• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 Inventory Options?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I was just playing RE4 and It got me wondering what kind of inventory setting RE6 will have.

In RE4 Leon had his travel case that you could fit multiple items in which is similar to classic RE games.
scaled.php

Resident Evil 5 had a very small option where you could only carry 9 objects on the fly while in between levels you could organize your items.
resident_evil_5_inventogry.jpg

What I wonder is that since both Leon and Chris are in RE6, will they both be donning the 1 of the same inventory option or will Leon have his travel case back while Chris can only carry 9 items on the fly?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree in wondering what it will be like...But I disagree that Leon's is more like the original RE games...His can carry multiple items taking up several blocks...You can arrange it to make it fit your specifications...RE5 has only nine spots, similar to the usual 6-8 in RE...And everything was the same size in RE5, just like the original RE games...

xMobilemux

I have a feeling that even if they include the storage box they will prob sell it as DLC, just like that trailer we saw, I'm willing to bet that maybe 20% of the stuff in that trailer will be cut and resold as DLC.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I have a feeling that even if they include the storage box they will prob sell it as DLC, just like that trailer we saw, I'm willing to bet that maybe 20% of the stuff in that trailer will be cut and resold as DLC.
2.99 and you'll have the classic RE storage box! Nah. Capcom wouldn't be that petty (hopefully)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
2.99 and you'll have the classic RE storage box! Nah. Capcom wouldn't be that petty (hopefully)
I won't lie...If it was DLC for maybe 1.99 or less...I'd totally buy it...I mean, you wouldn't need it to run the game...It'd just be a nice little extra for us fans...

yautjared

New inventory layout design, in that picture, seems cool to RE6 .... a bit different, but still cool

I confess that , having total decision control about spacing and fitting whatever I choose, makes RE4 the best inventory management system, from all RE games, in my opinion

But, when RE5 came out , I just accepted the system they put there, and did not complain about it

RE6 seems that will come with some new idea, let's wait and see :D

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
New inventory layout design, in that picture, seems cool to RE6 .... a bit different, but still cool

I confess that , having total decision control about spacing and fitting whatever I choose, makes RE4 the best inventory management system, from all RE games, in my opinion

But, when RE5 came out , I just accepted the system they put there, and did not complain about it

RE6 seems that will come with some new idea, let's wait and see :D
I think RE4 had a great one, but I liked RE5's better because it was in real time...

Carter478

The inventory system would be similar to RE5 I think since you're with a partner and its co-op. I liked RE4's one cause you had to think about where to put everything and how much you can carry but RE5's one is also great cause you can change weapons so quickly.

xMobilemux

The inventory system would be similar to RE5 I think since you're with a partner and its co-op. I liked RE4's one cause you had to think about where to put everything and how much you can carry but RE5's one is also great cause you can change weapons so quickly.
Judging from that pic, since it says "Y" to cycle from single weapon to dual wield, it looks like Capcom is gonna f**k up RE even more by adding COD's 2 weapon limit too it. Not sure what the option above the ammo is for.

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Judging from that pic, since it says "Y" to cycle from single weapon to dual wield, it looks like Capcom is gonna f**k up RE even more by adding COD's 2 weapon limit too it. Not sure what the option above the ammo is for.
That's jumping to conclusions, ain't it? Resistance has this, too, but it has a neat Weapon Wheel where you can select your weapons. With Triangle, you can cycle between either every weapon on your wheel, or the last 2 used weapons (toggled in Options).

If it's like Resistance, I don't see how it's bad. I assume I won't stand and look through my inventory for my shotgun if I'm attacked by zombies, I'll know where it is and just grab it.

xMobilemux

That's jumping to conclusions, ain't it? Resistance has this, too, but it has a neat Weapon Wheel where you can select your weapons. With Triangle, you can cycle between either every weapon on your wheel, or the last 2 used weapons (toggled in Options).

If it's like Resistance, I don't see how it's bad. I assume I won't stand and look through my inventory for my shotgun if I'm attacked by zombies, I'll know where it is and just grab it.
I havent played Resistance so I'm not sure how its weapon system works. A weapon wheel would be nice, but its not really the RE kind of weapon system so I wouldnt bet on it.
grrgerg.jpg

If those 6 boxes at the top of the inventory option are the weapon boxes then I'll be satisfied with that weapon system. I have a feeling that the "RB" option will be grenades or a melee option.

Top Bottom