• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Resident evil 2 first person mode

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

I just find this video om YouTube of a mod that let you play re 2 remake in first person, and it's awesome, i didn't think that re 2 could have worked in first person but it look amazing in this video, it gives the game more tension imo

What do you guys think? There are also other video of this mod if you want to take a better look at it

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

The King of Kings
The first person works well for re 2 remake in this video in my opinion... There s definitely more tension and fear

It actually looks easier to be honest. You get a better view of everything and your precision is much better. Part of the reason I found RE7 so easy. I still say kill it with fire.

D

Deleted member 21244

It actually looks easier to be honest. You get a better view of everything and your precision is much better. Part of the reason I found RE7 so easy. I still say kill it with fire.
Well i personally think you didn't actually get a better view because in first person you can't easy turn the camera to watch behind you like you can do in thir person

Third person give you a better view of the situation since you can definitely see more part of the screen and in re 2 you can run and turn the camera 360 degree in any situation while in first person you can't, if you run from mr x in first person you can't know where he is unless you completely turn around to take a look, but in third person you can move your camera 360 degree while running making the game Easyer to play and give you tactical advantage on the situations, since you can see where you are going and what is following you simultaneously

Yeah the aim probably is better in first person but not that much since it's the same retical you dont get an extra zooming, it s like when you play battlefront 2 in first and third person, the retical and precision is the same, you get the same visual angle... Third person game are much easier to play in my opinion you have a 360 degree view of the situation while in first person you only see what in front of you, i can clearly see that in battlefron 2, the game gets more hard in first person because you don't have 360 degree view on the battle situation and enemy can happear behind you whitout you noticing it but in third persone I can see them from afar by just turning the camera and moving... This also happened in apex during the third person mode event, apex is a battle Royale in first person, during game if someone appear behind you will totally get shot because you can't tourn immediately around as you would have done in third persone and you don't have the total situation under control, but when third person event came out the game was definitely more easy since i can run and turn my camera around in less than a second

So in my opinion first person game are harder than third, in first person you never know what can be around you, while third person is Easyer since you can see everything that surround you, and it also strips the tension away because you can clearly see everything
I think the third person from re 4 and 5 was a great third person perspective for an horror game because you can't move the camera to look what was around yoo like you did in re 2, and this totally give the game more tension, i think they should have stuck whit this camera in the remake

This re 2 mod look great but i m glad they made the game in third person because it's a remake of re 2 and third person suits better here, to take a look at our beloved character too during gameplay

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well i personally think you didn't actually get a better view because in first person you can't easy turn the camera to watch behind you like you can do in thir person

Third person give you a better view of the situation since you can definitely see more part of the screen and in re 2 you can run and turn the camera 360 degree in any situation while in first person you can't, if you run from mr x in first person you can't know where he is unless you completely turn around to take a look, but in third person you can move your camera 360 degree while running making the game Easyer to play and give you tactical advantage on the situations, since you can see where you are going and what is following you simultaneously

Yeah the aim probably is better in first person but not that much since it's the same retical you dont get an extra zooming, it s like when you play battlefront 2 in first and third person, the retical and precision is the same, you get the same visual angle... Third person game are much easier to play in my opinion you have a 360 degree view of the situation while in first person you only see what in front of you, i can clearly see that in battlefron 2, the game gets more hard in first person because you don't have 360 degree view on the battle situation and enemy can happear behind you whitout you noticing it but in third persone I can see them from afar by just turning the camera and moving... This also happened in apex during the third person mode event, apex is a battle Royale in first person, during game if someone appear behind you will totally get shot because you can't tourn immediately around as you would have done in third persone and you don't have the total situation under control, but when third person event came out the game was definitely more easy since i can run and turn my camera around in less than a second

So in my opinion first person game are harder than third, in first person you never know what can be around you, while third person is Easyer since you can see everything that surround you

This re 2 mod look great but i m glad they made the game in third person because it's a remake of re 2 and third person suits better here, to take a look at our beloved character too during gameplay

In third-person, your targets are smaller and your character is blocking the screen. It's so much easier to shoot your targets in first-person and the field of view is no issue in first-person judging from the video. The game is already claustrophobic, all the camera is doing is fixating on the action in front of you, which makes it feel more like an FPS. I see no real disadvantage to a first-person camera in this scenario. This isn't a competitive multiplayer game.

I honestly don't care which one is easier or harder, I can play them just the same but it definitely doesn't make the experience scarier or more tense and no one is ever gonna change my mind on that. That's just how I feel. It's a good mod, but it just looks more dull and generic compared to the original game.

D

Deleted member 21244

In third-person, your targets are smaller and your character is blocking the screen. It's so much easier to shoot your targets in first-person and the field of view is no issue in first-person judging from the video. The game is already claustrophobic, all the camera is doing is fixating on the action in front of you, which makes it feel more like an FPS. I see no real disadvantage to a first-person camera in this scenario. This isn't a competitive multiplayer game.

I honestly don't care which one is easier or harder, I can play them just the same but it definitely doesn't make the experience scarier or more tense and no one is ever gonna change my mind on that. That's just how I feel. It's a good mod, but it just looks more dull and generic compared to the original game.
Well actually it's easyer to aim and shoot in third person view than first person, take a look a this video, third person definitely make evey game easyer

I wasn't gonna change your feeling of course, I'm no one to do that

I was just Sharing my feeling too on the mod and camera perspective, i just feel that first person view is more scarier and add more tension compared to third person, just my opinion

Well of course re 2 remake is better in third person but i like the mod, i would have liked to try it

Turo602

The King of Kings
Well actually it's easyer to aim and shoot in third person view than first person, take a look a this video, third person definitely make evey game easyer

This isn't Star Wars: Battlefront nor is it a competitive game. I don't see the correlation. The A.I. hasn't changed, so the camera perspective is irrelevant. There is no real disadvantage from playing in first-person, unless the player is really that incompetent at playing first-person games. Regardless, this discussion is pointless unless we've played the mod for ourselves, because it could be a sh*tty mod for all we know. I simply said the game looks easier and all I can really go on is the video and my experience with both RE2 and RE7.

D

Deleted member 21244

This isn't Star Wars: Battlefront nor is it a competitive game. I don't see the correlation. The A.I. hasn't changed, so the camera perspective is irrelevant. There is no real disadvantage from playing in first-person, unless the player is really that incompetent at playing first-person games. Regardless, this discussion is pointless unless we've played the mod for ourselves, because it could be a sh*tty mod for all we know. I simply said the game looks easier and all I can really go on is the video and my experience with both RE2 and RE7.
You didn't watched the video than, because the video clearly explain the disadvantage from first person and how third person make everything easyer
Yeah third person give you more advantage, it's not a question of AI, watch the full video if you didn't, there are technical disadvantage from first persons view, it's not a question of people incompetence, the third person clearly give more advantage

I take battlefront for example because we were talking about how first person game are Easyer compared to third, but it isn't and battlefront 2 is the proof because it's one of thr few game that is both in first and third person , who care if it's a competitive game or an horror game, first person and third person are equal in every game and first person is alway more disadvantaged and claustrophobic

It also give more tension and fear in my opinion , take a look at alien isolation in third person, it lack the tension and fear of the first person perspective

Turo602

The King of Kings
You didn't watched the video than, because the video clearly explain the disadvantage from first person and how third person make everything easyer
Yeah third person give you more advantage, it's not a question of AI, watch the full video if you didn't, there are technical disadvantage from first persons view, it's not a question of people incompetence, the third person clearly give more advantage

I take battlefront for example because we were talking about how first person game are Easyer compared to third, but it isn't and battlefront 2 is the proof, who care if it's a competitive game or an horror game, first person and third person are equal in every game and first person is alway more disadvantaged and claustrophobic

It also give more tension and fear, take a look at alien isolation in third person, it lack the tension and fear of the first person perspective

Again, your video is irrelevant. You're comparing camera perspectives in a competitive game where players will have the advantage over you. Zombies aren't going to behave differently or have any special advantages. This isn't a competitive game. All you're doing is shooting enemies in tight corridors. It's not that complicated and the video proves that.

I also don't get why you're trying to deviate back into which perspective offers more tension. I feel absolutely no tension from watching others play but I can tell you Dead Space and The Evil Within had me more tense than Resident Evil 7. I'm not gonna argue with you about this.

D

Deleted member 21244

Again, your video is irrelevant. You're comparing camera perspectives in a competitive game where players will have the advantage over you. Zombies aren't going to behave differently or have any special advantages. This isn't a competitive game. All you're doing is shooting enemies in tight corridors. It's not that complicated and the video proves that.

I also don't get why you're trying to deviate back into which perspective offers more tension. I feel absolutely no tension from watching others play but I can tell you Dead Space and The Evil Within had me more tense than Resident Evil 7. I'm not gonna argue with you about this.
of course zombie and enemy will not act differently but the player can, that s why third person give advantage ... in first person you can make less strategy compared to third person were you have the full situation under control by looking at 360 degree, you can also look behind corner before advancing, while in first person you can't you have ge to move your whole body in order to look behind corner... Third person make everything Easyer even if the zombie act the same, it's definitely Easyer to fight 3 zombie that surround you in third person than in first person, since in third person you can clearly see everything around you in a flash and you can even see the distance between you and a zombie and this make it Easyer to dodge the enemy
Imagine having re 5 mercenaries mode in first person or third, it will definitely be much easyer in third person

Battlefron 2 it's not only competitive game is also a single player game whit a campaign and you can clearly see the advantages of the third person during the campaign

i find first person to have more tension than third it's just how i feel... Since i post a video of re 2 remake in first person i just expressed my feeling on the first person mod, on the video i just watched, and i personally think that it give more tension compared to the third person, that's all, i don't see why i shouldn't have posted this opinion, since that's why i created this thread in the first place to comment on the first person mod of re 2 remake and that's what i did... i think that dead space, the evil whitin, re 7 and alien get me really tense in equal measure... Maybe alien isolation a bit more than the other... Also why don't you want to argue whit me about that? I think this was the purpose of having a forum, talking whit each other

There is an hour video of the mod here if someone want to see more

Turo602

The King of Kings
of course zombie and enemy will not act differently but the player can, that s why third person give advantage ... in first person you can make less strategy compared to third person were you have the full situation under control by looking at 360 degree, you can also look behind corner before advancing, while in first person you can't you have ge to move your whole body in order to look behind corner... Third person make everything Easyer even if the zombie act the same

Battlefron 2 it's not only competitive game is also a single player game whit a campaign and you can clearly see the advantages of the third person during the campaign

i find first person to have more tension than third it's just how i feel... Since i post a video of re 2 remake in first person i just expressed my feeling on the first person mod, on the video i just watched, and i personally think that it give more tension compared to the third person, that's all, i don't see why you shouldn't have posted this opinion... i think that dead space, the evil whitin, re 7 and alien get me really tense in equal measure... Maybe alien isolation a bit more than the other... Also why don't you want to argue whit me about that?

The video you posted was in regards to online competition. Campaigns are already designed in a very specific manner for you to be able to get through them. We're talking about Resident Evil here. It's a slow paced claustrophobic survival horror game. Changing the perspective isn't going to completely alter one's abilities to progress just because you're playing slightly differently. You're really stretching the meaning of difficulty.

I already said you're not gonna change my mind on first-person games being more tense. A game isn't more tense because of a camera perspective. The perspective is simply the way in which you experience the game and tension is created by a number of different factors unrelated to camera perspective. My problem with first-person horror games is that when they try to include gunplay like RE7, it runs the risk of breaking immersion by making you feel like you're playing through a corridor shooter, or they try to remove the shooting aspect to avoid that problem, but end up with walking simulators where scary things pop up every now and then.

If you find first-person games more tense and scary, then I respect that, just as you should respect that I don't. There's nothing to argue or discuss here. You don't need to show me videos where you think first-person was better than third-person because you're not going to change my mind on this matter, nor am I gonna try to change yours.

D

Deleted member 21244

The video you posted was in regards to online competition. Campaigns are already designed in a very specific manner for you to be able to get through them. We're talking about Resident Evil here. It's a slow paced claustrophobic survival horror game. Changing the perspective isn't going to completely alter one's abilities to progress just because you're playing slightly differently. You're really stretching the meaning of difficulty.

I already said you're not gonna change my mind on first-person games being more tense. A game isn't more tense because of a camera perspective. The perspective is simply the way in which you experience the game and tension is created by a number of different factors unrelated to camera perspective. My problem with first-person horror games is that when they try to include gunplay like RE7, it runs the risk of breaking immersion by making you feel like you're playing through a corridor shooter, or they try to remove the shooting aspect to avoid that problem, but end up with walking simulators where scary things pop up every now and then.

If you find first-person games more tense and scary, then I respect that, just as you should respect that I don't. There's nothing to argue or discuss here. You don't need to show me videos where you think first-person was better than third-person because you're not going to change my mind on this matter, nor am I gonna try to change yours.
I wasn't posting video because i think that first person is better than third, but because i was responding to your first post in which you say that first person make things easyer compared to third person, while i disagree whit that and the videos i posted explain why third person have more advantages and make the game "Easyer" compared to first person, that s why i posted that

Also i wasn't trying to change your mind about first person, third person, and which perspective give more tense ecc... course me if i did... I was just expressing myself on the resident evil 2 mod, and how in my opinion that video feel more tense compared to the final game because of first person

I personally think that first persone view give more tense and fear, that my personal opinion and tastes, I'm just wraiting this because that's what i feel, I'm not forcing this into anyones mind, it's just that i feel more tense playing game into first person, like fear, outlast and alien isolation, maybe because i really feel like I'm there while third person didn't give me the feel to be there... Not forcing this opinion into anyone head, just expressing myself

Also it really depends on the game maybe, because i really feel tense playing re 4, the evil whitin and dead space despite beign third person, but didn't feel that much while playing re 2 remake (maybe because i already know what was going to happen during thr whole game since i played thr original? I don't know) i think it's just personale taste

Turo602

The King of Kings
Games don't become scarier just because they are harder.

Difficulty definitely plays a part in any good survival horror game, otherwise if the experience is too easygoing and casual, then what are you really afraid of if what you're being tasked to overcome isn't pushing you into survival mode? But simply being a hard game doesn't exactly increase horror either. It's just more annoying or tedious.

D

Deleted member 21244

Games don't become scarier just because they are harder.
Well it definitely play a role

if i could have simply been able to kill every enemy in re 1 it wouldnt have been the same, because i wouldn't have feel any tension facing the enemy knowing that they put no treath

If i can kill an hunter whit just one handgun shot why should i be scared of him?

Difficulty played a role especially in the first re game, the tension of knowing that even a zombie could have killed you if you didn't played your card well

The game dosent need to be hard at the point of being frustrating but neither has to be easy, i think it must be normal but whit a tendency to the hard level

Also i think this thread was made to talk about the first perosn mod in re 2 not about easy or hard difficult XD

Mr.R

My two cents is that tension is very different from scary. Resident Evil was never scary. At least for me. I always looked at it with the perspective of a goofy B-movie. But Resident Evil can be tense. RE3 can be tense the first time you play, not knowing what trigger Nemesis to appear. The first time you play though the village battle in RE4 is a tense moment. RE2 remake can be a tense game the first time you play. But scary? I don't think so.

Also, sometimes difficulty can play a part on it, sometimes not. Most of the Silent Hill games are very easy games, even on their hardest difficulties, if you search well for ammo. But they are tense games, thanks to the eerie quietness of the city and the oppressive imagery and sounds of the "other world". In Alien Isolation's case, the difficulty adds to the tension (I think Alien Isolation was the most tense game I've ever played, alongside the Dead Space series), since the Alien is almost unstoppable and hunting you most of the time.

But most of all, tense and scary are very subjective things so...each to its own.

Turo602

The King of Kings
My two cents is that tension is very different from scary. Resident Evil was never scary. At least for me. I always looked at it with the perspective of a goofy B-movie. But Resident Evil can be tense. RE3 can be tense the first time you play, not knowing what trigger Nemesis to appear. The first time you play though the village battle in RE4 is a tense moment. RE2 remake can be a tense game the first time you play. But scary? I don't think so.

Also, sometimes difficulty can play a part on it, sometimes not. Most of the Silent Hill games are very easy games, even on their hardest difficulties, if you search well for ammo. But they are tense games, thanks to the eerie quietness of the city and the oppressive imagery and sounds of the "other world". In Alien Isolation's case, the difficulty adds to the tension (I think Alien Isolation was the most tense game I've ever played, alongside the Dead Space series), since the Alien is almost unstoppable and hunting you most of the time.

But most of all, tense and scary are very subjective things so...each to its own.

Well, we're talking about survival horror games, so it's easier to describe the experience as "scary" because that's the point of the genre, but no game is truly "scary." At least they shouldn't be, considering real life horror is well, actually scary. But there is definitely a formula to the horror that all survival horror games try to stick to in order to create fear in the player, which usually includes tension and some kind of difficulty curve. But I definitely agree, how someone reacts to these things is very subjective, but the implementation of these techniques and their overall impact can definitely be critiqued as well. Just look at the massive divide Resident Evil 4 created after Shinji Mikami went with a fun over difficulty approach.

D

Deleted member 21244

Well i actually admit that fewer time i was scared by game,but it was only the tension of the moment that make me scared... I usually try to play this game at night, alone, to make the feeling of tension higher

Actually the only resdident evil that really scared me was resident evil 1 because when i played it i was 5 years old, and i remember having nightmare about it
FEAR was also pretty scary and it was probably one of the few scary game i ever played along whit alien isolation

The pt demo was also scary the firsf time i played it

But the other re game were never scary, they were just tense, silent hill was also tense, outlast, the evil whitin and resident evil 7 where tense too whit some moment of jump scare... Resident evil 6 was also pretty scary, just the thought having to replay that whole boring game again scare me to death, just kidding XD

Also i see that nobody actually write their thoughts on the first person mod video, that s why the thread is here in the first place

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Difficulty definitely plays a part in any good survival horror game, otherwise if the experience is too easygoing and casual, then what are you really afraid of if what you're being tasked to overcome isn't pushing you into survival mode? But simply being a hard game doesn't exactly increase horror either. It's just more annoying or tedious.
if i could have simply been able to kill every enemy in re 1 it wouldnt have been the same, because i wouldn't have feel any tension facing the enemy knowing that they put no treath

If i can kill an hunter whit just one handgun shot why should i be scared of him?
Well that's not exactly what I meant, perhaps you misunderstood or I didn't explain myself clear enough. I meant that if you take a game that's already hard and just make it harder, it doesn't become scarier. Like Turo said it's just more annoying.

Any game that's too easy is bound to be boring anyway, regardless of the genre.

Top Bottom