• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE4 HD port coming to PC's everywhere.

Light_One5

Don’t really care about HD. There were so many terrific mods that did this anyway. If I was to get it though, it will only be for the “Mouse and Keyboard” support.
And yeah I do hope they do the same with “Zero” and “Remake”,

And it's £15 pre-order on Steam.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
This is more or less what I've been waiting for. Due to the QTEs displaying buttons that aren't even on the keyboard, lacking mouse support and the slow, unresponsive controls of the original (horrible) PC port, I was never able to finish the game that half of the fans consider the best RE that ever was. I don't care about the graphics, but if they revised the controls too (and I'll get myself a demo to find out), I will consider giving RE4 a second chance.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
I know this has been ported to death, but I've heard the original port to PC was pretty god awful. I know there's mods for it, but if you're not really into all of that this is probably pretty convenient.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I know there's mods for it, but if you're not really into all of that this is probably pretty convenient.

Even if you're into all of that. I'm probably the modding queen of this forum, I downloaded and installed a fanmade mouse patch, but even with that, it still sucked.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Even if you're into all of that. I'm probably the modding queen of this forum, I downloaded and installed a fanmade mouse patch, but even with that, it still sucked.
Gotcha, gotcha. I find it funny that such a critically acclaimed game got such bad port. I don't think its the best RE game out there, but I find it the most fun to replay. I know you said you didn't get to finish it so hopefully this port gets rid of all the things that hindered your experience gameplay wise.

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Lol I bet Capcom are gonna release a Super Resident Evil 4 Turbo Ultimate HD Edition next on PS4 & Xbone ;)
That awkward moment when this possibility is the scariest thing about this series as of late.

@Hel, didnt know the other PC port was garbage. For PC owners that plan on purchasing the game, I hope these promises dont fall flat bc you dont deserve to lose money.

black 93

this just shows capcom havent got a clue what their doing anymore. RE4 has been released on gamecube, wii, ps2 , ps3 , 360, pc , iphone/ipad. Everone has already played it to death. If their gunna re release any of them, do what the fans have been askin for for years and do it with REmake or RE2. Or better yet, focus on makin RE7 great

AS-HI

Classic RE FTW
Well... There is still some platforms need it like PSVITA.. I will really be enthusiastic to play RE4, Revelation on it.
I trust Capcom cuz they always port thier games lool

Top Bottom