• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Re2 Vs Re3

Japanisnumberone

Witch game to you feels scarier or funner? I like Re3 more due to its good storyline and interesting Characters.Biohazard 2 was good too.Just wasn't as scary 3 was.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I liked 3 better too. Mostly because Jill is in it and... Barry saves her again. Seriously though, I thought the gameplay was better, I loved mixing the gun powder (I wish that was in other games), and Nemesis was actually scary.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I didn't like RE3. I much prefer RE2. I thought the story was a lot better, I liked the characters more, and I thought it was scarier. Also, it has a far greater replay value. After so long in Nemesis, the game bored me, and the bad part is that I hadn't even finished the first playthrough yet.

Mr Sunshine

Witch game to you feels scarier or funner? I like Re3 more due to its good storyline and interesting Characters.Biohazard 2 was good too.Just wasn't as scary 3 was.

Did RE 3 even have a storyline? Ok, maybe it did, but compared to the one of RE 2 it's inferior imo. Because basically what you're doing in the third game most of the time is trying to survive from Nemesis. There is also Nicolai of course as a villain (who is yet another RE 1 Wesker) but it's just him, Nemesis and Carlos. Whereas in RE 2 there are two storylines and twice as much important characters.

As for the replay value the fact that RE 2 has two playable characters and two scenarios is far better than the alternative scences of RE 3 imo but the puzzles are exactly the same. At least in Re 3 they are random.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Two, for every reason stated above, plus, when it comes to what the others said about the story, 2 had a story that would be easier and better referenced in later RE titles...

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Resident Evil 3 had a better replay value, interesting features such as creating your own ammo and it had more scares in it.

On the other hand, Resident Evil 2's storyline was better, even if it did get a little wonky with the canon-ness of the A and B scenarios, and the character development exceeded that of Resident Evil 3's cast, even if the presence of some of the characters in relation to the storyline was irrelevant and unneeded.

Both were amazing games in their own right, though.

v for valentine

While Resident Evil 2 was definitely more classic, Resident Evil 3 was definitely scarier. I mean, running by Nemesis in some of those close-quartered hallways? No thanks. ;p Plus, there was Jill. And Jill definitely makes a good classic Resident Evil game. I can't say which is better though, loving both games the way I do. :)

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I liked Resident 2 for it's end of the world feel, and it was the first time i had actually liked a computer character, ( Leon )

Resident 3, was tense... i liked it because Jill was back but i wasn't to hot on her uniform... seemed a little too.... casual, considering the place had just been over run by dead-heads.

I think Re 2 though, was the funnier of the two.

B.Martin

i liked it because Jill was back but i wasn't to hot on her uniform... seemed a little too.... casual, considering the place had just been over run by dead-heads.
I think Re 2 though, was the funnier of the two.

This is so true, like if Cyprus suddenly had an ourbreak of the T-Virus you wouldn't catch me in shorts and a vest (i know i'm not a girl but you get the pics) I'd be full on covered from head to toe with combat and hard wearing attire you know. And whats with the fact you never really have much ammo, surely you'd stock up in a situation like that? With all the fighting in the streets i bet it would be everywhere!

nradams

Niki
My fave game is RE2 just because it introduced Claire and Leon and also it had a fun storyline. I really never cared much for RE3. Nemesis just didn't freak me out.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
RE2 because of the nostalgia. :D

But other than that, RE 2's story felt really fleshed out and was integrated reasonably well, despite having an A and B scenario. The game was alot of fun, oftentimes was scary, had interesting characters and a great soundtrack.

Though having said that, I find all RE games have great soundtracks, but I enjoyed Resident Evil 2 the most.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I prefer RE2 in all aspects. It has a more elaborate story (though RE3 has some good subplots like the UBCS and the Tyrant battle) and I personally think it was scarier.
I think T-103 was much scarier than Nemesis. Once you learn how to escape nemmy, he's not scary anymore. However, there's something in T-103, maybe his resemblance to a human, the fact that he can break walls, and fighting him in closed environments, that makes him scarier than Nemesis. I also found Birkin scarier than Nemesis, he has all those claws and can mutate at any moment.
As for the environments, I like to play in an open environment, but they completely messed up with the city, most of Raccoon City in RE3 makes little sense. This includes the fact that there are puzzles in the middle of the streets. However, it does make sence for the RPD to have a weired architecture, they explain it was previously a museum, and that's also why the statues are there. The puzzles were Iron's way of hiding the passage to the Umbrella facilities: since he was so obcessed with art, he used jewels, chess pieces, etc.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's funny...After reading all these I'm surprised nobody mentioned the addition of the 180 degree turn...I mean, that first appeared in RE3, and I can't count the number of times it's saved my bacon...RE2 and the original RE where hard as hell without that once you got used to having it...

Fallen One

Λεωνίδας
Love both no question but RE:3 for me has the most replay value. Loved the size and atmosphere of the levels the small tweaks added to the game with the ammo 180 spin being able to dodge and duck the dogs and Nemesis breathing down your back. Plus Jill is classic RE.

Top Bottom