• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica RE: V X noob's train of thought on 1st ever playthrough

Matt S

RE noob
Steve is ok............its really just the voice.

Nosferatu was pretty awesome. And pretty tough. The sniper rifle would have been fine, if I could see....lol. Never did figure out where to re-fill my fire extinguisher....so no Magnum. Sniffs. and the Zombie in the cage across from the machine room. No clue how to get into it.

Got to Chris tonight. And seriously confused with the comment, 'on a lead given to me from leon!' So wait, I thought Claire is trying to still find her brother, and she is being helped by Leon. So how can leon know Chris?!?!?! I mean, in RE2, it was made clear that the game was Leon's first day on the job, and Chris and co had already left.

So yeah, not sure what is up with the storyline suddenly. Cool playing as Chris again, though.

Steve is ok............its really just the voice.

Nosferatu was pretty awesome. And pretty tough. The sniper rifle would have been fine, if I could see....lol. Never did figure out where to re-fill my fire extinguisher....so no Magnum. Sniffs. and the Zombie in the cage across from the machine room. No clue how to get into it.

Got to Chris tonight. And seriously confused with the comment, 'on a lead given to me from leon!' So wait, I thought Claire is trying to still find her brother, and she is being helped by Leon. So how can leon know Chris?!?!?! I mean, in RE2, it was made clear that the game was Leon's first day on the job, and Chris and co had already left.

So yeah, not sure what is up with the storyline suddenly. Cool playing as Chris again, though.
i'm guessing Leon must have found Chris while Claire was held in prison. Anyway If I remember correctly I think there is a chance u can refill the fire extinguisher as Chris aswell.

In the beginning of the game Claire and Steve sent a message out to Leon telling him where she was locked up at Rockfort Island. After Resident Evil 2 Leon and Claire must be close together in the fight against Umbrella.
Leon mustve sent Chris the coordinates.
One cool thing about these games. In Resident Evil 2, Claire is introduced in the series by looking for her bother Chris at Raccoon City, finds out from his journal that he went to Europe to fight Umbrella, ends up going to Europe, gets caught, and now its Chris' time to save her sister. It might seem silly that Leon was able to contact Chris so easily but he was hard to track down and didn't want his sister to get involved. But she is strong willed and determined to be with her bro. Its all good. And yea that fire extinguisher, Chris gets to refill eventually. When I first played the game, could you believe I left the fire extinguisher in the safety deposit box so early in the game with Claire, which I feel is a rookie mistake considering if you don't need an item anymore, 90% of the time the game will ask if you want to discard it. and like a dummy I left it in the safety metal detector box due to low inventory. I learned from my mistake though and 2nd time around got the Magnum and used it towards the end like all Resi games. Like with the cranks in Resi 1, you still need it after a first time use and the valve handle in 2.

Matt S

RE noob
Well, finished the game last night. Overall I liked it. A definite move away from the horror feel in this one. After getting halfway, restarted on the ps2 version so I could save a lot more ammo, get the Magnum. That gun was a game changer. Final boss was a little easy, imo.

Since Gaiden and Survivor 2 were next, I watched a little of each on youtube, and it looks like I'll skip those since the latter never released in U.S. and the former was a gameboy exclusive, next up is Re-make for me, or since I've played that one, may go to RE:0 next

Top Bottom