• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Raccoon Police Department story?

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Who went to the R.P.D. first? Clair and Leon? or Jill? The emergency ladder is up in RE3 nemesis, but all the doors are boarded up AND the statues are gone . Whats the story? I've looked it up on resident evil wiki, but I'm still very confused.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Since RE3 is said to begin one day before RE2 and end one day after (or at least I think that's what they say), and the RPD is one of the first buildings you visit in RE3, I suppose Jill was there first. Remember that Brad is also already a zombie when Leon and Claire get there. Of course it doesn't make sense that the doors are first boarded up and then suddenly electronically locked, but it wouldn't make more sense the other way around either.

One thing I've always wondered: Did Jill really just walk past her former workmate Marvin and not realise he was just unconscious, not dead or a zombie? Seems like the master of unlocking is not the master of observation.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
My headcanon has always been that by the time Jill arrives, there's still a group of police officers still alive and they have barricaded the majority of the police station. And Jill assumes Marvin is already dead, as she's in a hurry. After Jill exits, pursued by Nemesis, the remaining officers try to enact their escape plan, but all die as zombies and/or Irons destroys the barricades. Then Irons activates the electronic locks after everyone's already dead, probably to protect himself. Then some hours later, Leon and Claire arrive, Mr. X is dropped in, Irons kills the mayor's daughter and Ada arrives in search of the sewer/lab entrance.

I'm only going by the notes Leon and Claire find throughout the station left by the remaining officers, so a lot is just assumed on my end.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The order is, Outbreak File 2, 3, then 2. In Outbreak 2, Marvin gets bit. 3, Brad dies and Jill finds Marvin unconcious. In 2, Claire and Leon find Brad's zombie and kill a zombified Marvin.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The order is, Outbreak File 2, 3, then 2. In Outbreak 2, Marvin gets bit. 3, Brad dies and Jill finds Marvin unconcious. In 2, Claire and Leon find Brad's zombie and kill a zombified Marvin.
The Outbreak games have no relevance in this thread...And yes, that is the order, but the question here is how does it canonically work AND make sense. It really doesn't the way that Capcom puts it...However...
My headcanon has always been that by the time Jill arrives, there's still a group of police officers still alive and they have barricaded the majority of the police station. And Jill assumes Marvin is already dead, as she's in a hurry. After Jill exits, pursued by Nemesis, the remaining officers try to enact their escape plan, but all die as zombies and/or Irons destroys the barricades. Then Irons activates the electronic locks after everyone's already dead, probably to protect himself. Then some hours later, Leon and Claire arrive, Mr. X is dropped in, Irons kills the mayor's daughter and Ada arrives in search of the sewer/lab entrance.

I'm only going by the notes Leon and Claire find throughout the station left by the remaining officers, so a lot is just assumed on my end.
...This is brilliant. I had always just accepted it and moved on...But now I have new head canon!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
The Outbreak games have no relevance in this thread...And yes, that is the order, but the question here is how does it canonically work AND make sense. It really doesn't the way that Capcom puts it...However...

...This is brilliant. I had always just accepted it and moved on...But now I have new head canon!

The Outbreak games are related to 2 and 3, they're important. And what do you mean that isn't how Capcom put it? That's how the storyline goes.

Okay okay okay, you have your head canon, and you got mad at me for saying DSC and UC are canon to me? I think you just don't like me. xD

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
And I think you are just overreacting.
Kennedy didn't say "That isn't how Capcom put it", he basically said "The way Capcom put it doesn't make sense", and he's right about that.
Also, the Outbreak games might be related to RE2 and 3, but that's not what the original poster asked, so in this thread it's not relevant. Doesn't mean it's not relevant in general.
And now, if you desperately need to think that I dislike you because I tried to clarify this, go ahead. I can't stop you anyway, but my advice to you would be not to always flip out just because someone doesn't agree with you.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Its possible that the ladder is just a gameplay device and shouldnt be considered in the story.
As to who went their first, i would say Jill and should assume that the resr of the police force are elsewhere with some trying to barricade the building but obviously unsuccessfully.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
And I think you are just overreacting.
Kennedy didn't say "That isn't how Capcom put it", he basically said "The way Capcom put it doesn't make sense", and he's right about that.
Also, the Outbreak games might be related to RE2 and 3, but that's not what the original poster asked, so in this thread it's not relevant. Doesn't mean it's not relevant in general.
And now, if you desperately need to think that I dislike you because I tried to clarify this, go ahead. I can't stop you anyway, but my advice to you would be not to always flip out just because someone doesn't agree with you.

... What? He didn't say sense so I was confused, and the Outbreak games lead to certain parts of 2 and 3, which I thought was kind of important to this thread, because it makes more sense than just saying Marvin was bit and not having any sources.
I was joking, and I wasn't even talking to you... I don't flip out, I just explain what I'm thinking, and it's not when people don't agree with me, it's when people are saying I'm wrong about a series I've been playing almost my whole life.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
... What? He didn't say sense so I was confused, and the Outbreak games lead to certain parts of 2 and 3, which I thought was kind of important to this thread, because it makes more sense than just saying Marvin was bit and not having any sources.
I was joking, and I wasn't even talking to you... I don't flip out, I just explain what I'm thinking, and it's not when people don't agree with me, it's when people are saying I'm wrong about a series I've been playing almost my whole life.
Talking to her or not, this is a forum. She's free to jump in and say whatever she would like...As long as it's not offensive that is...

As for relevance, you can play the ENTIRETY of the the numbered games, and not play Outbreak at ALL and still understand EVERYTHING. You already know in RE2 that he was bit. You don't have to SEE it happen to know it. Therefore, it's not relevant. That would be like me saying "Hey, I bought a shoe!" And me saying "Hey, I bought a black shoe!" No matter what you get the same info. One just gives a LITTLE more detail that doesn't change ANYTHING important.

The Darkening Sea

Since RE3 is said to begin one day before RE2 and end one day after (or at least I think that's what they say), and the RPD is one of the first buildings you visit in RE3, I suppose Jill was there first. Remember that Brad is also already a zombie when Leon and Claire get there. Of course it doesn't make sense that the doors are first boarded up and then suddenly electronically locked, but it wouldn't make more sense the other way around either.

One thing I've always wondered: Did Jill really just walk past her former workmate Marvin and not realise he was just unconscious, not dead or a zombie? Seems like the master of unlocking is not the master of observation.

Better yet why is Jill running around the zombie horde streets dressed in a mini black skirt and blue boob tube, like some cheap stripper? Would you really leave your apartment for the last time looking like that? Does the justice-fighting woman not have any self respect?

The Darkening Sea

I've got a better explanation: Inconsistency

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Talking to her or not, this is a forum. She's free to jump in and say whatever she would like...As long as it's not offensive that is...

As for relevance, you can play the ENTIRETY of the the numbered games, and not play Outbreak at ALL and still understand EVERYTHING. You already know in RE2 that he was bit. You don't have to SEE it happen to know it. Therefore, it's not relevant. That would be like me saying "Hey, I bought a shoe!" And me saying "Hey, I bought a black shoe!" No matter what you get the same info. One just gives a LITTLE more detail that doesn't change ANYTHING important.

I know, but she made it seem like I was talking to her.

It just gives you more insight into how he got bit in the first place. I can't believe there's a whole argument because I decided to add more detail.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know, but she made it seem like I was talking to her.

It just gives you more insight into how he got bit in the first place. I can't believe there's a whole argument because I decided to add more detail.
But it's detail that wasn't needed at all. If the original poster didn't even ASK about the Outbreak games, Only asked about 2 and 3, and you can give an explanation ONLY using 2 and 3, then don't throw in other games that don't need to be there. You're only going to potentially confuse the Original Poster even more...It wasn't a contest of "Who knows more about RE" it was a question of "Who enters the police station first?" and Outbreak really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with that.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
But it's detail that wasn't needed at all. If the original poster didn't even ASK about the Outbreak games, Only asked about 2 and 3, and you can give an explanation ONLY using 2 and 3, then don't throw in other games that don't need to be there. You're only going to potentially confuse the Original Poster even more...It wasn't a contest of "Who knows more about RE" it was a question of "Who enters the police station first?" and Outbreak really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with that.

Just because the original poster didn't specifically ask about the Outbreak games doesn't mean they aren't relevant. It's not like I went on a whole rant about those games randomly.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just because the original poster didn't specifically ask about the Outbreak games doesn't mean they aren't relevant. It's not like I went on a whole rant about those games randomly.
But you basically did. The questions was simply "Who went to the Police Station First" so how is Outbreak relevant to that at all?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
And I just added that it was a dumb idea to do that...

It wasn't a dumb idea, I think it's just the way I said it and didn't explain everything. I'll redo it.

Jill was there before Leon and Claire. Brad died and she found Marvin only unconcious because he got bit, and Leon and Claire found Brad's zombie and Marvin turned into a zombie. The ladder is up probably because during Outbreak, maybe to stop zombies after Kevin went outside, somebody took the ladder up (only thing that makes sense, really), and probably in between cutscenes and gameplay Marvin, Kevin, and other people boarded up the doors. The statues are unexplained.

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
People, I like everyone's input on this thread. I don't care if the outbreak games are thrown in there for more details, because I want to know the entire story. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but everyone please get along! We are a rare breed of video gamers, we need to treat each other like so!

Top Bottom