• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Remake of "Remake"...

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Capcom......keep it up!!! :)
5cd23b4a1ba9a8ef31b9e53a2b93eafa.png

http://www.capcom-unity.com/residen...39/resident-evil-2-hd-remake-is-happening-too

Last edited:

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
If that's true, I'll buy it, too! And I don't even really care for Leon! Claire, on the other hand...

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Claire? Yeah she's hot and all, but I want more of the B***h in the Red Dress!

MissDomino

Premium
Great news! And it's about time for this game to be more widely available.

Personally I really don't mind it being digital only. Most older games only get digital releases these days anyway. Besides if it would turn out like the Japanese version of the Chronicles games on the PS3, that's a big no thank you from me.
It just installs the digital version of the games on the console, but you still needed the disc inside to play it. Waste of HDD space and takes forever to start up.

ToriJ

Resident Critic
So far from what I seen the upgraded visuals look nice. I still have my GameCube copy of the game, so I probably won't get the HD port, but I'm happy if it means more people will get a chance to play the game. As much as I love my GameCube I know it didn't particularly sell well, although this game was one of the reasons to buy a GameCube in my mind.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
And, I think, there is one more reason why Capcom decided to release HD port, except money of course... I think they want to check how many people will buy this game, and after, who knows, maybe decided to make remake of RE2 or RE3, if Remake will be successful :)

black 93

really glad their puttin their effort into survival horror again. One thing i dont understand though is they have said before that they didnt want to do survival horror anymore cuz to them it didnt sell well. So why did they port code veronica to xbox and ps3 a few years ago? And that was before RE6 when they were convinced action was the way forward

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
really glad their puttin their effort into survival horror again. One thing i dont understand though is they have said before that they didnt want to do survival horror anymore cuz to them it didnt sell well. So why did they port code veronica to xbox and ps3 a few years ago? And that was before RE6 when they were convinced action was the way forward
because mikami and his crew prefer making those type of games. he's said before that he enjoyed making REmake and RE0 the most, but those games don't sell as well as the easier to play, more action oriented & less scary titles.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Saw the reveal earlier and I can't see why Capcom's wasting their time releasing an already Remade game again..

weskerondope

no physical release for europeans,
well capcom you obviously dont want my money and dont worry, you wont get them either
ill buy second hand japan copy after some time on ebay if the game itself is region free

such hypocrites they are, most resident evil fans are european and americans anyway
ill stop writing before i get cynical and do a big rant about them as ussual

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I really don't get what's with that anti-digital download attitude everywhere. Don't get me wrong, everyone may have their opinion, I only don't understand it. CDs get broken over time, I just realised that a few weeks ago when I tried to install my old Alias game again and it wouldn't work because the CD was corrupted for no apparent reason. If I had the same game on my Steam account, I could have just downloaded and played it without any problem. Also, CDs/DVDs and their boxes take up physical space and you can also lose them, which is both not the case with digital downloads. Personally, I find digital downloads much more comfortable in many ways.

Top Bottom