• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Regenerating Health

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
Unlike previous main Resident Evil games, Resident Evil 6 now has regenerating health.

A new addition to the upcoming game is the health boxes that are now displayed instead of just a single bar.

Each time you take damage a portion of a health box is lost, the portion lost then slowly regenerates completely.

Yet when you receive enough damage that more than one health box is depleted, then in this occassion you will need the herbs (which are now in form of pills) to regain the health lost.

I think this is a good thing, what do you guys think?

DeweySshi

I think it is a wonderful thing. It makes me feel like the character is healing from its wounds...there is something so satisfying about this.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
For anyone confused about how herbs/pills work here's how. You have a item inventory and in there you will have your pill box. You have nine slots in your item inventory. When you pick up a green or red herb it will go into your item inventory. Where you then can discard it or add it to your pill box. One green herb equals one pill and a green herb mixed with a red herb equals six pills. Chris and Piers have six blocks of health. One pill can heal one block and a mixed pill can recover six blocks. As for the health regeneration, I don't think it'll make or break anything. On harder difficulties you'll probably die before the bar even regens if you don't know what you're doing.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I think it's a great move! In Resident Evil 5, it was such a hassle to have to fiddle about with the pop-up inventory menu and select a healing item. It felt unwieldy and cumbersome, and almost always resulted in me or my ally taking an undeserved hit from an enemy.

A regenerating health system would at least alleviate those headaches, where healing is concerned. Top stuff, Capcom!

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I think it's a great move! In Resident Evil 5, it was such a hassle to have to fiddle about with the pop-up inventory menu and select a healing item. It felt unwieldy and cumbersome, and almost always resulted in me or my ally taking an undeserved hit from an enemy.

A regenerating health system would at least alleviate those headaches, where healing is concerned. Top stuff, Capcom!
That's True but it DID bring in the Whole
Survival of the fittest

bruno

Chief Researcher

Don't forget you still have to use healing items. Only a bar which isn't complete regenerates, the empty bars have to be filled by using healing items. However, there will be a button to use the pills (like the herbs in Darkside Chronicles).
The inventory will also be in real-time, but you can alternatively manage your grenades/health items and weapons by using the D-pad.

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
Well... At least it's not like that unrealistic "health bar" we see in Gears or Uncharted... I'll just duck here out of the line of fire and my wounds will heal, even if a grenade just exploded at my feet :p

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I would think only Jake would have the Regen ability since he's got Wesker's Regenerating blood type lol

Oh Well I guess Rick Grimes was right.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I would think only Jake would have the Regen ability since he's got Wesker's Regenerating blood type lol

Oh Well I guess Rick Grimes was right.

It's a gameplay mechanic, not a real regeneration.
The characters weren't bitten by any zombies in the previous games, however, that happens in the gameplay. They also don't heal instantaneously by using an herb or a spray.
It's just a way they found to keep the game interesting.

And everyone has regenerative capacities. Besides that, Wesker doesn't have a regenerative blood type.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
It's a gameplay mechanic, not a real regeneration.
The characters weren't bitten by any zombies in the previous games, however, that happens in the gameplay. They also don't heal instantaneously by using an herb or a spray.
It's just a way they found to keep the game interesting.

And everyone has regenerative capacities. Besides that, Wesker doesn't have a regenerative blood type.

Wesker has the ability to regenerate due to that prototype virus he injected himself with in 1996. Seeing as Jake shares DNA with his father and he was also injected with a virus like his father who is also immune to viruses, Jake probably has a regenerative blood type. Why would the world need his blood if he didn't?

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wesker has the ability to regenerate due to that prototype virus he injected himself with in 1996. Seeing as Jake shares DNA with his father and he was also injected with a virus like his father who is also immune to viruses, Jake probably has a regenerative blood type. Why would the world need his blood if he didn't?

He doesn't have a regenerative blood type, he's got regenerative abylities because of the virus.
He may have antibodies which help him control the virus, but that has nothing to do with regeneration.
The closes to "regenerative blood" he may have is a bunch of healing factors in his bloodstream, but once again, that has nothing to do with blood type.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
He doesn't have a regenerative blood type, he's got regenerative abylities because of the virus.
He may have antibodies which help him control the virus, but that has nothing to do with regeneration.
The closes to "regenerative blood" he may have is a bunch of healing factors in his bloodstream, but once again, that has nothing to do with blood type.

Thanks for the explanation.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
- Its a blod type....regeneration wise your talking t-cells, white blood cells, stem cells, etc... Like star fish and lizards carry this ability in their blood :) trust me its the blood. - I am a professional in this field, cause I know some one will be a smartallic and ask me how I know. - The virus would mutate the blood cells which of course would also change your DNA.white blood cells are what heal your body like how someone withs AIDES has a low count and will get very sick or not be able to heal small wounds -This is a game , Im sure its not all that detailed though about it. Also remember Alberts dna has already been altered to beign with so hes already a mutant of sorts to begin with and whatever DNA Jake had received from his mother and conditions this new C-virus has brought to his blood Is a huge factor also, He may be even more powerful than his father ?..We will see !

bruno

Chief Researcher
- Its a blod type....regeneration wise your talking t-cells, white blood cells, stem cells, etc... Like star fish and lizards carry this ability in their blood :) trust me its the blood. - I am a professional in this field, cause I know some one will be a smartallic and ask me how I know. - The virus would mutate the blood cells which of course would also change your DNA.white blood cells are what heal your body like how someone withs AIDES has a low count and will get very sick or not be able to heal small wounds -This is a game , Im sure its not all that detailed though about it. Also remember Alberts dna has already been altered to beign with so hes already a mutant of sorts to begin with and whatever DNA Jake had received from his mother and conditions this new C-virus has brought to his blood Is a huge factor also, He may be even more powerful than his father ?..We will see !

I know what you mean, the white cells, among others, produce growth factors and other substances to promote tissue regeneration, but I wouldn't say he has a "special blood type".
Mainly, I want to stress that his abilities lie in his DNA, not his blood.
In the case of regeneration, blood cells have a huge role, but other abilities like strength, speed, etc are more linked to other tissues (muscle, nervous, etc.).

Samael

1998** didn't inject it till before revealing T-002 ;p.

Wesker did not inject the T-virus, and was not experimented or had his DNA altered in any way until the mansion incident from were he received the Prototype Virus from Birkin at the behest of Spencer for "Project Wesker". Unfortunately we don't know what to call Weskers super human physiology and quite honestly doesn't matter :) just need to know that he regenerates abnormally along with the other shenanigans thanks to the strain of Progenitor he received. link: http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Albert-Wesker (could go with the wikia but i think this website is better maintained and has some of the Japanese files translated into English to help get around Capcoms poor localization.)

Top Bottom