• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 RE5 - PS3 - Game wont load 3-1

Rom

Hi

So i got Resi 5 for the ps3 the other day, after seeing Play had it for £18 :)

Been fine so far, finished 2-3 the other night, got to the end screen for it etc, ended game, turned off PS3.

Went to play it today, and the game starts up, says load successful. All my items are there etc.
But if i try to continue game, after all the selecteion screens, it just shows the loading screen, with the Resi History quotes...it never actually loads. Normally this screen goes after 5-10 secs
Ive tried starting through chapter select, and the same thing.
Ive ejected disc, rebooted etc. But no change.

Any ideas ? I really dont want to have to start all over :(

Thanks

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
The same thing happened to me a while back.

Here are suggestions that I think you need to try:
Press continue game (I think you said that you try that and it didn't work, but I read and it said that you continued in at the selection screen so I don't know if you pressed Chapter Select or Continue Game)

Try going back to the PS3 home page (I don't have a ps3 and I don't know if PS3 will let you go back to the console homepage)

Keep turning the console on and off (I know that you did this, but keep trying and it may work)

Buy a new copy (I know that sounds like a pain, but if none of this helps then there is something wrong of the game. I suggest doing this step last)

Delete all of your memory (I know that this sounds painful I mean you got all the way to 3-1 of the game and deleting everything dosen't sound to fitting, but you may never know if it will work unless you tried it.)

Rom

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Ive tried continuing the game, and also selecting 3-1 from chapter select. Both do the same, endless loading screen :(

I tried just now, to play from 2-3, and then after the chapter end screen, press start to continue that way, hoping it would superseed a bad save file or whatever. But it does the same.

Ill maybe try tech support. Ive only had the game a week, brand new, so certainly not buying another !

Was more intrigued whether this is a common / known thing.

Ill keep trying

L

Lurker
Good point chuyi.

I can only say if you got an re5 copy for 18 litas it must be used... i dont know since im US. I would say if its used you can 1. Sue the company.
or 2.Take it back and threaten to sue unless a full refund

Top Bottom