• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Rank Your Favorite RE 4 Weapons

mjk321

1. Mine Thrower: it's basically a grenade launcher, with an equippable scope so you can snipe/blow up far away groups, and can home in when you get the special upgrade which can help with weird angle shots.

2. the Red-9: sheer fire power for a pistol and the 'ding' when reloading.

3. Broken Butterfly: again, sheer fire power and the reload

4. the bolt-action rifle: same as above

5. Striker: 100 ammo capacity and wide spread makes it a nice emergency shotgun

6. Knife: it's strong for what it is, and saves A LOT of ammo. also, can beat Krauser really easily with it.

Murrdogg93

1. Mine Thrower: it's basically a grenade launcher, with an equippable scope so you can snipe/blow up far away groups, and can home in when you get the special upgrade which can help with weird angle shots.

2. the Red-9: sheer fire power for a pistol and the 'ding' when reloading.

3. Broken Butterfly: again, sheer fire power and the reload

4. the bolt-action rifle: same as above

5. Striker: 100 ammo capacity and wide spread makes it a nice emergency shotgun

6. Knife: it's strong for what it is, and saves A LOT of ammo. also, can beat Krauser really easily with it.

Never saw anyone use the Mine Thrower before. I didn't use it in my first playthrough. My 2nd & 3rd playthrough, I have the Infinite Rocket Launcher lol.

I loved the Red 9 in my 3rd playthrough, which was my 1st playthrough with it.

Broken Butterfly was nice to chase off Krauser & It in my 1st run. Infinite Rocket Launcher made me unable to have a Magnum later.

Never tried Bolt Action Rifle upgraded. Usually stick with Semi Auto Rifle.

I actually prefer the Riot Gun over the Striker, due to the extended range. I find it having better knock back while protecting Ashley in the Wrecking Ball section.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
1. Bolt Action Rifle - my go to in any RE4 playthrough. This is generally my main weapon, especially in Professional.

2. Riot Gun - I think the extra distance and fast aiming is more valuable than spread or even capacity.

3. Handgun - the starter handgun, full upgraded, offer very high crit rates and headshots are what I do (hence using the bolt action rifle primarily).

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Y'all gonna think I'm nuts, but here is my list:

1 - Killer 7 - This is the most fun a guy can have in an RE game. You mow through enemies when you have the right amount of ammo. I still prefer it to the Broken Butterfly and BASICALLY any weapons in the game.

2 - Striker - I use my shotgun through most of the game and why not have the best one available to break shields, destroy heads, and take down heaps of Ganados in a second?

3 - Blacktail - It is fast and strong. I like my weapons to be the hybrid of the best stats and the Blacktail is the best handgun in my opinion if we don't accept the Magnums as handguns.

4 - Semi-Auto Rifle - A NECESSITY when you are facing against Regenerators/Iron Maidens. Like I said, it hybridizes speed/power/reload/magazine.

5 - Knife - So glad it doesn't break in this game! This is the best use of the knife in any of the games. It is actually useful!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Knife- So glad it doesn't break in this game! This is the best use of the knife in any of the games. It is actually useful!

The knife in CVX is pretty OP. In fact I think it was stronger in general in the earlier games. I only wish it's damage wasn't based on frame rates in the RE2 remake because it would help my speedruns tremendously if I could pwn the bosses with my knife on PS4 like you can on a good PC.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I hardly ever use the knife in a game where I have to actually equip it. I like having a subweapon attached like in RE4 and Dino Crisis 2. Makes my life easier.

I have actually been playing through RE4 for probably the 11th or 12th time in my lifetime and I have to say, the TMP is way stronger than I gave it credit for. At full strength, it blows heads RIGHT off within 10 shots (~1-2 seconds). I used it on Salazar's infected eye last night and it made him opon up within 6 seconds. With the Broken Butterfly to murder the Salazar body, I probably finished the whole section in about 35-40 seconds which I have never been able to do before.

A nice surprise.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I
I hardly ever use the knife in a game where I have to actually equip it. I like having a subweapon attached like in RE4 and Dino Crisis 2. Makes my life easier.

I have actually been playing through RE4 for probably the 11th or 12th time in my lifetime and I have to say, the TMP is way stronger than I gave it credit for. At full strength, it blows heads RIGHT off within 10 shots (~1-2 seconds). I used it on Salazar's infected eye last night and it made him opon up within 6 seconds. With the Broken Butterfly to murder the Salazar body, I probably finished the whole section in about 35-40 seconds which I have never been able to do before.

A nice surprise.
Used to love the TMP. I remember I used to use it a lot on Dr Salvadors. Super effective.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I

Used to love the TMP. I remember I used to use it a lot on Dr Salvadors. Super effective.

Oh yeah! Because I prefer using the Striker as my shotgun, I need something to do ample damage to a single enemy within attack range. The Striker clear out a group really quickly. But the TMP murders enemies within 1-2 seconds. It is nuts. And if you have the XL attache case, why not have it ready!

Reactions: Jen

Wesker90

Chicago Typewriter
Riot Gun
Bolt Action Rifle
TMP

IRL for when I want have some real fun destroying enemies lol.

Ridley Lockhart

The knife in CVX is pretty OP. In fact I think it was stronger in general in the earlier games. I only wish it's damage wasn't based on frame rates in the RE2 remake because it would help my speedruns tremendously if I could pwn the bosses with my knife on PS4 like you can on a good PC.
It really is OP. Which it better be considering if and when you play the Battle Mode as Wesker he only has but a knife. That was a tough run but i did it!

Okay as far as favorite weapons in RE4...

Striker
Killer 7
TMP w/ stock

Just those three and im good

Top Bottom