• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Zero RE0 REmake Chances?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hi team,

I was wondering the other day - If Capcom jumps on this REmake train for a long time - COULD we get a RE0 REmake?

If so, what do you want to add to it?

I hope they would deal with the bad costume designs personally. And add the boxes back in!

This also begs the question - if RE0 is remade - COULD we see a REMake remake??? This would be a long time off if so. haha

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I don't think any other Resident Evil game, except maybe like Code Veronica, or even Dead Aim if they wanna be weird about it, would get a chance of the REmake treatment.

I'd imagine the RE team would do something more original with it just because they can.
Same time, I can imagine some REmake games happening on the side.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I honestly think it's too new. I mean Resident Evil Remake and Zero are, roundabout, the same age. If they remade Zero that would put pressure to remake, once again, the original.

For what? How many times can you remake the exact same thing before people get tired of it? And I'm sorry but I don't believe that they're going to just go off into this endless loop of remaking the entire series over and over again with newer technology.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
They already have a remaster out of RE0 which I can confirm looks gorgeous on a 4k tv with max settings (PC version) so it really does not need the remake treatment "currently", same goes for the RE1 and RE4 remasters which still have adequate graphics in their current upscaled states, so in short I doubt Capcom would make a remake for it anytime soon, chances are they will remake the games that actually need to have a severe graphical improvement such as RE3 or RECV.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I agree with ToCool, I think they should stick to games that need an overhaul before redoing games that have already been remastered. I still want to see Code Veronica fixed next.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I think RE0 should be the last of the REmake cycle for now if they decide to. Obviously, they should definitely remake Code Veronica, but I think RE0 has aged enough where in 5 or 6 years, we could get a nice remake of it.
I would relish a remake, but I would definitely prefer new titles.

I just thought an exercise about what you'd like for an RE0 remake would be fun!

Turo602

The King of Kings
0 definitely doesn't need a remake. It was recently remastered and essentially a brand new game to many. It's not outdated like the PS1/Dreamcast era games. They already added a more accessible playstyle and to be quite honest, the game isn't really an essential part of the series or even a fan favorite. There is literally no need to remake it. At the very least, a re-release down the line that adds item boxes would be perfect.

The same goes to the original REmake which is absolutely perfect the way it is, but has already been considered for another remake simply because it is such an iconic game, that the idea of getting it to the standards of RE2 REmake would be very appealing, even to those who don't exactly find it necessary. It's more worthwhile for Capcom than 0 is, and 3 and CVX are really the only ones fans are asking for and can really benefit from a remake.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I never got to play 0 so i wouldn't really mind tbh.

if you haven't then I'd highly recommend playing the remaster version, as I pointed out earlier the remaster looks gorgeous on todays hardware especially the PC with max settings, the only reason to not play it would be if you do not like the "classic tank controls" but the new adjustments to the remasters tweaks it to be more bearable for newer fans with the new option to freely move in any direction but you still have to stop to shoot which never bothered me since I started out with the older ones lol.

D

Deleted member 21244

0 doesn't need a remake since it s too new, if it had the third person view it would be perfect, but besides from that there is nothing else to change... the remastered is the best version and doesn't need a remake

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
0 definitely doesn't need a remake. It was recently remastered and essentially a brand new game to many. It's not outdated like the PS1/Dreamcast era games. They already added a more accessible playstyle and to be quite honest, the game isn't really an essential part of the series or even a fan favorite. There is literally no need to remake it. At the very least, a re-release down the line that adds item boxes would be perfect.

The same goes to the original REmake which is absolutely perfect the way it is, but has already been considered for another remake simply because it is such an iconic game, that the idea of getting it to the standards of RE2 REmake would be very appealing, even to those who don't exactly find it necessary. It's more worthwhile for Capcom than 0 is, and 3 and CVX are really the only ones fans are asking for and can really benefit from a remake.
The only way I see it would be if both 0 and RE1 are remade back-to-back as the same game with a unified story - in a way it would be kind of cool to follow Rebecca all the way through both storylines in one game, even though I personally don't feel like the stories blend well together (however, perhaps a remake could fix those issues). Still, that's just assuming the demand for a 0-remake is there, which it isn't. It's never been a fan favorite and never will be.

And like you and most others say, 3 and CVX are the ones we want. And Dino Crisis, of course.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I would love an entire Dino Crisis reboot. I never played DC3 and I probably never will.

Dino Crisis 1 is so freakin scary. And Dino Crisis 2 is one of the most fun games on the original Playstation.

Jonipoon

I wonder how of a crossover between Resident Evil and Dino Crisis would be like. Can you imagine zombie dinosaurs?

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Someone tag Capcom in this thread. Where you at Shinji Mikami?

That sounds like a great idea - but more in like an Arcade setting I feel. lol. Timesplitters with zombie dinosaurs. That's got my vote!

Murrdogg93

I'd love for RE 0 & CVX to both be remade. But no others after that.

RE 0 is a fun game for me, but the biggest drawback is the inventory system causes a lot of extra work. But if remade, they could actually implement co-op, making it more fun. It can still be fun & challenging with less hassle. I'd buy a remake in RE Engine.

CVX is also a good game overall, but it hasn't aged well for me. I was too young to play the originals with tank controls. So it's not my forte. That, along with no difficulty settings makes it rough for me to play. Plus the voice acting didn't age well either. Also, the pacing & big environments were something I liked about the game. This game's concept in the RE Engine would be great, I think.

Jonipoon

Rumors have it that there will be a break in the remakes after RE3, but they may be remaking RECV for next gen. It will be great and I hope more people can enjoy Code Veronica. It is one of the hardest REs, but lore wise, it is a gold mine.
It would be absolutely insane to see Code Veronica get remade in RE2 remake fashion. Just the thought of seeing that fairytalesque story come to life with modern technology is mindboggling.

Top Bottom