• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

RE Game Quest Board: Which would you be in?

Murrdogg93

Hypothetically, if the premise of different RE games presented themselves for you to be in, taking the place of the protagonist... Which would you go in?

I asked those close to me which I would be in. Initially narrowed down to RE 2 as Leon, RE 3, & RE 4. When having to pick one, they settled on RE 4 because of my protective tendencies with them, they saw as well suited for saving Ashley.

One of my friends could see himself taking the place of Claire in RE 2. Family is something very important to him &, as a parent, he is very drawn to the idea of helping save Sherry from such a nightmare.

So which game could you see yourselves in and why?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I don’t really relate to any RE protagonist, mainly because they’re not exactly normal people. They’re B-movie action heroes and that’s why I like them, but I could never see myself step into their shoes.

If we’re all being honest, most of us actually resemble Ethan the most when it comes to RE protagonists since he is the closest the series has come to an ”average Joe” type protagonist. But that’s probably because he’s such an empty shell so it’s easy to fill in the blanks.

Nevertheless, I could definitely see myself going into some rural area looking for my missing wife/girlfriend. I wouldn’t do it alone though, unlike Ethan.

Murrdogg93

The characters are never the most deep. But you can see clues of their personalities hidden within.
Leon for example is very optimistic & cares deeply about people. In later games, he masks it. You see his optimism briefly in RE2R when Claire is pessimistic, wondering if there are no survivors, he stayed reassuring that there has to be. In RE 4, his caring core his still shown regarding Ashley, genuinely caring for her even if the player can't stand her.
Jill is very level headed & calm under pressure starting in RE1, but gets more assertive & no nonsense as she endures trauma in later games.
Ethan is very quick to crack under pressure in fear, which makes sense since he's not combat trained at all. But he grows more competent & probably analyzes his survival situation better.

Just a dumb thing I came up with haha.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I would probably by one of the main characters from Outbreak. I wold rather survive in a group than to run around Raccoon City by myself, there is strength in numbers.

Top Bottom