• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE: revelations 2

Fishcakes

Played RE: revelations 2 on Xbox dor the first time in ages (since I played at launch). Is it just me or is Claire uncharacteristically badass in this game.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I think Claire is always pretty badass, to be honest, but I do think she's pretty out of character in this game. I mean I enjoyed it, especially introducing it to my husband - we had a really good time with the game - but that is a gripe I have with it.

Fishcakes

I think Claire is always pretty badass, to be honest, but I do think she's pretty out of character in this game. I mean I enjoyed it, especially introducing it to my husband - we had a really good time with the game - but that is a gripe I have with it.
Yea I get what you mean, she's a great character but she's not Jill Or Leon or Chris. Like their police or STARS, they have special training and from what I know the only training she's had is practise with Chris.
I don't mind though, the games really good and it's a good look for her in the game.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I agree. Claire was pretty much always a badass. From her rocket launcher one-liner in RE2 to her action packed raid on Umbrella in Code Veronica. Even in REmake 2, I thought it was pretty badass how she willingly confronted William Birkin in his 3rd phase, whereas Leon was kind of forced into it by Annette.

I don't exactly remember anything specific in Revelations 2 that really made her "badass" though. But I definitely do think making her unable to connect with Natalya was pretty out of character seeing as she's always been good with kids. Definitely hated how she was captured in the latest CGI Resident Evil Netflix series too.

Last edited:

Fishcakes

I get what you mean, but the whole game shes just plain badass in every scene. Usually in the other games the other characters take charge but in revelations she does everything if you get me? Still doesn't take away from the fact she does some pretty sick stuff in Veronica and re2 n stuff. Infinite Darkness was pretty sad too, it made her look kinda useless

Turo602

The King of Kings
I get what you mean, but the whole game shes just plain badass in every scene. Usually in the other games the other characters take charge but in revelations she does everything if you get me? Still doesn't take away from the fact she does some pretty sick stuff in Veronica and re2 n stuff. Infinite Darkness was pretty sad too, it made her look kinda useless
Got any examples? I haven't played the game in a while, though I'd really like to. Really underrated game. But I can't really think of anything out of the ordinary in terms of Claire being a badass. As far as taking charge, she does spend the majority of the game with Moira and of the two characters, she's definitely the far more experienced one in that type of situation so her taking charge kinda makes sense.

Fishcakes

Got any examples? I haven't played the game in a while, though I'd really like to. Really underrated game. But I can't really think of anything out of the ordinary in terms of Claire being a badass. As far as taking charge, she does spend the majority of the game with Moira and of the two characters, she's definitely the far more experienced one in that type of situation so her taking charge kinda makes sense.
The games free on Xbox if you have one?
the taking charge is the main thing I'm talking about, as well as the way she acts during the situation, completely calm, whereas in the other games she's a bit more startled, which would be because she was less experienced then.
also the fact she does the clean kill wig sniper on a moving helicopter and shoots some crazy ass B.O.W.
She basically fully protects herself and two others for quite a bit of the game.
But the main thing I'm talking about is just the whole sense of the game and it's story, you can tell she's grown as a character. She hasn't actually had much training and to go into a situation like that and act the way she did?
I dunno it's my opinion that's why I asked if others agree. But she just feels more badass to me.

Ikawaru

I also have not played the game in a while, but I do remember enjoying it quite well for various reasons like Raid mode and seeing a return of Burton was kinda cool ("Barry, where's Barry?" was always kind of in the back of my head since Nemesis '99).

The only thing I remember from Claire in that title was her "I was almost a Claire sandwich" line which got a good chuckle out of me because at that particular time the series was as good as dead so that kind of rhetoric seemed somewhat hopeful that the series could make a comeback, which it in fact did.

Top Bottom