• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised RE:Archives

Torque

Just finished this on the wii, didn't get the chance to play it on the gamecube so i did now :)

i must say it was by far the most scariest one i've ever played, also quite challenging as i had no idea where to go and where things needed to be placed, but i got there.. in 9 hrs to be exact lols.

But since now i have a general idea of what to do, instead of just killin the zombies and having to worry about burning them.. when it gets to the hunter part of the game, will those zombies disappear? just wanted to know as i've started a new game and i am at the part where u give richard the serum and i have continually just dodged the zombies and burned the ones that were already "dead"

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Re: Archives

After you've been to the residence and come back, the hunters take over the majority, but there will be some crimson heads if you didn't dispose of them properly.but my advice would be avoid zombies, don't kill every single one, it wastes ammo, and means you have to be constantly back and fourth to get fuel to burn them with.

Torque

aintnoscrub;50165 said:
After you've been to the residence and come back, the hunters take over the majority, but there will be some crimson heads if you didn't dispose of them properly.but my advice would be avoid zombies, don't kill every single one, it wastes ammo, and means you have to be constantly back and fourth to get fuel to burn them with.

ok kool, shouldn't be any crimson heads to bother me after that, since the zombies i did kill were in rooms i will never visit again, maybe just the one crimson head thats in the room b4 the trap room (where u get the REAL armor key), i hated having to go back and forth to refuel then burn, took up quite abit of play time

the first time i played was on easy just to get a feel for it, now im playing normal and aiming for under 5 hrs to get the unlimited ammo handgun and then progress to under 3 hrs and then when i know everything from head to toe i will go for the speedruns

newaiz, cheers for ur help :)

aintnoscrub

Premium

I can give you plenty of advice whe you do your speedrun, ive done a read run of REmake,directors cut, 2 and 3, and on each one im only minutes behind the current speedrun records.

Torque

awesome, just completed it again with a clear time of 3:20:11, not bad i reckon considering its my 2nd try , though i picked up stuff i didnt use much, shotgun ammo and ammo clips etc. but nonetheless still a good time and can be improved on. edging for a good time under 2.5 hours and needa practice my dodgin techniques, sumtimes i fool them, sometimes they fool me haha :p

wpstudart

Dodging is sometimes very hard, but when we learn it fully, We don't need to do anything else :lol:

aintnoscrub

Premium

If you wanna good time, definitely stick away from getting the MO disks, and saving chris/jill. Also you can skip the final tyrant fight..but i'll fill you in on that later, in fact i might do a thread about it, so any speedrunners can use it. or if someone else wants to make one i'll just add to it.

Torque

aintnoscrub;50224 said:
If you wanna good time, definitely stick away from getting the MO disks, and saving chris/jill.

yea, i for some reason still ended up getting them but in the end i never used em, alot of time wasted getting the MO discs

to skip the final tyrant fight, don't u let barry die and don't save chris? correct me if im wrong :/

on my 2nd run i had barry alive but didnt save chris, next time i shall not save any of them muahaha (im not mean :p)

aintnoscrub

Premium

Yeah don't save either of them, its the worst ending but you can skip the helipad fight which can save you anywhere between 5-15 minutes.

bruno

Chief Researcher

What key items do you have on your inventory/item box?
The shotgun puzzle isn't needed to complete the game and you can do it anytime, so you have to be more specific.
With Jill, what would be better for a speedrun, getting the shotgun after the trap room or getting richards. I think Richard's requires more time moving back and forward, but is it much more powerfull? I never saved richard, so i didn't try his shotgun.

Torque

bruno;51208 said:
What key items do you have on your inventory/item box?
The shotgun puzzle isn't needed to complete the game and you can do it anytime, so you have to be more specific.
With Jill, what would be better for a speedrun, getting the shotgun after the trap room or getting richards. I think Richard's requires more time moving back and forward, but is it much more powerfull? I never saved richard, so i didn't try his shotgun.

I'd say getting Richards, but that's just me. I think the assault shotgun pumps faster than the regular one, and has a slight boost in power, and holds more bullets. But in a way, i'd say just get the regular one, if you don't care about the ammo capacity of the assault shotty.

Top Bottom