• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - Cheats

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin

Unlockables

Mercenaries mini-game
Simply complete the game on any difficulty setting.

Note: The Dreamcast version of the game already has this mode unlocked by default.

Assault Rifle with infinite ammo
The Assault Rifle, complete with unlimited ammunition, will be available to collect from any item box after purchasing it via the Mercenaries mini-game's 'shop' for $2,000.

Gatling Gun with infinite ammo
The Gatling Gun, complete with unlimited ammunition, will be available to collect from any item box after purchasing it via the Mercenaries mini-game's 'shop' for $3,000.

Rocket Launcher with infinite ammo
The Rocket Launcher, complete with unlimited ammunition, will be available to collect from any item box after purchasing it via the Mercenaries mini-game's 'shop' for $4,000.

Infinite ammo for all weapons
The coveted 'infinite ammo for all weapons' perk can be purchased via the Mercenaries mini-game's 'shop' for $9,999.

Jill's Diary
In order to attain Jill's Diary, you'll need to find and collect each of the 30 files scattered throughout the game, and in a very specific order. Jill's Diary will replace the 'Game Instructions A' file in your inventory after successfully picking up the final file. Need a hand? Check out our comprehensive Jill's Diary Guide.

Epilogues
Complete the game on Hard difficulty to unlock the first Epilogue, which is Jill's Epilogue. For each subsequent game completion on Hard, you'll acquire another Epilogue. There are 8 Epilogues to unlock in total, with the order being:

1. Jill Valentine's Epilogue
  2. Chris Redfield's Epilogue
  3. Barry Burton's Epilogue
  4. Leon S. Kennedy's Epilogue
  5. Claire Redfield's Epilogue
  6. Sherry Birkin's Epilogue
  7. Ada Wong's Epilogue
  8. HUNK's Epilogue

The Epilogues detail the fates of the main characters of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2, following the events of the 'Raccoon City Destruction Incident' — the enormous explosions that occurred at the end of the two aforementioned games.

Alternate outfits

Biker outfit: Complete the game on Hard and attain a rank of 'A' or better.

'Disco' out: Complete the game on Hard and attain a rank of 'A' or better.

S.T.A.R.S. outfit: Complete the game on Hard and attain a rank of 'A' or better.

Classic S.T.A.R.S. outfit: Thought Jill looked cute in the original Resident Evil? Unlock that very same classic outfit by completing the game on Hard and attaining a rank of 'A' or better.

Regina from Dino Crisis: This one's not just a new outfit, but a new skin: Jill will look exactly like Dino Crisis' lead heroine, Regina, and even adopt her familiar red 'bob' hairstyle. Simply complete the game on Easy and attain a rank better than 'F'.

Nemesis Rewards

It's not easy taking on the big man, toe-to-toe. But, should you manage to topple this mutated behemoth, you'll be rewarded for your trouble. Here's the complete list of goodies earned for each successful Nemesis battering:

1. Eagle Parts A: One half of the items required for upgrading your basic handgun. Earned after defeating the Nemesis for the first time.
  2. Eagle Parts A: The second half of the items required for upgrading your basic handgun. Earned after defeating the Nemesis for the second time.
  3. First Aid Spray Bo:x Earned after defeating the Nemesis for the third time.
  4. M37 Parts A: One half of the items required for upgrading your shotgun. Earned after defeating the Nemesis for the fourth time.
  5. M37 Parts B: The second half of the items required for upgrading your shotgun. Earned after defeating the Nemesis for the fifth time.
  6. First Aid Spray Bo:x Earned after defeating the Nemesis for the sixth time.
  7. Assault Rifle: Earned after defeating the Nemesis for the seventh time.

Ranking

Ranking in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is determined by a number of factors: Time, saves and healing item use. When attempting to raise your grade, it is recommended that you attempt to complete the game as fast as possible — pausing whenever inactive and avoiding battles whenever necessary — and try to keep Ink Ribbon and medical item use to a minimum. Make sure that you only save your game when absolutely necessary, and only use a First Aid Spray if you are not interested in scoring an 'S' rank — the game's best possible rank.

'S' rank
Acquiring the 'S' rank is no easy task, even for Resi veterans. The 'S' rank is the highest possible grade awarded upon completion, and can only be earned when adhering to the following stipulations:

• You cannot use any First Aid Sprays (medical herbs are allowed).
  • You must finish the game in under 2 hours.
  • You can only save 3 times or fewer.

'A' rank
The second best rank. While most while strive for the illustrious 'S' rank, partially for bragging rights, Capcom were lenient enough when designing the game to award most unlockables after attaining an 'A' rank or better.

• You cannot use any First Aid Sprays (medical herbs are allowed).
  • You must finish the game in under 2 hours and a half hours.
  • You can only save 6 times or fewer.

Misc.

Director's Message
After unlocking each of the 8 and final of the character Epilogues, you'll be presented with the 'Director's Message', a short note from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis director Kazuhiro Aoyama. The message reads:

The Raccoon City menace has has come to its ultimate conclusion. Nevertheless, as long as their insidious research continues, the terror of Umbrella Inc. shall live on forever... THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!

Last edited:

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
This is not entirely correct though. You get the infinite ammo for all weapons when you take down Nemesis in the chapel, not the Assault Rifle.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
This is not entirely correct though. You get the infinite ammo for all weapons when you take down Nemesis in the chapel, not the Assault Rifle.

The Assault Rifle is on the first playthrough.

Also, I don't know if these threads count, but you might wanna be careful how old things you reply to are. Not trying to backseat moderate or anything, just some advice, don't want you to get into trouble.

Last edited:

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
hm okay that could be, I never really was able to take down Nemesis every time on my first run and on my subsequent runs it was always the infinite ammo, not the Assault Rifle.

But why would I get into trouble for replying to older things? That doesn´t make any sense. I doubt the mods or admins are THAT extremely sensitive.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
hm okay that could be, I never really was able to take down Nemesis every time on my first run and on my subsequent runs it was always the infinite ammo, not the Assault Rifle.

But why would I get into trouble for replying to older things? That doesn´t make any sense. I doubt the mods or admins are THAT extremely sensitive.

Yeah, infinite ammo is second playthrough and onwards.

I don't exactly know why, but there's probably a good reason for the old topics thing. It's in the Forum Rules in the General Discussion. Sorry if I'm coming off as too much of a goody two-shoes.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
You mean this?

"Double-posting or reviving 'dead' topics is only allowed under very specific conditions."

I don´t exactly know how you define dead topics around here. I mean does that mean that I am not allowed to post in threads that others have not posted in for a longer period of time? But what would be the sense in that? if I want to post about a certain topic I am supposed to post in the proper threads for that right? I mean what else am I supposed to do? Open up another identical thread just to post my opinion to a topic that already has a thread (even if that thread has not been used in a while).

That would be extremely weird. Other forums ENCOURAGE to post into the appropriate threads (even if they are older) instead of making new ones about the same topic. And if users are not supposed to post into a thread anymore, they are usually just closed or locked up by mods/admins.

I have never heard of a forum that does not allow to post in open threads just because nobody has posted in there for a good long while. where else am I supposed to post my opinion to a particular topic if not in the designated thread?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
You mean this?

"Double-posting or reviving 'dead' topics is only allowed under very specific conditions."

I don´t exactly know how you define dead topics around here. I mean does that mean that I am not allowed to post in threads that others have not posted in for a longer period of time? But what would be the sense in that? if I want to post about a certain topic I am supposed to post in the proper threads for that right? I mean what else am I supposed to do? Open up another identical thread just to post my opinion to a topic that already has a thread (even if that thread has not been used in a while).

That would be extremely weird. Other forums ENCOURAGE to post into the appropriate threads (even if they are older) instead of making new ones about the same topic. And if users are not supposed to post into a thread anymore, they are usually just closed or locked up by mods/admins.

I have never heard of a forum that does not allow to post in open threads just because nobody has posted in there for a good long while. where else am I supposed to post my opinion to a particular topic if not in the designated thread?

I generally don't reply to anything that hasn't been commented on in a few months. You can make a new thread or ask a moderator or admin permission to revive a thread if it would make more sense to put it in the old one.

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
I generally don't reply to anything that hasn't been commented on in a few months. You can make a new thread if you feel the need or ask a moderator or admin permission to revive a thread.

as I said that´s just plain weird. why make new threads if the older ones are still open and can be used for the same thing ? and aren´t there certain threads about the games that are always necessary ? Like these guide threads or discussion threads about a certain game? Any time people don´t post in those for months they need to be re-created and opened anew? What purpose does such a rule serve? I have not been on here for two years and if I want to talk about anything that others have not talked about here recently I have to open up new threads about it even though there already threads about it that I could post into? You´ve gotta be kidding me.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
as I said that´s just plain weird. why make new threads if the older ones are still open and can be used for the same thing ? and aren´t there certain threads about the games that are always necessary ? Like these guide threads or discussion threads about a certain game? Any time people don´t post in those for months they need to be re-created and opened anew? What purpose does such a rule serve? I have not been on here for two years and if I want to talk about anything that others have not talked about here recently I have to open up new threads about it even though there already threads about it that I could post into? You´ve gotta be kidding me.

Like I said, I'm not sure about the guide threads. If it's the exact same topic you can ask permission to revive. I'm not the person to ask about why that's a rule though.

Top Bottom