• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Resident Evil 1 help ):

Claire Redfield

There's a part whereby you have to take a serum for Richard who is poisoned by The Yawn, after that you have to pass that serum to him but he still died after that. But after fighting that snake my Jill got poisoned and the worst thing is that she supposed to faint right after stepping out of the room, yet mine doesn't and the poison still continue.. Thats not the worst yet, NONE of the blue herb are able to cure that poison!! Thats not the end yet, before you all ask me to replay a new file :( I cant bear because that data is the only data with unlimited ammos for Colt Python, which I unlocked previously.. Now Im stucked.. Any ideas how or why to cure that poison ? Thanks.

A-Virus300

Hey Claire :) big fan :p

anyways..I'm gonna install the game 2nite..and play it...ATM i don't know what r u talking about..but I'm sure others do..and they'll help
when I reach ur point i'll give my opinion

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
you have to go to the same room where you got richards serum from, and you should be able to take more of the shelf, or a cut scene will happen and you will get cured by another member of the team, im pretty sure you can cure yourself with the serum.

i have only had that scenario once where you have to cure yourself, and are you playing on GC or PSX?

Claire Redfield

Hey thanks for the solution, haven't try it yet but hope it does work. I'm playing PSX version, maybe its because I didnt went to that room where I have to take that broken shotgun and the ceiling came down, and Barry didnt have the chances to save me, therefore Barry didnt save me from poison. I skipped that room because I was aiming for that rocket launcher which need to be unlocked under 3 hours :D

aintnoscrub

Premium
i don't think the shotgun is an issue, are you playing on hard mode? as thats the only thing i can think of to make barry/chris not appear.
just head over to the same room you got the serum for richard in, and you should be fine, if you rush there you will not die =)
p.s if you want any tips on how to make it in under 3 hours feel free to ask, ive done it in 1.21 on normal. as you can see by the link, that was on ps1 and no saves.

http://forum.residentevilnews.com/index.php?topic=630.0

aintnoscrub

Premium
i did it on a wiped memory card, so no special items, or unlimited ammo, if you wanna do a speedrun like that, the only real thing you need to know is, keep running all the time, don't stop and fight zombies, you can pretty much run around every zombie, and apparently running without a weapon in your hand speeds you up a little bit..i did that but im not quite sure whether it helps.
another thing is, aim for the worst ending, that way you skip the final battle with the tyrant and just get helicoptered away.
if you go for the worst ending the game itself is not long at all.
ofc i have completed the best endings aswell.

also i know the game back to front, so i don't ever stop to think, "where do i go next"..or things like that.
don't bother with the pistol ever, the only weapon you need is grenade launcher, and thats only for the bits when you actually have no other choice but to stop and fight.
the underground battle with the spider can be avoided when you have to use the knife to cut away at the web, just get him into a corner, then run to the door, hack away, and if your quick enough you will get through first try.
i cant think of anything else atm, but i will get back to you with more bits that can be avoided..
where abouts are you atm anyways?

oh don't try and get any of the MO disks in the lab, that whole section takaes away alot of time, you wont be able to get chris out, but you save alot of time, and you still get the rocket launcher.

Claire Redfield

I'm at the nearest save point right after defeating the poisonous snake, and after realizing blue herb won't be able to cure the poison I stopped for a while. Although I completed RE1 a couple of times and have the guidebook, still not very sure where to go next, unlike RE3, short storyline and easy gameplay. But completing in 81mins is really way too fast for RE1.

aintnoscrub

Premium
i know its crazy fast, but as you can see by the thread, i was intentionally going for a speed run.
i have played it through many times and enjoyed the story line.
=)

aintnoscrub

Premium
Haha cheers dude, but i bet you could get better, if you used that 1.30 route, but took off a few things you did last time, that werent needed.
like, if there was points you got stuck or lost, that wouldnt happen this time etc

Top Bottom