• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Resident evil 6 complaint thread.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Funny, that I've been a long Gears fan, since the day I got my 360 and it didn't felt Gears of War at all. Well, at least for me. :)

My only complaint is, that sometimes it doesn't register any hits on zombies, or it does the wrong melee attack.

*Punched/kicked a zombie = nothing happens*
*Zombie is down, you try to stomp him as the *click RT* icon shows up, but Leon just decides to do a normal kick.* (Probably only happens on not-so-flat ground)
Yeah i got that a bit to begin with- i found that if you hold trigger it works better, if you are going for a button prompt melee such as the one when their down, hold RT and walk around him.
Same with the kick one, you need to close enough to see the 'RT' prompt come up, then press and hold RT dont just tap it. Its because you can melee anytime you need to get the prompt to show up to trigger the Hit detection i think,. Try that see how you get on.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
my only complain is that, i may have to get it after a few days after its official release; since i'd assume on the date it is released there may be no copy for me (since i've not pre-ordered) so yes, that is my only complaint
I dont think much chance of that Nastalia at least game shops near me will have lots of copies , I never heard of a game selling out except perhaps C.o.d.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Funny, that I've been a long Gears fan, since the day I got my 360 and it didn't felt Gears of War at all. Well, at least for me. :)

Well I have seen a lot of other sites and people also draw to this comparison...

But hey, opinions/opinions lol.;)

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Just in case it happens, i'm going to complain in advance about DLC. Please only let it be for multiplayer/co-op stuff, I HATE when essential storyline/character stuff has to be paid for separate from the game :'(

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

My only complaint is, that sometimes it doesn't register any hits on zombies, or it does the wrong melee attack.

*Punched/kicked a zombie = nothing happens*
*Zombie is down, you try to stomp him as the *click RT* icon shows up, but Leon just decides to do a normal kick.* (Probably only happens on not-so-flat ground)
Well remember all we have is the demo right now so theres gonna be a few bugs.

L3X18999

Loyal Decepticon...
Only thing I had to say to Capcom is:

Why no Claire?

I mean seriously, she's one of my favorite characters... At least put as a playable character in Mercenary, I could settle for that...

Luna113304

[Insert custom title here]
I've just finished the first chapter with Leon and it was way to long. I liked the sub chapters personally, I like having a decent sized level to play on in the RE games ya know but this was ridiculous. An hour later I was almost finished with the first chapter. Subs give you a chance to breath, holy ****aki mushrooms this was crazy. Scary and yes I agree with however said it's too dark. I understand wanting an atmosphere but even in Silent Hill you could see what was going on. Bleh.

thc2099

(Copied from another of my posts):

Now, the bad... Again, controls let it down, it just isn't how I'd move if I was trying to escape from zombies, the characters have a turning circle similar to a bus. The inactive zombies got repetitive and predictable REALLY fast, and it's annoying the way you can't shoot them while they're in this state; instead you have to walk near them or perform a task/go to another area so that they get up and you can shoot them. There's no surprise element here either, because every single "sleeping" zombie I encountered later reanimated. And why is there a objective marker? I didn't have these in any of the previous games, why all of a sudden do I need guidance on where to go? Part of the excitement was exploring, but now that's pretty much taken away. I don't want to begin to sound like a broken record, but I can't help saying again that the martial arts kicks need to go. It's so cheesy to watch two characters simultaneously roundhouse kick a set of double doors open, feels like a bad 90s action flick. I'm half expecting a guitar solo and a close up of the characters slipping on some sunglasses or something. Support should seriously be scaled down too - I'm talking co op time taken down to a minimum and definitely get rid of the radio system where you have that lady giving you support. Reminded me too much of Syphon Filter.

People here might like my thread "Suggested changes to the Resident Evil series" over at the Resident Evil General Discussion section.

Darkness

Infected
I've got a complaint for ya, the changing of the money system to the point system, and the weapon upgrades to the skill upgrades.

The progression of upgrades started awesome in RE4, then sled downhill more with each game. In RE4 it was extremely fun trying to figure out which guns you wanted to take vs the amount of space you had in your case. The merchant had so many different options of things you might want to bring along, not just lots of different weapons, but attachments for weapons, each one you had to value it's use vs the space it took up. You had to decide when it was worth it to buy more stuff or save for a bigger case, and which guns you should upgrade. Selling things was also a viable option. Ammo too. Say you decided to go the game without using the TMP, as i did my first time. Then, all ammo that you find for it you can convert to extra funds. Finding treasures was also an awesome factor into the game, they could be sold for high prices, and some you could decide if you wanted to wait and combine them or sell them early for a much needed upgrade.

RE5 didn't do it AS WELL, but it still did very nicely. You no longer had to play tetris with your inventory, and you had a case with unlimited space so you could give and take weapons between chapters. This was a bit dissapointing because i liked havin to make the hard space-usage decisions, and being able to expand my inventory. I also liked being able to equip very tangible addons to my weapons like the Red-9 and TMP stocks. This was also where they started you out with maximum health, instead of letting you upgrade it through yellow herbs, which I disliked because in RE4 finding yellow herbs was like an orgasm. The treasures could not be combined, so they turned into a gimmick, you might as well could have just replaced them with sums of cash and had the same exact thing.

RE4 and 5 both kept me on edge for the next weapon though, I distinctly remember how happy i felt when i found some of the new weapons, like an awesome childhood memory. Finding the shotgun in RE4 in the first village scene was just so climactic. It was exactly what you needed to blast your way out of that tight barricaded house, it was just an iconic find. In RE5 had some great ones too. Those silver cases, you remember those? Whenever i saw one of those, it was like running into one of the huge chests on Zelda, you just know something awesome is going to be inside. In both games, I was super stoked after finishing boss and mini-boss fights, because they'd always drop a very tangible sign of my accomplishment. Chainsaw infected in both games would give you something awesome to remember them by, (a ring i think), and El Gigante left a huge pile of money, 15,000 or so if i remember correctly. I would always thing "SHIIIIIIIET, you just bought my pistol some more firepower!" Speaking of firepower, that's also what RE4 and 5 did awesomely. Specific stats and upgrades for each weapon. In RE4, 1 power was the starting power of the first pistol, and based on that i would always calibrate my choices. You don't even know how amazed i was when i got my Red-9 to like 5 power, I was like, "each shot of this is going to blast them like 5 pistol shots all at once," and i felt it too very well, i could shoot an enemy like twice and he'd drop.

RE6 is just disappointing in comparison. There is virtually no inventory, just a list of items that you scroll through. Skill points progress your character, but i really don't feel much of a difference at all. The weapons all seem to blend into each other. Each campaign has different weapons, but i just don't see enough difference between the way they operate. I am just thinking "well, looks like i found the generic shotgun weapons of this campaign... oh and here is the generic machine gun weapon of this campaign." Bosses are now just something to kill so the story will progress, not something i want to unload into because i'm going to get an awesome reward. I guess what i'm trying to say is that RE4 felt like an awesome strategic shooter RPG, RE5 still was like that but not as much, and RE6 felt like an arcade style game; like if i played my save game and my neighbors, i wouldn't be able to tell the two apart.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
Chapter 2 of Jake's Story. One area I despise on having an A.I. partner as Sherry Birkin. She'll never go for that stupid passkey, she can literally run over there pick it up and run back(Anyone can do it), no problem, but the A.I. insists I distract the Ustanak, I used remote bombs, shooting at it, running around it, hiding from it, and usually ends with me getting killed or dumba$$ A.I.

thc2099

I don't think I'd miss the currency or skill system if they took it out. The best way to obtain weapon upgrades is to find them from corpses or in lockers. And finding skill points in containers in RE:6 is daft, I don't get it. I wouldn't have a problem with "levelling up" or whatever but in a way that fits the game... for example chances of a critical shot could increase if your accuracy with a certain weapon is up to scratch. Have it happen naturally, the way it would in real life.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
I've just finished the first chapter with Leon and it was way to long. I liked the sub chapters personally, I like having a decent sized level to play on in the RE games ya know but this was ridiculous. An hour later I was almost finished with the first chapter. Subs give you a chance to breath, holy ****aki mushrooms this was crazy. Scary and yes I agree with however said it's too dark. I understand wanting an atmosphere but even in Silent Hill you could see what was going on. Bleh.

yessss, Capcom have said that a Chapter would take hours long, and they were right.....i was worked up after the first actual Chapter of Leon's (in a good way) :p it felt like i was in a movie, of a character i can control (of their actions) *or something like this :)

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
Leon's First Chapter is in fact the longest. Even if you skip the cutscenes. It still takes 50 minutes minimum.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
My only complaint is that the game is too dark, as in I can barely see a thing unless I edit the brightness. Idk if its my tv but then again I never had to adjust brightness on any other game before so Idk, hopefully this is only the case in the demo.

to be quite honest, i've never changed the brightness/darkness thing when it told me to change it....i just when by its defaut choice, and i've never had any problems of not barely seeing anything, on the dark/dark areas of the game

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
I haven't played the Demo as i'm awaiting to get my paws on it... but does anybody know if he's still built like he's on the protein shakes....or has he toned it down... hopefully he's toned it down because re5 was a bit.... well.... much.

compaired to Resident evil 5 Chris to the Chris in 6, the Chris in 6, looks like he has toned down....as he doesn't look like he has been on protein shakes (like he was on 5). since this Chris (in 6) has let go of himself, he has facial hair, his hair isn't slicked like in 5....so i see the small difference between Chris in 5 and on 6 (physic/body mass wise)

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
my complaint as of being is concerning of DLC stuff, particularly Mercenaries maps, i need more.....i've got a good holding of Steel Beast and Mining the Depths....Urban Chaos not so much. my bank is ready for more DLC stuff (Mercenaries map wise) Capcom you got a buyer but why you not offer more DLC Mercenaries maps? i want More Please.....:p

Side-Note: WIth that being said the Mercenaries map "Urban Chaos" is my new challenge, that has yet to be dominated by me :)

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
my complaint as of being is concerning of DLC stuff, particularly Mercenaries maps, i need more.....i've got a good holding of Steel Beast and Mining the Depths....Urban Chaos not so much. my bank is ready for more DLC stuff (Mercenaries map wise) Capcom you got a buyer but why you not offer more DLC Mercenaries maps? i want More Please.....:p

Completely agree, i need more Mercs maps, desperatly.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Did anyone get sick of hearing everyone talking about taking responsibility as well? Just really annoyed me for some reason...

Top Bottom