• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village RE8 status menu breakdown

cackledaemon

Capcom is clearly homaging RE4 a lot in this game. The status screen is framed in a attache case and has what appears to be a currency in top right corner. Even the grid based inventory with different items taking up different amounts of space is returning. The health bar looks like a its is more akin to RE4 than a typical RE game. It looks to me like you have traditional health meter that you would see in a game like Darksouls or Grand Theft Auto like RE4 instead of the health status which is in traditional Resident Evil games. The bullet inside the pistol frame suggests that there will be alternate ammunition like in "Not a Hero" and the 2 hexes suggests weapon mods like a Revelations game. With all that it appears that RE8 is definitely going to be more like RE4 than games since RE7. I hope that RE8 stays on the same track as RE7 and is primarily a Survival Horror game and not a Action game with horror themes like RE4. It does seem like Resident Evil is backpeddling with RE3 being all action and no puzzles and bring back Chris "Roidfield". When I see the huge open village and castle I just want to explore it and solve puzzles and be hunted by whatever monsters the game throws at me. Not go in guns blazing and kick everythings ass without breaking a sweat like RE4.

Top Bottom