• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Released footage from cancelled Arklay TV Series

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was kind of impressed, actually. Aside from the stupid old cliche of the pill pumping scruffy cop with the loose tie and possible alcoholism, it had good tempo, atmosphere, and even the characters were interesting. In it's own right a pretty damn good horror short.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
It was entertaining- I liked the sound from the radio that they took from the original RE games. Wish there was more RE references and that they would use actual characters from the games rather than a bunch of randos. That being said, I can also see why it was cancelled- there wasn't anything truly gripping about this short. When you have competition, like The Walking Dead (which also isn't that great in terms of writing- but still), you need to set it apart and make it hold its own.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
It was entertaining- I liked the sound from the radio that they took from the original RE games. Wish there was more RE references and that they would use actual characters from the games rather than a bunch of randos. That being said, I can also see why it was cancelled- there wasn't anything truly gripping about this short. When you have competition, like The Walking Dead (which also isn't that great in terms of writing- but still), you need to set it apart and make it hold its own.

Yeah, without any of the game's cast, it was never going to hold its own.

That said, I'd love to see a live-action RE series featuring all the mainstay characters from the REverse: Wesker, Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada, Claire, etc. It'd be cool to have a Walking Dead-type show that tells its own stories within the franchise while referencing events from the games. Hell, there actually was an RE Netflix series rumored a while back, but they've since denied that rumor.

Top Bottom