• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 (film) Returning to the Hive

Aleck

Biohazard
(Apologize ahead if this has been previously posted)
Credit goes to movieweb.com - http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclus...nfirms-resident-evil-6-will-end-the-franchise

As some might have already guessed, a Resident Evil 6 film story is in development and it looks like Paul Anderson will bring everything full circle and back to where it all began.

Here's the gist of the interview where he talks a little about the final RE movie entry.

What does Paul W.S. Anderson hope to achieve with his final swan song?

"I couldn't possible tell you that. Definitely, the destruction and loss of the world. I can't tell you if it's the loss of the entire world. In terms of returning characters and themes, I do see this movie coming full circle. And circling back to the original characters and themes that were featured in the very first film. That's why you saw the return of the Red Queen, and Michelle Rodriguez's character. It is preparing you for a return to the hive, and a return to the scene of the first film."

Are there any characters from the first couple of movies that he'd like to bring back in this final chapter?

"There are a few of them, yes. I felt that, with this movie, there was a limit to what we could do. We were bringing back Colin Salmon, we were bringing back Michelle Rodriguez. There were a lot of returning characters. We were bringing back Sienna Guillory. I didn't want to overwhelm the movie with this endless parade of returning characters. But there are a lot of characters and themes in the franchise that I would like to return to. I think that is going to be one of the fun things. We've taken the audience on this epic journey, and then ultimately realizing that the journey comes back to the very beginning. Hopefully it makes them reexamine everything they have seen in the franchise. I think the final movie will not only be spectacular, but it will also make you want to go back and watch all of those blu-rays and DVDs again. And watch them through a different lens."

We don't have word on when Resident Evil 6 will begin production, but it is being targeted for a 2015 release date.
Resident Evil 6 comes to theaters in 2015 and stars Milla Jovovich. The film is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

To other fans of the film franchise, what are your thoughts and what do you expect might happen at The Hive? I was really looking forward to a big revelation as teased about in the RE Retribution summary months back; only to be disappointed that there wasn't anything shocking that was revealed. We've already seen that Umbrella has testing facilities and capabilities with cloning, so that they had many Alice clones and simulated cities well... it just was a big let down for me. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the movie, but I must agree the plot was thin and almost none existent. I enjoyed the relationship between Alice and Becky and the Barry character. Hopefully they won't rub out Becky like they did Angie, as if she never existed. There's a rumor that the final movie will be cut into two parts and if that's true, I would love for Nolan or whoever did The Avengers to help out with this one. They might teach Anderson a thing or two on character development and show him that he can include many characters and pull off a great movie.

Aleck

Biohazard
Looks like we're going to have to wait until 2015 for its release. Jill "Sienna" Valentine confirmed on Twitter that filming would commence in early 2014. I doubt it's going to be ready by September. To be honest, I don't mind it at all if it allows Pompeii Anderson time to develop a proper story. I know it's asking for too much though. As much as I enjoy the movies and the Alice in Zombieland saga, I have to admit that there is always more to be desired in these films. Things that wouldn't have hurt the pace of the action if that is what the handlers were worried about. Minute details that would've explained the many plot holes. I do think that Milla and Anderson care about the Alice story, the problem is that they have a very lousy team of writers. The Resident Evil movies will always be a kind of guilty pleasure of watching hot women, guns, and zombies, but I do hope that they can provide a somewhat coherent storyline for this final entry.

Top Bottom