• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2,3 gamecube versions better?

hunterseeker

I got both Resident Evil 2 and 3 PS1 versions.

But read the gamecube versions have slightly better graphics, no 180 degrees turn?
And Resident Evil 2 offers arrange mode with a machine gun filled with unlimited ammo.
Rookie mode with rocket launcher, sub machine gun and gattling gun and unlimited ammunition. Sounds fun but most likely will be extremely easy.

Does Resident Evil 3 on the gamecube offer anything over the PS1 version other than slightly better graphics?

Any extra modes or weapons?

Is the 180 degrees turn in the PS1 version included in the gamecube version?

nemesis_lover

A quick answer to R.E 2 on the G.C, YES IT'S VERY EASY, nice to have around when you want to just complete the game in an hour and a half without stopping. So yeah it's worth a buy for the extras, just to have fun with.

On R.E 3, to be honest the G.C version of Resident Evil 3 is just a port of the PS1 version. It's all the same, just that the graphics have been touched up a little. You still have to beat the game once to unlock Mercs mode and also to unlock the extra customes.
So if you own the PS1 version then I say there's no need to go out of your way of buying it on the G.C, I guess loading times may be faster but at the end of the day I prefer the PS1 controls when playing R.E3.
With the gameplay, they haven't taken anything out, which was on the PS1 version. Unlike the Dreamcast version where you get Mercs Mode from the start, along with custome choice. I did like how the D.C had extra Customes to choose from but that's going off topic.
If you're going to buy R.E 3 on the G.C then try getting it for under £10 and don't pay the silly high prices that are sometimes seen on ebay, unless you really want to hear the voice at the title screen say "RESIDENT EVIL 3", instead of "RESIDENT EVILLLL".

ConvictedMP5

the gamecube versions for RE 2 and 3 had much better graphics a lot more smoother character and background modeles unlike the pixelated disaster that the PS1 versions had

Top Bottom