• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Resident Evil 2 REmake Confirmed!

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
We as Resident Evil die hard fans really need to learn Japanese...

Did anyone understand anything other than "We Do it"?

wayne

You have no idea how happy this makes me!!

Theyve basically remade the first 3 games in the series 0, the remake and now resident evil 2!!! Now all they need to do it remake 3!!

Please capcom do the fixed camara angles like 0 and the remake and make sure you BRING alyson court in for claire!!

Omfg though can you imagine walking through raccoon city and exploring the police station with todays graphics!!

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
holy f**king sh*t, it's already trending twitter now

re2.png

Last edited:

black 93

So excited for this! The leap from the ps1 to gamecube was impressive for RE1, but omg the leap from ps1 to ps4 is going to be incredible!!!! Im not gunna be nitpicky and say bring back alyson court or remake 3 as well, all i ask capcom is please make it a physical copy i can put in my shelf! Forget all this digital only crap. But even so, this is gunna be amazing!

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
So excited for this! The leap from the ps1 to gamecube was impressive for RE1, but omg the leap from ps1 to ps4 is going to be incredible!!!! Im not gunna be nitpicky and say bring back alyson court or remake 3 as well, all i ask capcom is please make it a physical copy i can put in my shelf! Forget all this digital only crap. But even so, this is gunna be amazing!
What you say is true but resident evil 2 needs to load a video(background) every time the camera changes, so it needs to be on your hdd to increase performance and decrease loading times.
With that said you can always install it to your hdd through your disc, so it could be on a disc too.

black 93

I sure hope so. There's still a chance that they can ruin this so I'm not getting too excited just yet. Though, it's still quite an amazing announcement. Looks like Capcom is finally getting their act together. Hopefully this bodes well for Resident Evil 7.[/QUOTE
True, it could still go wrong, but right now at this moment i couldnt be happier! As long as they take their time and stay faithful to the original il be happy. Alyson court would be a bonus but im not gunna complain at this point, since this has only just be announced. She could be on board already for all we know

black 93

What you say is true but resident evil 2 needs to load a video(background) every time the camera changes, so it needs to be on your hdd to increase performance and decrease loading times.
With that said you can always install it to your hdd through your disc, so it could be on a disc too.
Yea true, im not saying they shouldnt do digital but id like the choice

ToCool74

Veteran Member
ITS FINALLY HERE!!!
p_n64LGMpSCYdr_v5Ykf.PNG
p_n64LGMpSCYdr_v5Ykf.PNG
p_n64LGMpSCYdr_v5Ykf.PNG

Capcom and R&D
1QJXFIqnD_7bknk_vi11.png

But as excited for this game as I am I wish they would have waited until they had some pre alpha gameplay or images to be shown before announcing this.

Not that I doubt this game is going to be awesome, fans such as myself have been wanting this for SO MANY years and its finally here!!!
grin.png

But I just think they could have held off on the news until they at least had something to show about the game or more details, TGS 2015 is right around the corner and they could have taken this time to brainstorm and put some models together or a short clip/images or something.

But I'm still happy to finally have a confirmation on a game I have been wanting since 2002.:horde:

Last edited:

Darth Spencer

Yes!!! I can't wait to see everything with modern graphics. They should add Crimson Heads and references to Spencer and Birkin's past with Wesker.

makto_san

Starkiller
It's definitely a good news, but I prefer wait to see something concrete and then start to celebrate...maybe is not such a good idea (I hope be wrong)...I don't want play a future Resident Evil 2 with the same mechanism of RE6

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
If this turns out to be good then my faith in Capcom is restored and there is no worry for who is going to take their spot as king s**t of Japan gaming because Konami has that covered.

As excited as I am for this I can't help but feel like Capcom is going to do something wrong, let's face it Resident Evil 2 is arguably the best in the series, so the bar is really high for Capcom.

Something I really want Capcom to do to add to the tension is to tweak some of the iconic moments from the game, like say that moment where the Licker shows up, instead of the Licker just showing up and just redoing the same scene in the same way, they should add the "Dogs don't show show up" moment from the REmake and have Leon/Claire walk past the dripping blood, yet the Licker doesn't show up, therefor the longtime RE2 fans just knows something is wrong because he's supposed to be there, which means he could show up anywhere at any moment, creating a lot of tension.

Also bring back Alyson Court, I don't know who that was in Revelations 2 but it was not Claire.

wayne

Iknow its probably not going to happen because its too early but do you think we could hear more about it at TGS? I seriously doubt a trailer but maybe some new info or maybe some screen shots?

Top Bottom