• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 Officially Announced. Details Coming Sept 15th

Rammlied

re6sw.jpg

Rammlied

Is this REAL!!! Or are you just screwin with us?...either way, i'm happy...even if its fake it gives me hope for a better future...

The title screen as you see in the image was shown off at Comic Con yesterday during a Behind the close door press event.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Yes. It's time to go back to origins. Every Resident Evil fan wants this. I think they should have never changed the series genres.

exactly, i mean would it have been so hard to make re 5 scary? dead space seemed to manage with the over the shoulder view.

Rammlied

Give RE5 SOME credit, It was a solid game p=

Agreed, RE5 is no where near as bad the way people make it out to be. The game was fine, sure the horror aspect was gone but i don't give a crap about that aspect of Resident Evil. RE5 brought back the old school main cast and brought it back with a nice twist well at least it was for me. RE 6 is going to be something we are not going to expect.

G-Viruse Infectee

The Ashford Twins. We really are twins.
Agreed, RE5 is no where near as bad the way people make it out to be. The game was fine, sure the horror aspect was gone but i don't give a crap about that aspect of Resident Evil. RE5 brought back the old school main cast and brought it back with a nice twist well at least it was for me. RE 6 is going to be something we are not going to expect.

OK.........i do agree that people give RE5 a bad wrap but you dont care about the aspects of Resident evil why are you here i am assuming you only played RE4 and RE5 as resident evil was a horror game to start with.

Rammlied

OK.........i do agree that people give RE5 a bad wrap but you dont care about the aspects of Resident evil why are you here i am assuming you only played RE4 and RE5 as resident evil was a horror game to start with.

Allow me to correct my previous statement. I play Resident Evil for the story, characters and back story between the characters and Umbrella, I'm fascinated by it. The horror is an after thought to me. Sure the first game scared the **** out of me when i was kid. After that, i didn't care for the horror aspect. I cared for the story and reading all the files the games had to offer. Thats my main reason i play Resident Evil. That's why I'm never disappointed with the series. I accept the series for what it is, in a big way. I understand why so many fans want the horror aspect to come back and i respect that. With it or without it, it's not a game breaker for me.

However with that said, if Capcom did go back to old school vibe like the classics, Ill be more then happy with it. If not and they make something extremely different i will still love it for what it is.

G-Viruse Infectee

The Ashford Twins. We really are twins.
The story is more important than the horror but if capcom keep on makeing RE more and more Action orantanted like Oparation Raccoon city they will be more Online multiyplayer focuesd well end up will another game like Modern Warefare and Call of Duty.

AgentHUNK

Mr. Death
I do think RE5 gets hosed by many Resident Evil fans. RE4 and RE5 IMHO are good, fun to play games, but they just don't feel like Resident Evil to me. 5 especially, considering the "epic" confrontation between Wesker and Chris left me feeling violated. I think RE5 can be summed up by one phrase: Missed Opportunities.

I sincerely hope RE6 brings back a return to form for RE games. I think they need a control scheme that mixes the classic exploration camera and the Aiming of RE5. While you are exploring it plays like, say REmake and when you aim to shoot it switches to OTS.

Rammlied

I do think RE5 gets hosed by many Resident Evil fans. RE4 and RE5 IMHO are good, fun to play games, but they just don't feel like Resident Evil to me. 5 especially, considering the "epic" confrontation between Wesker and Chris left me feeling violated. I think RE5 can be summed up by one phrase: Missed Opportunities.

I sincerely hope RE6 brings back a return to form for RE games. I think they need a control scheme that mixes the classic exploration camera and the Aiming of RE5. While you are exploring it plays like, say REmake and when you aim to shoot it switches to OTS.

It's funny I've talked about having classic gameplay with OTS shooting on plenty of forums for the last year and half. So i 100% agree with you. I believe it will work out extremely well if done right.

Yes. It's time to go back to origins. Every Resident Evil fan wants this. I think they should have never changed the series genres.
Every fan? Is it right to speak for every fan?

While I wouldn't object to the old style being brought back, I thought RE4 was magnificient. As for part 5 my main issue was the story. Like you said the fight between Chris and Wesker...I dunno, im bittersweet about it, it was cool in it's own way, but something about the way it was delivered just left me wanting something else. I too would like some of the horror back. Part 4 was funner to play for me, because I felt that part 4 still had some creepiness to it. Re5 I can't really recall any really good gameplay moments worth mentioning.

Top Bottom