• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 RE7 Delux Edition will have 4 DLC side-stories and a bonus chapter

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
http://gamerant.com/resident-evil-7-deluxe-edition-pre-order-bonus/

"As stated previously, Capcom also pulled the curtain back on Resident Evil VII‘s Deluxe Edition. Priced at $80, the Deluxe Edition of Resident Evil VII will net players two different DLC content packs. One content pack comes with four short side stories-perhaps in a similar vein to the Beginning Hour demo that was released for the game shortly after its announcement-and the other pack adds an additional episode to Resident Evil VII‘s main story."

So perhaps we will see Leon, Chris, Jill, Ada, Claire, etc. as part of side stories? 3 characters are already confirmed to be in Resident Evil: Vendetta that's set to come out around the same time: Chris, Leon and Rebecca, and Jill did have an e-mail file to Barry in Revelations 2, so maybe those will be the 4 featured characters in the side missions. Just a thought.

After all, the movie's plot (supposedly) does involve a rural mansion according to the Biohazard Wikia-much like the actual RE7 game, so perhaps Vendetta will act as a precursor of sorts?

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Vendetta

"Plot:
The film features BSAA advisor Rebecca Chambers; BSAA SOU Captain Chris Redfield and US government agent Leon Scott Kennedy. Concept art shown suggests that an isolated mansion may be an aspect of the story. At one point Leon is advertised as riding an Italian Ducati motorcycle in an action sequence."

Hence, featuring the Vendetta cast in side stories would make all the sense in the world as would Jill after her RE5 ordeal and Barry e-mail.

Furthermore, the game's producer did say we could "expect to see some surprises" when he said the game would feature an all-new cast. I doubt they'll be left out completely.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sounds good. 80€ for a Resident Evil that features our beloved main characters only in side stories (and only maybe) is a little too much for me, though.

IntoxNitram

That'll be the version I get, then. I've never purchased a special edition of a game before, so might as well do a one off purchase for my favorite franchise. It would make perfect sense to include them in DLC rather than completely leave them out.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
That'll be the version I get, then. I've never purchased a special edition of a game before, so might as well do a one off purchase for my favorite franchise. It would make perfect sense to include them in DLC rather than completely leave them out.

Especially with Resident Evil: Vendetta's plot appearing to be congruent to RE7's, at least according to concept art. It might even feature the same mansion from the movie for all we know.

Calling it right now: Chris, Leon, Rebecca and Jill will be the 4 DLC characters.

Chris, Leon, Rebecca: all starring in Resident Evil: Vendetta which may well be a prequel to RE7.

Jill: teased returning to the field in her Revelations 2 e-mail to Barry, not to mention Natalex just screams her coming back for obvious reasons.

Plus the director flat out saying we can "expect some surprises" with regards to the original cast in this. It makes perfect sense.

Hell, they're all actually teased in the trailer, believe it or not:

Leon: biker helmet, long hair silhouette @ 2:33, stops by a car located outside the house/mansion by trailer's end @ 2:41. Then a silhouette appears in the balcony window immediately afterwards @ 2:42.

Hell, there's a person inside the car @ 2:32. The small arms and wristbands all point to Jill!

Rebecca/Jill: face is scribbled out in a portrait @ 2:35. It could be either Rebecca or Jill TBH, I'm leaning towards Rebecca.

Natalex: the very next shot @ 2:36 shows a picture of a long-haired woman holding what appears to be a scribbled out baby, possibly alluding to Alex being reborn inside Natalia. It even has her with the baby-carrying gesture with her arms for crying out loud! Plus, the lobbed-off mannequin head @ 2:25, possibly foreshadowing Lottie, Natalia's bear, or more accurately, her love of dolls, except with a dark twist, further alluding to Alex's rebirth. Plus, the shots of a woman walking @ 2:09 and little girl @ 2:13. That's gotta be Natalex. Notice her clothes look eerily similar to Dark Natalia's. Coincidence? I think not! She's also on the front cover of the game.

Chris: the guy stepping beside the car at the end of the trailer @ 2:41 is clearly him-boots, cargo pants, (what appear to be) knee pads where you see the circular bulge above his right shin, and right at the end, you can clearly see what looks like a gun holster atop the leg area. Furthermore, he's Jill's partner, who's inside the car, so it's without a doubt Chris.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't really understand why everybody thinks Jill is coming back because of her email to Barry. It didn't really imply that she'd be coming back to fighting, it more implied that she won't be.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Could you please stop saying "everybody"? Not everybody wanted a new character and is complaining about it now. Not everybody thinks Jill will be back. Not everybody thinks that email implies anything...

I'm only speaking for myself, but for me, common sense should be implying that she will be back. Jill is a fan favourite and a recurring main character who hasn't been featured in a game since 2009 or 2012 (depending on whether you look at the chronology of the games or their releases), she still has unresolved plot threads hanging in the air and a real chance at character development because of it, and pretty much every fan theory I read about how the Wesker ordeal could have affected her is a lot more interesting than anything Capcom have ever done with her before. Dropping all this potential just for the sake of reinventing a game franchise that has been the way it is today for much longer than it was "classic horror" is just bull$hit, especially now, and not everybody is okay with that, so naturally, some people will be clutching at straws. But again, not everybody.

Does that answer your questions about that mysterious character called "everybody"?

Reactions: Jen

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Could you please stop saying "everybody"? Not everybody wanted a new character and is complaining about it now. Not everybody thinks Jill will be back. Not everybody thinks that email implies anything...

I'm only speaking for myself, but for me, common sense should be implying that she will be back. Jill is a fan favourite and a recurring main character who hasn't been featured in a game since 2009 or 2012 (depending on whether you look at the chronology of the games or their releases), she still has unresolved plot threads hanging in the air and a real chance at character development because of it, and pretty much every fan theory I read about how the Wesker ordeal could have affected her is a lot more interesting than anything Capcom have ever done with her before. Dropping all this potential just for the sake of reinventing a game franchise that has been the way it is today for much longer than it was "classic horror" is just bull$hit, especially now, and not everybody is okay with that, so naturally, some people will be clutching at straws. But again, not everybody.

Does that answer your questions about that mysterious character called "everybody"?
Uh, when I say "everybody" I obviously don't always literally mean everybody. I'm not the only person that talks like that. It's just easier than saying "the majority of people". But in this case when I say "everybody" I mean everything that I've seen about it. Sorry? It's not like I'm assuming literally everybody thinks that way.
And about the Jill thing, her email doesn't actually say she'll be coming back is what I'm saying. I've seen so many people say "Jill emailed Barry so she'll be coming back!" but that just doesn't make sense to me. That doesn't have to do with common sense.

Last edited:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I don't see the majority of people reading a lot into Jill's email. In fact, I see only one person here doing that, and there's nothing wrong with it. After all, to speculate is all we can do as long as we don't have any solid information. ;) And quite honestly, with everything we've been shown so far, those fan speculations are actually the only thing that keeps me somewhat excited for RE7 at the moment. It might be true that "everybody" is complaining, but not without reason...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Well, I don't see the majority of people reading a lot into Jill's email. In fact, I see only person here doing that, and there's nothing wrong with it. After all, to speculate is all we can do as long as we don't have any solid information. ;) And quite honestly, with everything we've been shown so far, those fan speculations are actually the only thing that keeps me somewhat excited for RE7 at the moment. It might be true that "everybody" is complaining, but not without reason...
It's not only here I've seen it, I've browsed other forums and seen things like it. It just confuses me, is all. I'm sorry if I've made you and other people mad or something when I say "everybody" but I really don't mean everybody. Just what I've seen.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I don't really understand why everybody thinks Jill is coming back because of her email to Barry. It didn't really imply that she'd be coming back to fighting, it more implied that she won't be.

The bit about her "wanting to get back into the field" is quite telling, not to mention she'll have been in rehab for at least 6 years by the time RE7's plot roles around (since Revelations 2 was set in 2011), plenty long enough for her to finish testing. Hell, Natalex could've sent men to kidnap her from the Africa base like she did Moira, Claire and the others before she completed testing and was cleared to come back into the field and went after her in her traumatized state. Not only would it have very much been in-character for her to do that (especially after she was involved in her brother's death), but it could've been a really unique and legitimately terrifying playthrough if done right. She kidnapped Barry's 10 year old daughter and made her into her new vessel FFS, it only makes sense that she'd hit Jill while she was weak and vulnerable (traumatized). Her personality and God complex is arguably even more f'ed up than Albert's, and that's saying a lot.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The bit about her "wanting to get back into the field" is quite telling, not to mention she'll have been in rehab for at least 6 years by the time RE7's plot roles around (since Revelations 2 was set in 2011), plenty long enough for her to finish testing. Hell, Natalex could've sent men to kidnap her from the Africa base like she did Moira, Claire and the others before she completed testing and was cleared to come back into the field and went after her in her traumatized state. Not only would it have very much been in-character for her to do that (especially after she was involved in her brother's death), but it could've been a really unique and legitimately terrifying playthrough if done right. She kidnapped Barry's 10 year old daughter and made her into her new vessel FFS, it only makes sense that she'd hit Jill while she was weak and vulnerable (traumatized). Her personality and God complex is arguably even more f'ed up than Albert's, and that's saying a lot.
Yeah, you're right about the timing. She probably would be done by then.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Uh, when I say "everybody" I obviously don't always literally mean everybody. I'm not the only person that talks like that. It's just easier than saying "the majority of people". But in this case when I say "everybody" I mean everything that I've seen about it. Sorry? It's not like I'm assuming literally everybody thinks that way.
And about the Jill thing, her email doesn't actually say she'll be coming back is what I'm saying. I've seen so many people say "Jill emailed Barry so she'll be coming back!" but that just doesn't make sense to me. That doesn't have to do with common sense.
Well yeah, "Everybody" doesn't always mean literally every single person, at least not formally. Regarding veteran characters I'm pretty sure some of them will be in the game whether it's via cameo, note, photo, dialogue, flashback scene or whatever it is, they will be present in RE 7.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I really like your observations @KManX89 but I do want to add something. That is not Leon in the trailer. I watched that part dozens of time at x0.25 speed and it's a zombie with a hoodie on. I thought it was him at first myself and was kind of disappointed. If it IS Leon. He's dead AF. I'm 99.9% sure it's not him. I'll give them .01% to not do something stupid as ****....

Unless..... It is Leon, and that IS Rebecca who is "crossed off" and Chris is either dead or lost in that neighborhood. What if Vendetta kills our beloved heroes off and Resident EVII is the aftermath of it? Nah... It would be the scariest game they ever made. For Capcom. I would wager that it is a brilliant idea if it wasn't a movie that set it all up. Plus a zombie Leon would **** me off.

That girl could also be Moira, but I no longer think it is for a number of reasons. Including facial structure. I know people say it's Jill or Claire..... but I see no connection with it at all. The Jaw and forehead features match Rebecca's. Claire has a very narrow jaw and we should see some freckles on her right cheek. I honestly completely rule her out. Jill's chin is also more pointed and her face is either wider or more narrow depending on her design. Jill is also too old to look like her, Rebecca is much younger than Jiill, by 6 years actually. As for Moira, she has a much more outward looking face and her hairline is to the right and would not part like that.

Now I know Capcom does redesign the characters a lot and the only characters to seem to have evolved with consistency due to age is Leon, Albert (mostly as far as generational graphic leaps go)t, and Ada in the same aspect. Some would argue that Barry was fitting with his age gap. Jill, Chris, and debatably Claire has had cosmetic redesigns over the year. Back to Rebecca. We can observe that the hairline is in the same place as the girl I the picture. The jaw is wide enough, her ears look right, and he cheek bones look similar. Nose and lip line. The only thing is that the girl in the picture seems to have a bit of an under bite. I kind of need to say it's her or a new character.

I hate to say it but..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

13417492_662778990536727_8468215962251149603_n.jpg
tumblr_ntp1fgZ7Qb1t66aclo3_400.gif

1225624-reuc___rebecca_1.jpg

c002-e1412161773420.jpg

tumblr_o17y8lfmxS1r7sijxo1_1280.gif

I'm not posting this one because it's way too big but it's the most updated look for her. Even if it's not exactly "canon" https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bO464EmCq4w/maxresdefault.jpg

While she's not my favorite character. She doesn't deserve this and I think it might have an impact only with the hardcore fans. I honestly would like to see someone slightly more iconic, except Jill and it'll never be Leon xD Capcom likes to pretend he is the face of the series. Even more so than Chris tbh

As for Alex and Natalia. I think there are hints to that within the demo itself. A fair few actually, plus Natalia's ability would allow for that paranormal aspect being explained within the universe rather than some bull****. Of course all the evil acts would be Alex but there may be some tug of war at times. The shot at @2:06 that you mentioned looks like the woman is holding a dead cat or dog. The coat she's wearing is offly similar to Alex's coat. That's for damn sure. Look at the shoulder lines. The little girl does look like Natalia.

Then there is the cover of the game itself
Resident-Evil-7-Biohazard.jpg

Just look at the dress. And the pose. That really does look like Natalia to me. Also Capcom ALWAYS has a major character on the cover of their games if they have one on the cover. The only exception I can think of is Dr Salvador (chainsaw man) On a special PAL version of RE4. In most cases, it's always the main protagonist. So it's possible that we will play as her in one of the stories and some of the paranormal stuff is just hallucinations. At least I think that would be ideal and it would bring a lot to the experience. Sadly this probably won't be a case but it is something I've wanted for a while. That girl could be just Alex trying to keep her held down underwater and she's trapped in an isolated space in her consciousness. So she can't except the neighborhood. With Alex actually in charge. Of course this isn't likely, but I'd like to see it happen. It would offer a nice twist and we could see iconic characters show up as villains and B.O.W's to taunt her. Something that would make the game very personal to the fans. Being in first person would not allow the play to know who he/she is playing and cause them to believe this is actually happening until the twist at the end. Again, it's something I think that would be cool and would bring a strong narrative in the game in the end. While allowing them to keep the visual narrative of discovery and mystery like the originals during all the events leading up to the conclusion. Much like the game Outlast did. I think it would be a fantastic design, probably something too good for Capcom to actually pull off these days.

Top Bottom