• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident Evil 6 Demo

bruno

Chief Researcher
And Chris' is supposed to have more action than this?
I like it, it's very involving and interactive The environments are great. Much better than just running and shooting.
At fisrt I hated the aim and the HUD, but I'm starting to like them...

Redfield Fan 93

I Always come prepared.
Am i missing something or has Michael Bay Recently designed a game called Resident Evil 6 ?
Im being serious because that is the Farthest Cry from what Resi was as i could have ever imagined. Speaking as a fan from 96 (as many may now know) im entiled to have unquestionable critique. Helicopters grazing trains more kicks than a Jackie Chan movie and Hordes of Zombies that make Paul Andersons Hordes look like a walk in the park. Their aint no going back from this, i official declare Survial Horror in the Resident Evil Franchise DEAD.

Reactions: svp

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
Am i missing something or has Michael Bay Recently designed a game called Resident Evil 6 ?
Im being serious because that is the Farthest Cry from what Resi was as i could have ever imagined. Speaking as a fan from 96 (as many may now know) im entiled to have unquestionable critique. Helicopters grazing trains more kicks than a Jackie Chan movie and Hordes of Zombies that make Paul Andersons Hordes look like a walk in the park. Their aint no going back from this, i official declare Survial Horror in the Resident Evil Franchise DEAD.
This is just one demonstration out of who knows how many levels. This is perfect to show off to the journos and general public seeing as it's action packed, exciting and showcases the graphics very well.
Just wait for the horror sections seeing as the game is divided into 3. Then you can slag the game, and myself, off.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
vader_survival.png

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Yeah the gameplay does look too similar to Operation Raccoon City. I really don't care for ORC in general and part of it has to do with the gameplay and inventory (its also just an absolutely boring game). It looks like the firepower lacks a good punch (like ORC). I was hoping for something similar to RE5's gameplay and inventory setup.

sbr999

From what I can see so far in the demo and the trailer:
-The graphics are amazing. Though, the main characters faces could be more detailed.
-The enviroment details are also very impressive,
But
-The enemies just stood there most of the time, doing nothing. Which is weird even if they are zombies. I hope they'll fix that.
-Too much 'button pressing event'. It almost feels like an interactive film, not a game.
- The developers wanted to include too many things in one game, imo (watch the new trailer to see what I mean).....Sometimes less is more.
-Doesn't feel like RE at all.

I've learnt from the ORC campaign already, that just because the game looks good on promo pictures/trailers, that doesn't mean it will look good during the real gameplay.

I don't complain about the action, because this part of the game is already in China, from I could see....But I really hope the Tall Oaks campaign will have less mindless shooting.

Jgraeme1979

RE ORC sucked though, it's bug ridden and THAT is one of the reasons, if not the main reason that people seem to dislike it, but I think with this being a full RE title rather than an off shoot it will have more care taken and shouldn't (hopefully, fingers crossed and touching more wood than a lumberjack) be fairly bug free.

I've not played ORC but agree there are too many similarities although maybe that is the better way for them to create this game, by actually giving us this type of game, maybe it is survival horror and we are just so accustomed to it now we are overlooking the fact that this is still a survival horror and that the shooting part has given way slightly to a more action and shooting orientated type of game play.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.

It's cos (from what I've read) Shinji Mikami wasn't a part of 5 and 6...And I don't blame him either.

Jwells

Wow so you judge a game by its trailer? :)

Give RE6 a fair chaince..

Reactions: Xi.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
wow, i like the new grenade effects!!! Also, is that a tattoo on leons arm?--lower left arm by glove..-cant wait !!!

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
--- I was 15 years old when i bought the psx and a copy of resident evil the first day it came out!!!! --- All i have to say to you is that im a huge,huge,huge resident evil fan !!!!! --To me this looks to be everything I wished and dreamed it could become....Stop being mister negative on this game-how is Leon crashing and almost dieng then being surrounded by a horde of zombies not" HORROR SURVIVAL!!!!!!!!!! ?"

Reactions: Xi.

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
I'm really trying my best to still my tongue on the matter of "Lack of survival horror" but i'm finding all the whining and complaining that "Survival horror in the RE series is now dead"... No offense to anyone in-particular, but some of the posts that i've read on the site so far, and elsewhere, so here's my two cents.

5 definitely did not have that survival horror feel to it, 6 does judging by the trailers, especially Leon's segment in Tall Oaks.
6 is a huge improvement from 5, in terms of survival horror and it DOES have the element of horror in it, the main issue is that people have to get with the times, this is what RE has evolved into, sure Shinji Mikami who was a part of RE4 isn't around anymore, but they're sure putting a whole lot more effort to please both side of the fanbase, and i applaud them for that.

That being said, RE6 IS worth a pre-order, it DOES have the survival horror feel to it, sure it has action, yes, but it DOES have that survival horror feel to it still, if they hadn't taken the path of 4 and onward, RE would be DEAD, and none of us would have RE anymore, so be happy.

Alright, my rants finished, i apologize sincerely if my post offends anyone, which i'm sure it shouldn't.

P.S. You should NEVER judge a book by it's cover, only by reading the entire book, can you judge it, it's a fact of life, it's how life should be lived in most cases. And the same fact applies here, don't judge the game just by the trailers, play the entire game first when it is released, before you post your two cents, please.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I'm really trying my best to still my tongue on the matter of "Lack of survival horror" but i'm finding all the whining and complaining that "Survival horror in the RE series is now dead"... No offense to anyone in-particular, but some of the posts that i've read on the site so far, and elsewhere, so here's my two cents.

5 definitely did not have that survival horror feel to it, 6 does judging by the trailers, especially Leon's segment in Tall Oaks.
6 is a huge improvement from 5, in terms of survival horror and it DOES have the element of horror in it, the main issue is that people have to get with the times, this is what RE has evolved into, sure Shinji Mikami who was a part of RE4 isn't around anymore, but they're sure putting a whole lot more effort to please both side of the fanbase, and i applaud them for that.

That being said, RE6 IS worth a pre-order, it DOES have the survival horror feel to it, sure it has action, yes, but it DOES have that survival horror feel to it still, if they hadn't taken the path of 4 and onward, RE would be DEAD, and none of us would have RE anymore, so be happy.

Alright, my rants finished, i apologize sincerely if my post offends anyone, which i'm sure it shouldn't.

P.S. You should NEVER judge a book by it's cover, only by reading the entire book, can you judge it, it's a fact of life, it's how life should be lived in most cases. And the same fact applies here, don't judge the game just by the trailers, play the entire game first when it is released, before you post your two cents, please.

I agree with everything you said. I hate how people ridicule a game before its even out or compare it to something else. I've heard nothing but great things about RE6. People need to stop nitpicking what's in the past and accept what is current.

Top Bottom