• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE2 vs RE3

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I have to agree that 3 tied in with RE1 better. Did you know that the only reason Claire was added was to actually tie 2 in to RE1. The developers thought that since no characters had any previous connections to any of the other characters that it didn't feel like the same game at all. So they made Claire instead of whatever her name was, and had her be Chris' sister.
Didnt know that. Cool ;D

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
But you didn't say harder. You said better...Because I enjoy chess, I liked the Chess pieces puzzle in RE2. It could be something a simple as that when people say something is "Better." Now, had you said "More challenging," I definitely couldn't have argued...
If it isn't challenging then how is it be better? the puzzles in God of war 1 was more challenging than the puzzles in RE 2 lol

and on top of that once you beat the game you pretty much know where are the key items in RE3 the puzzles are randomized on each playthrough.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
If it isn't challenging then how is it be better? the puzzles in God of war 1 was more challenging than the puzzles in RE 2 lol

and on top of that once you beat the game you pretty much know where are the key items in RE3 the puzzles are randomized on each playthrough.
As I already explained, subject matter plays a part. My wife loves playing cards, so the keys you have to find (Which could constitute as a puzzle) appeal to her. The chess pieces appeal to me. While the water treatment puzzle is difficult, I'm not a sanitation engineer. I AM an avid chess player. See what I mean. It's little subtle things like that, that will make a game special for someone. So saying that it had "Better puzzles" like that's a fact, just isn't proper. That's all I'm sayin...Like I said. Are the ones in three more difficult. Hell yeah. And is that enjoyable. Definitely. But that doesn't always make something "better" since several people will interpret it differently.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
As I already explained, subject matter plays a part. My wife loves playing cards, so the keys you have to find (Which could constitute as a puzzle) appeal to her. The chess pieces appeal to me. While the water treatment puzzle is difficult, I'm not a sanitation engineer. I AM an avid chess player. See what I mean. It's little subtle things like that, that will make a game special for someone. So saying that it had "Better puzzles" like that's a fact, just isn't proper. That's all I'm sayin...Like I said. Are the ones in three more difficult. Hell yeah. And is that enjoyable. Definitely. But that doesn't always make something "better" since several people will interpret it differently.

Also, the puzzles might be different for different people. My dad thought the puzzles in 2 were harder than 3, for example.

Top Bottom