i could like any other new characters into resident evil i mean look at sheva !! or excella before u know it every one will be running around in high heels and having russian accents AND doing pointless front flips to get to something that is five feet infront of you.

gawyn

The story and characters are the strength of Resident Evil.
Can't see how the series would benefit from a reboot at all!
With a reboot it will be just as any action/horror series...personally I will have problems with that!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Of course first reactions would be 'oh I won't enjoy this' but as the saying goes “don't knock it until you've tried it“

Constantly rehashing old characters with this same story which feels like its been stretched to the limit at the moment will just cause fans like me who absolutely love the originals to begin to hate it. Its basically just an action game at the moment, doesn't feel like resident evil to me anymore. If re5 didn't have chris or wesker in it it probably wouldn't even be noticable as an RE game.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
aintnoscrub;68659 said:
aintnoscrub;68695 said:
Of course first reactions would be 'oh I won't enjoy this' but as the saying goes “don't knock it until you've tried it“

Constantly rehashing old characters with this same story which feels like its been stretched to the limit at the moment will just cause fans like me who absolutely love the originals to begin to hate it. Its basically just an action game at the moment, doesn't feel like resident evil to me anymore. If re5 didn't have chris or wesker in it it probably wouldn't even be noticable as an RE game.

I think scrapping old characters is sad but all good things must come to an end. :( So I agree with you. Maybe they could have used some of the old characters, but if they introduce new characters then at least we don't need to complain on what the old characters turned into...
New characters would be a fresh restart.

Apart from a finished product with no annoying bugs, I ask for one thing: Horror! I'm not going to tell anyone how to make horror, Capcom can do it better than anyone of us if they try.

Top Bottom