• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 RE4 on the pc

iNFiN1TY

Im playing the pc version atm, but its a shame the cutscenes look worse than the gaphics in game :/

any way to fix this?

iNFiN1TY

i allreay patched it, the ingame graphics are stunning but the cut scenes are.. well meh..

Raef

A better graphics card would likely fix that. And a ****ty monitor could be at fault as well.

iNFiN1TY

Specs:

Asus Striker Xtreme | Quadcore @ 4.0Ghz | Geforce 9800GTX+ (SLi) | Corshair Dominator 4GB - 1066 - Connected to 2 Samsung Syncmasters 226BW.

I doubt its my computer.

Like i said, the ingame graphics are gorguous, but the cutscenes are very much.. blocks :s

Raef

I dunno about that then. Maybe, because its scripted from the game, that you need a better RealTime player, or something to that effect?

iNFiN1TY

The files / video files in the folder have a winamp mark, maybe i should change it to a HD player? it would effect it in game? i dont think it should, but i really dont know :(

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i don't really think theres much that can be done about it...
the few obvious checks would be to ask if you had the latest direct X's and .net framework
but apart from that, its very odd to have worse graphics in cutscenes.
was it a download by any chance?

iNFiN1TY

Nah, its an original game.. i collect RE, f*ck a copy :p

I play on 1680x1050 resolution (widescreen), maybe thats an issue?
when im home ill make 2 screenshots 1 from a cutscene and 1 in game youll see the difference.

iNFiN1TY

34q79fm.jpg

^ in game

2dwdpxf.jpg

^ in game

2hdzc4z.jpg

^ cutscene

ifcw8y.jpg

^ cutscene

iNFiN1TY

damn im stuck, after the screenshots where taken.. a little further i jumped down with the girl, its where the expiriments are being done etc. i jumped down somewhere from where the big ball slamms thru a wall where a door is behind..

anyone ?
:p

dark_zero

the reason why re4 was so crappy is because it has low capacity cutscenese the port really couldnt be supported on the pc thats why it wasnt the greatest

Top Bottom