• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random thought

Rain611

You can't kill me.
So I was sitting on the couch watching my husband play REmake2 for the first time and he was tinkering with some of the Matilda upgrades, and it occurred to me...

One of my all time favorite movies is Leon The Professional in which Leon as played by Jean Reno, the main character, is a hit man who meets and mentors Matilda, as played by a very young Natalie Portman.

What do you think the chances are that this movie inspired the pairing? If memory serves the movie came out in 95/96 so it had plenty of exposure before any of the REs that Leon has been in came out.

I thought it was kind of cool anyway.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
This is an East Egg that has been established since RE4. I have never seen the film, so I always had to have it pointed out to me, so good work for you for finding it on your own!

In RE4, the hard mode of the game is Professional mode. Also, you can get the Matilda handgun in it as well.

So, the RE2 Easter Egg is named after both the movie and the RE4 reference as well!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
This is an East Egg that has been established since RE4. I have never seen the film, so I always had to have it pointed out to me, so good work for you for finding it on your own!

In RE4, the hard mode of the game is Professional mode. Also, you can get the Matilda handgun in it as well.

So, the RE2 Easter Egg is named after both the movie and the RE4 reference as well!

I hadn't even considered the fact that the hard mode in 4 was Professional but it definitely makes a lot more sense now.

And you should see it, it's very good. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Top Bottom