• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village re8 better graphics on ps5?

Jamesy

Will resident evil 8 have better graphics on ps5 compared to the ps4 version of resident evill village?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I would say Probably. The only reason I'm not straight up saying yes is because I've heard a lot about how PS5 game graphics aren't so amazingly better than PS4, except for maybe if you have a giant TV. Maybe if Village was coming out later I would be more confident in it having way better graphics but the fact that its coming out so soon into the new current gen systems, I'm just not convinced it will be a big difference.

D

Deleted member 21244

Will resident evil 8 have better graphics on ps5 compared to the ps4 version of resident evill village?
Definitely, i m playing on ps5 right now and I played demons souls Wich is a ps5 game and whit the ps plus collection i played bloodborne a ps4 game, I'm comparing this two game because both game are similar in gameplay and where both developed by from software even if the remake of demons souls was made by bluepoint

There is a huge difference in graphic, texture, resolution, lighting ecc that bloodborne almost look embarrassing compared to demon s souls
Everything is on another level

So yeah resident evil 8 will definitely look better on ps5, and initially the game was not even developed for ps4 but just for ps5, and it's still not clear if they will ever release it on old gen console

The ps5 version of re 8 will also support ray tracing while the ps4 will not have it of course, this alone will make a huge difference in the general look of the game

Jamesy

I live in England and from what I hear sadly it’s hard to purchase a ps5 at the moment because there are not many in stock.

D

Deleted member 21244

I live in England and from what I hear sadly it’s hard to purchase a ps5 at the moment because there are not many in stock.
It's hard to buy one in every part of the world right now, unfortunately

Rain611

You can't kill me.
It's hard to buy one in every part of the world right now, unfortunately
This.

Does that mean a lot of us will not be playing re8 when it comes out?
This looks to be solved soon, as Sony has massively ramped up the amount of PS5s being produced. They expect that in the near future there will no longer be a PS5 drought. That being said, I think the first step will be having the PS5 sold in stores so that scalpers won't be the only ones able to buy them. Best Buy has been good at thwarting scalpers, but since demand is so high, its still hard to get one, but every other store has been hit hard online. I'd be cautiously optimistic about the future. Sony didn't expect the demand for PS5 to be so high, but they are addressing that now, so you should be able to play RE8.

SpaceOwlHoot

will re8 definitely come out for ps4 though?
It was confirmed today it will be available on PS4 (with a free PS5 upgrade).

Edit: Saw you already knew this from the other thread...going to leave the post anyways for others that might come across it

TecmoZack

I think this will look better on the 5&X as it was made for those consoles. They went back and made it BC with last gen (maybe a reason this was not a launchist release).

This and Returnal should be a visual showcase for what to expect the next 12ish months of Next gen I believe. The Maiden demo looks awesome. So much better than 7. So there is that.

Top Bottom