• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 RE6 critical updates - New release date, the Merc and the blond girl

sbr999

In Multiplayer, Mercenaries mode will return and will be unlocked from the get-go, and co-op will become "drop-in/drop-out", removing restrictions and making it simpler to play in co-op.
I saw the interview too, but I didn't understand this part. Does it mean that you can solo the whole campaign without an AI/human-controlled partner following you whole the time, or it means you can change other player to control your partner?

I hope they remove the ORC style 'next door' indicator (at least that's what it looks like to me) or make it optional (on/off), because it looks stupid and makes the game easier (in my opinion):
re61.jpg

And they do something with the interface too, while they are at it:
re62.jpg

Aside from that, the game looks absolutely GREAT, and finally the zombies are back too!

CrashOkami

The Survivor
I saw the interview too, but I didn't understand this part. Does it mean that you can solo the whole campaign without an AI/human-controlled partner following you whole the time, or it means you can change other player to control your partner?
Nope, drop-in/out means that the second player can join at any given moment, and can leave as well. During their absence, AI takes over automatically. Imagine you, playing the game, and mid-stage inviting someone. They will join without problems, but (I suppose, no word on that) they'll have the AI's inventory, since they didn't start the mission to configure it themselves.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i like the whole idea of drop in/out co op, having your team mate quit and crashing/restarting the game would be a giant pain in the ass, thank god most games aren't like that nowadays.

bruno

Chief Researcher
There are pics of 2 older dudes. One of them might be Alex Wesker and the other, a flashback of the original Wesker. Maybe the red/blond hair guy is Alex and the other guy is the original Wesker (the guy in the picture that looks like Irving might be Alex when he was younger)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
There are pics of 2 older dudes. One of them might be Alex Wesker and the other, a flashback of the original Wesker. Maybe the red/blond hair guy is Alex and the other guy is the original Wesker (the guy in the picture that looks like Irving might be Alex when he was younger)
Wouldn't this imply that Albert knew Alex, though didn't know Alex's true identity...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Wouldn't this imply that Albert knew Alex, though didn't know Alex's true identity...

I didn't even mention Albert. It does imply, however, that Alex knew Wesker, the original researcher who was responsible for the project (and after whom all the subjects were named). This is plausible, since Alex was, at some time, given responsibility for the project (probably when Wesker died).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I didn't even mention Albert. It does imply, however, that Alex knew Wesker, the original researcher who was responsible for the project (and after whom all the subjects were named). This is plausible, since Alex was, at some time, given responsibility for the project (probably when Wesker died).
My apologies...You said Wesker and my head jumped to the one we all know and love lol...So, you think this game is gonna reveal a LOT about the past of RE...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Not a lot, but since they brought the topic of the Weskers in RE5 and LIN, and Albert's heir is present in the game, there might be a chance they revealed more about Alex's past and his relationships with Spencer, Wesker (the original), and the origin of the project.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Not a lot, but since they brought the topic of the Weskers in RE5 and LIN, and Albert's heir is present in the game, there might be a chance they revealed more about Alex's past and his relationships with Spencer, Wesker (the original), and the origin of the project.
So do you think there are gonna be more questions than answers by the end of this game, like normal for RE, or do ya think we're gettin' close to the end...

bruno

Chief Researcher
So do you think there are gonna be more questions than answers by the end of this game, like normal for RE, or do ya think we're gettin' close to the end...
I'm not sure.
However, I'd like Capcom to close the Wesker cycle for once so the next entries will have a new story. It seems Jake and Sherry will be the future of RE, maybe the older characters will take less important roles in the series, but I'd like them to be mentioned in the future, even if they're just radio support or someone talks about them.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not sure.
However, I'd like Capcom to close the Wesker cycle for once so the next entries will have a new story. It seems Jake and Sherry will be the future of RE, maybe the older characters will take less important roles in the series, but I'd like them to be mentioned in the future, even if they're just radio support or someone talks about them.
I agree...The old story needs to come to a close...But at the same time...I don't want them beating a dead horse with the new story...So if they put it to rest soon it may be best...I'm not sure...I wanna see RE6 completely because I have mixed feelings on the subject...

Jay

K.I.N.G.

I hope they remove the ORC style 'next door' indicator (at least that's what it looks like to me) or make it optional (on/off), because it looks stupid and makes the game easier (in my opinion):
re61.jpg

And they do something with the interface too, while they are at it:
re62.jpg

Aside from that, the game looks absolutely GREAT, and finally the zombies are back too!
It'll be like RE5, but without waiting till the next checkpoint to join someone. An A.I partner will still be there.

sbr999

Nope, drop-in/out means that the second player can join at any given moment, and can leave as well. During their absence, AI takes over automatically. Imagine you, playing the game, and mid-stage inviting someone. They will join without problems, but (I suppose, no word on that) they'll have the AI's inventory, since they didn't start the mission to configure it themselves.

It'll be like RE5, but without waiting till the next checkpoint to join someone. An A.I partner will still be there.

Thanks for explaining. I was hoping finally we can solo without a partner though. XD

yautjared

Sherry Birkin is my favourite in the new game .... she grew up and turned into a beautiful woman, and , far from being helpless .... Playing with her in Mercenaries in RE6 gotta be hella fun ! :D

CrashOkami

The Survivor
Sherry is going to get her sweet revenge now :D I hope Lickers make an appearance, so she can grab them by their tongues and swing them around! Okay maybe not, but Chris can do that easily.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well Bruno...So long as they kill him off with style then I don't think that'd be so bad...Don't bet me wrong, he may be my least favorite male character, but they better not give him some lame-ass cheesey death...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I have the feeling Chris is going to die in this game. Everything we've been seeing from hims suggests that.

I've honestly been getting that same feeling as well... and I don't like it. :(

He seems to act a bit more reckless in this game with his temper and I can just see him getting shot or something. I just can't imagine everyone walking away a hero.

Top Bottom