• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 R.I.P RESIDENT EVIL 1996-2009..

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I dont mind the more action orientated horror game. RE5 imo had a bad campaign but the Mercenaries mode was so deep, and had so much to learn I am still playing it three years later.
My main concerns are with the poor camera placement and bad aiming, I enjoyed RE5 control scheme so much, i dont mind walking when shootings its just the character seemed to react so accurately in Re5 and you need that level of accuracy when playing a game where microseconds count, in Mercenaries. Im just worried with some of the bad hit detection , the auto aim jiggling the crosshair around, tripping over dead/unawake bodies, and the bad aiming angle that Mercenaries will be awkward and won't hold my attention as long. But i hope the finished game proved me wrong.
I know the Re5 demo got hundreds of playthroughs at my house, but Re6 demo only played about 10 times...

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Its not like they r just blindly going on, they made the Leon campaign like it is to satisfy the old school fans, play at least that and then say u dislike the game. Leon's campaign has the atmosphere, it has those jump scares and it has puzzles, plenty of them at that. Ohh and up the difficulty to Veteran but not Pro, closest ull get to the difficulty of the old ones.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
For some reason I get the feeling that RE6 is kind of like market research for Capcom. It's like they're trying three different styles of game, and seeing which the buyers respond best to, so that they can see which direction they think they should take the game. For instance, I've just seen them asking which campaign people preferred to play in the demo, and the one in the lead by far at the moment is Leon's. Perhaps this is just my strange take on it though. :p

BranBran

I forgot that puzzles made a video game survival horror! :eek: Anyways, things change. If you don't like it then that's cool, but I don't think you should come here and complain about to people that do still love this game. I can't wait for 11 more days!!!!! :D

sbr999

I'm very disappointed with the demo to the point that im not going to buy the game I bought every Resident evil title out there I even played RE dead aim.
RE is supposed to be a survival horror game that is all about running from zombies , searching for ammo and solving puzzles , but this game its like Call of duty black ops zombies!! why in the hell do zombies carry weapons ? a cover system REALLY CAPCOM REALLY !!! Why killing such an awesome story and awesome characters.
You ruined Chris's story in RE 5 and now you are planning to ruin Leon's hell not just Leon's story the entire game..
When i first heard its the NEXT real RE and it has number "6" I thought this game is ganna be a triple A game not a cheesy TPS trying to copy COD/gears of war to please teenagers when its rated M.
BUT I WAS WRONG.VERY VERY WRONG.

I tend to agree with you on several points, but:
-cover system was a necessary step, since Capcom introduced gun-wielding enemies (which I'm not really fond of, though)
-Taking successful elements from other games is not a bad thing, as long as it fits into your game/endresult is good. (Example: Sleeping Dogs, it 'borrows' so many elements from different franchises, I can't even count)
-story-wise I don't think the game is that bad, except for RE4, that one had minimal story. But RE5 added a lot more to the RE universe.

I'd be happier, if the game was less action-focused single player-wise, and if Capcom wanted to attract so much FPS/TPS fans, then they should have improved the Mercenaries mode more.
That way they could have pleased the old and new fans as well:
horror--->single player
action--->multiplayer.
But since the game is pretty much all-out-action now, the single player is practicly Mercenaries mode without timer.

Just my thought ^^

ToCool74

Veteran Member
COD... COD... i swear i seen a discussion about people relating the new gen RE games to COD, and went over some things(can't find it unfortunately) But it's understandable.

I think a more accurate comparison would be Gears of War.

Especially when comparing it to Chris's part of the game.

Popo

I liked Leon's demo, apart from the fact that theres still some dumbass partner following you around.
But this makes me think, if they brought back zombies because of the fans, could you imagine what the game would be like without Leon's campaign? Complete s**t in my opinion(as a Resident Evil)! But still, I'm just saying this based on what I saw on the demo.
My question is, why does the story have to continue?? It should have ended with Resident evil 3 imho.

And all that evolving and stuff, I don't consider what they have done evolving.
Evolving is what is done for example with GTA, each game has more options and more stuff to do(GTA San Andreas was the peak, apart from the graphics), different stories, but the rest of the game is still the same, it still has what makes us call it a "GTA". But what they have done with Resident Evil, they took away all of the "essence" that makes the game a Resident Evil! Low ammo; slow and dumb but very strong zombies; Puzzles(having to READ the fu***ng files to know what to do); the camera angles; the terrifying soundtrack, all of this IS what made the game a "Resident Evil"

Beserk

I would pay gold for playing to a new survival horror of Resident Evil... be terrorized at each corner, use the brain to continue the play and be thankful to heaven when you find some bullets.
But I don't care, I repeat, I don't care if Resident Evil is become an action game. I will play it the same because I love the story behind Resident Evil, not the game's genre.

After this, if one day will there a new Resident Evil made like a survival horror, you can be sure that I will not wait the release, but I will go to steal it directly at the Capcom!

Please tell me if I done some grammar mistake.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I'm very disappointed with the demo to the point that im not going to buy the game I bought every Resident evil title out there I even played RE dead aim.
RE is supposed to be a survival horror game that is all about running from zombies , searching for ammo and solving puzzles , but this game its like Call of duty black ops zombies!! why in the hell do zombies carry weapons ? a cover system REALLY CAPCOM REALLY !!! Why killing such an awesome story and awesome characters.
You ruined Chris's story in RE 5 and now you are planning to ruin Leon's hell not just Leon's story the entire game..
When i first heard its the NEXT real RE and it has number "6" I thought this game is ganna be a triple A game not a cheesy TPS trying to copy COD/gears of war to please teenagers when its rated M.
BUT I WAS WRONG.VERY VERY WRONG.
-u were in diapers when the first games even came out.....Resident evil 6 combines the best parts of all the games into one, you obviously havent done your homework on this new title and wouldnt learn anything from a demo

Solidabd

running from zombies? erm, RE2 - Mr. X, William Birkin. RE3 - Nemesis. are they zombies? NO. searching for ammo? lol shouldn't it be searching for a way out? solving puzzles? i don't really think RE has an actual puzzles, only few of them, but most of it were just collect A and B to get to C.
you expect RE no need for change? just look what happen to Outbreak #2 for being a recycled game. no improvement or whatsoever except for the graphics models and textures. with all the same crap TANK controls that doesn't have any different with all the characters, no abilities and so on. just the same model with different skins. same kind of "puzzles" on each games.
you think Survival Horror is just about zombies, conserve ammo and solve puzzles? get real. zombies carry weapons? so? Doom 3 done that and it's still scary as ****. zombies in RE6 mostly carry melee weapons, only J'avo that carry guns, and J'avo is NOT zombies.
you can shoot but you can't cover? that's quite ridiculous for a non-fps game except for a game that has less guns like example Silent Hill. some more, in RE6, we got government agents, soldiers, for someone like that can't take a cover are just funny and retarded at the same time.
if it weren't for RE4, then there's no such thing as Gears of War, Dead Space, end up like it supposed to be. probably just a third person with no over-the-shoulder camera and have a crappy animation.

if you create an account just to hate, whining and trolling about the game THAT ISN'T COME OUT yet, you better just don't. it's stupid actually.

I didn't join to hate I came to the RE forums to give my opinion and Its my right cause I invested lot of time and money in this franchise and If you don't like my opinion It doesn't make It a "hate" or a "troll" you are a 20-year- old guy and I think its time to learn how to discuses a subject respectfully ,hear others and respect their opinion.
RE 4,5, operation recon city and 6 are basically the same (game play wise ) does that make them "recycled games"? NO.
Changes are always welcomed like (graphics , new characters , new weapons , new story line and new game play) except if these changes are intended to transform a survival horror game to a "shoot as many enemies as you can " game.
What I meant by "running from zombies"is that you are always on the run you are alone most of the time, always threatened and barely SURVIVING.
All I'm ganna say about the zombies or J'avo that carry weapons is LOL .
The cover system is a prove that Capcom is trying to make RE a shooter game to please the teenagers and FPS fans.
Wait wait what ? "If it weren't for RE4, then there's no such thing as Gears of War, Dead Space, end up like it supposed to be. probably just a third person with no over-the-shoulder camera and have a crappy animation"
you just crapped on the most talented dev. studios in the gaming industry.
One last thing RESIDENT EVIL IS ABOUT ZOMBIES AND RESIDENT EVIL IS A SURVIVAL HORROR SO....SURVIVAL HORROR IN RESIDENT EVIL IS ABOUT ZOMBIES.

Howard

Hero of the alspark
I didn't join to hate I came to the RE forums to give my opinion and Its my right cause I invested lot of time and money in this franchise and If you don't like my opinion It doesn't make It a "hate" or a "troll" you are a 20-year- old guy and I think its time to learn how to discuses a subject respectfully ,hear others and respect their opinion.
RE 4,5, operation recon city and 6 are basically the same (game play wise ) does that make them "recycled games"? NO.
Changes are always welcomed like (graphics , new characters , new weapons , new story line and new game play) except if these changes are intended to transform a survival horror game to a "shoot as many enemies as you can " game.
What I meant by "running from zombies"is that you are always on the run you are alone most of the time, always threatened and barely SURVIVING.
The cover system is a prove that Capcom is trying to make RE a shooter game to please the teenagers and FPS fans.
Wait wait what ? "If it weren't for RE4, then there's no such thing as Gears of War, Dead Space, end up like it supposed to be. probably just a third person with no over-the-shoulder camera and have a crappy animation"
you just crapped on the most talented dev. studios in the gaming industry.
One last thing RESIDENT EVIL IS ABOUT ZOMBIES AND RESIDENT EVIL IS A SURVIVAL HORROR SO....SURVIVAL HORROR IN RESIDENT EVIL IS ABOUT ZOMBIES.
Actually that's when your wrong junior, Resident Evil is about trying to stay alive..

Arachnid

Actually that's when your wrong junior, Resident Evil is about trying to stay alive..
And it was never about any specific monster. It's always been about specific characters doing their best to survive and avert a crisis with a plethora of different BOWs. Zombie's were some of the main BOW, but they were always just a distraction from the bigger BOWs. That's even how it was in RE1-3. That, IMO, is what Resident Evil is all about. That's why I believe RE4 (and RE5, to a point) didn't stray too much from the core RE concept.

Howard

Hero of the alspark
And it was never about any specific monster. It's always been about specific characters doing their best to survive and avert a crisis with a plethora of different BOWs. Zombie's were some of the main BOW, but they were always just a distraction from the bigger BOWs. That's even how it was in RE1-3. That, IMO, is what Resident Evil is all about. That's why I believe RE4 (and RE5, to a point) didn't stray too much from the core RE concept.
Thank You Arachnid for doing your RE homework.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Its about the story of the characters, the struggle against the viruses and their mutations, the characters belief of HOPE......

DarkJackal

Only played the dragons dogma demo so far. the only thing that disappointed me was blowing half a zombies head off and it wasn't dead.

But I am quite disappointed where the story has gone since 4. 4 was a great game and all, but I much preferred t/g virus scenarios over plagas. And to me dumb enemies like the axe men, or the terminator b.o.w from Jakes campaign, seem more syfy movie then RE.

Lighten up on the random drops from barrels and enemies, and get rid of shops to buy guns from I think would be a bit more survival horrorish. Think i'd much rather find a grenade launcher in a locker then buying it when I find enough coins. Though upgrading the guns you find is still nice I guess, xp could work. Or as in RE2, find parts and combine em.

Its just all about action and satisfying the masses now tho unfortunately.

zeroskaterz92

RE1, RE2, RE3, RE Code Veronica, RE Outbreak, RE Outbreak #2, basically they were all the same **** over and over again. it's great until Code Veronica, when it comes to Outbreak, it's good but kinda repetitive, but when Outbreak #2 released, it's just crappy all over again. Tyrant from RE1 was basically the same as Birkin and Mr. X in RE2 - movement, attack, etc. except for model skins. Nemesis in RE3, still the same model but they added something new to the character so that it doesn't feel recycled. however Tyrant in Code Veronica, they using the same thing over again, and it's getting bored, the same move, the same attack.

basically surviving has many way, not just by "always alone", logically if you have someone with you, would you rather go alone or would you rather going on group? Outbreak makes the game more logically than the previous games, as you're going in group, trying to survive, back each other up, never going alone or you'll get ****ed by the zombies.

as far as i know, most FPS games, including CoD, MoH, Battlefield (except for F.E.A.R. 3 & Deus Ex: Human Revolution) doesn't have cover system AT ALL (cuz it's first person, no point having cover cuz you won't really see the cover animation). or do you not know what FPS and what TPS are?
first person shooting games and third person shooting games has different kind of feel and it doesn't please most teenagers.

go play back all the classic games and tell me if RE is just about zombies. as far as i know, it's more concentrating about virus outbreak. that's why the Japanese title is BIOHAZARD, so people get the idea of what it is.

Top Bottom