• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 R.I.P RESIDENT EVIL 1996-2009..

Solidabd

I'm very disappointed with the demo to the point that im not going to buy the game I bought every Resident evil title out there I even played RE dead aim.
RE is supposed to be a survival horror game that is all about running from zombies , searching for ammo and solving puzzles , but this game its like Call of duty black ops zombies!! why in the hell do zombies carry weapons ? a cover system REALLY CAPCOM REALLY !!! Why killing such an awesome story and awesome characters.
You ruined Chris's story in RE 5 and now you are planning to ruin Leon's hell not just Leon's story the entire game..
When i first heard its the NEXT real RE and it has number "6" I thought this game is ganna be a triple A game not a cheesy TPS trying to copy COD/gears of war to please teenagers when its rated M.
BUT I WAS WRONG.VERY VERY WRONG.

Steve Burnside

Rockfort Prison, Detainee 0267
I'm very disappointed with the demo to the point that im not going to buy the game I bought every Resident evil title out there I even played RE dead aim.
RE is supposed to be a survival horror game that is all about running from zombies , searching for ammo and solving puzzles , but this game its like Call of duty black ops zombies!! why in the hell do zombies carry weapons ? a cover system REALLY CAPCOM REALLY !!! Why killing such an awesome story and awesome characters.
You ruined Chris's story in RE 5 and now you are planning to ruin Leon's hell not just Leon's story the entire game..
When i first heard its the NEXT real RE and it has number "6" I thought this game is ganna be a triple A game not a cheesy TPS trying to copy COD/gears of war to please teenagers when its rated M.
Excuse me sir, I believe the survival horror video gaming franchise of Resident Evil died in 2002..

svp

they needed a change of pace.....I agree with u, the old way was better, but the reality is SHOOTERS SELL AND ARE MORE MAINSTREAM! therefore, more ppl buy into that crap even though it totally doesn't compare to the older titles. sorry bro :(

zeroskaterz92

running from zombies? erm, RE2 - Mr. X, William Birkin. RE3 - Nemesis. are they zombies? NO. searching for ammo? lol shouldn't it be searching for a way out? solving puzzles? i don't really think RE has an actual puzzles, only few of them, but most of it were just collect A and B to get to C.
you expect RE no need for change? just look what happen to Outbreak #2 for being a recycled game. no improvement or whatsoever except for the graphics models and textures. with all the same crap TANK controls that doesn't have any different with all the characters, no abilities and so on. just the same model with different skins. same kind of "puzzles" on each games.
you think Survival Horror is just about zombies, conserve ammo and solve puzzles? get real. zombies carry weapons? so? Doom 3 done that and it's still scary as ****. zombies in RE6 mostly carry melee weapons, only J'avo that carry guns, and J'avo is NOT zombies.
you can shoot but you can't cover? that's quite ridiculous for a non-fps game except for a game that has less guns like example Silent Hill. some more, in RE6, we got government agents, soldiers, for someone like that can't take a cover are just funny and retarded at the same time.
if it weren't for RE4, then there's no such thing as Gears of War, Dead Space, end up like it supposed to be. probably just a third person with no over-the-shoulder camera and have a crappy animation.

if you create an account just to hate, whining and trolling about the game THAT ISN'T COME OUT yet, you better just don't. it's stupid actually.

JeffreyScott13

You do realize you can do that in Leons. Just up the difficulty. You get less ammo, and health. Also surviving will be hard as hell. I mean these are new bio-weapons. Wouldn't it be a tad bit redundant if they were so easily dispatched? So they are designed to be much more difficult; so far as to cause more damage. I mean yes we're entitled to our own opinions. But scientifically, and logically it makes more sense for them to advance the virus to make them do more damage via-weapons, leaping, running, and mutating. Also the PlayStation magazine in Italy says that the puzzles in this game are actually difficult. Running from point A to point B then to point D, and suddenly to point C that you didn't even know about. So all in all its a new approach, and I think we should give them credit. They worked hard, had some creative ideas. Why look at the negative? When you can look at all the positive? Fact is: its the future; 2012-2013. Not 1998.

Steve Burnside

running from zombies? erm, RE2 - Mr. X, William Birkin. RE3 - Nemesis. are they zombies? NO. searching for ammo? lol shouldn't it be searching for a way out? solving puzzles? i don't really think RE has an actual puzzles, only few of them, but most of it were just collect A and B to get to C.
you expect RE no need for change? just look what happen to Outbreak #2 for being a recycled game. no improvement or whatsoever except for the graphics models and textures. with all the same crap TANK controls that doesn't have any different with all the characters, no abilities and so on. just the same model with different skins. same kind of "puzzles" on each games.
you think Survival Horror is just about zombies, conserve ammo and solve puzzles? get real. zombies carry weapons? so? Doom 3 done that and it's still scary as ****. zombies in RE6 mostly carry melee weapons, only J'avo that carry guns, and J'avo is NOT zombies.
you can shoot but you can't cover? that's quite ridiculous for a non-fps game except for a game that has less guns like example Silent Hill. some more, in RE6, we got government agents, soldiers, for someone like that can't take a cover are just funny and retarded at the same time.
if it weren't for RE4, then there's no such thing as Gears of War, Dead Space, end up like it supposed to be. probably just a third person with no over-the-shoulder camera and have a crappy animation.

if you create an account just to hate, whining and trolling about the game THAT ISN'T COME OUT yet, you better just don't. it's stupid actually.
Yes, but the ones you mentioned were BOSSES, not enemies, (which are zombies that you had to run from...) Yes, Resident Evil (the classics) have had all sorts of puzzles (some like what you said, A+B=C) but there were lots of others that were more complicated. From what I've read, what I think our friend here is trying to say, is that Resident Evil has changed/evolved into a game that should no longer be associated with the same title, that once had to do with actual SURVIVAL horror. (Which had limited ammo, that you had to search everywhere for, but also conserve, having to run away from zombies, to save health (AkA: Conserve herbs/sprays, to use when you actually need them in boss fights, or you're screwed), to add to that, even things like the Ink Ribbon, which you also had to conserve, or you were basically screwed... Hey, maybe that's a COMPLETELY different idea from what he was talking about, but for myself, I miss it when the games had 'charm', as in rookie/nooby characters that you grew to love, rather than government agents (With ninja-like abilities xD) and soldiers/pros, shooting J'avo/Majini/Las Plagas things, that can ride motorcycles, and carry machine guns. :l

Solidabd

they needed a change of pace.....I agree with u, the old way was better, but the reality is SHOOTERS SELL AND ARE MORE MAINSTREAM! therefore, more ppl buy into that crap even though it totally doesn't compare to the older titles. sorry bro :([/
this is what lot of ppl think "shooter games sale better than any other genra "
uncharted , cod , bf3 , borderland 2, spc ops the line and lot more all of them are shooter games came out between this september and the last september everybody are making shooter ! If everybody make the exact same product of course its ganna sell well...Dead space 2 was the only true survival horror that came out in two years and it sold well and dead space is a new IP compaired to RE.

Reactions: svp

Steve Burnside

You do realize you can do that in Leons. Just up the difficulty. You get less ammo, and health. Also surviving will be hard as hell. I mean these are new bio-weapons. Wouldn't it be a tad bit redundant if they were so easily dispatched? So they are designed to be much more difficult; so far as to cause more damage. I mean yes we're entitled to our own opinions. But scientifically, and logically it makes more sense for them to advance the virus to make them do more damage via-weapons, leaping, running, and mutating. Also the PlayStation magazine in Italy says that the puzzles in this game are actually difficult. Running from point A to point B then to point D, and suddenly to point C that you didn't even know about. So all in all its a new approach, and I think we should give them credit. They worked hard, had some creative ideas. Why look at the negative? When you can look at all the positive? Fact is: its the future; 2012-2013. Not 1998.
I'm proud for CAPCOM, to even bother continuing the series, I just wish it wasn't so much like CoD ... Or maybe that's just Chris's demo and I'm wrong, but I just miss the way the games used to be, when I was actually scared to play them, even when they had the graphics of the pixilated 90's look. xD The main thing that I'm getting at here, is that the game isn't scary anymore, and it's slowly dying/going Action-Horror...

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
I'm proud for CAPCOM, to even bother continuing the series, I just wish it wasn't so much like CoD ... Or maybe that's just Chris's demo and I'm wrong, but I just miss the way the games used to be, when I was actually scared to play them, even when they had the graphics of the pixilated 90's look. xD The main thing that I'm getting at here, is that the game isn't scary anymore, and it's slowly dying/going Action-Horror...
COD... COD... i swear i seen a discussion about people relating the new gen RE games to COD, and went over some things(can't find it unfortunately) But it's understandable.

They either had to take the new route, or RE was finished, as time goes on, so does the technology, games, everything, it sucks but we all just have to make due with it.

Solidabd

They did not "evolve"the idea behind RE they totally changed it from a survival horror game to a shooter game,Look at uncharted 1 and 2 that is an evolution..

Steve Burnside

COD... COD... i swear i seen a discussion about people relating the new gen RE games to COD, and went over some things(can't find it unfortunately) But it's understandable.

They either had to take the new route, or RE was finished, as time goes on, so does the technology, games, everything, it sucks but we all just have to make due with it.
To be honest, I would have rather of had RE die as a survival horror game, rather than for it to keep going, and slowly turn into something that the original producers of the game didn't intend for it to be. I know I'll probably get stoned for that, but I really miss the old games, that were actually scary to play, had fair shares of original characters, (unlike now, with CAPCOM recycling Chris and Leon over and over), and having charm, and uniqueness, that a lot of other games didn't have at the time.

Solidabd

To be honest, I would have rather of had RE die as a survival horror game, rather than for it to keep going, and slowly turn into something that the original producers of the game didn't intend for it to be. I know I'll probably get stoned for that, but I really miss the old games, that were actually scary to play, had fair shares of original characters, (unlike now, with CAPCOM recycling Chris and Leon over and over), and having charm, and uniqueness, that a lot of other games didn't have at the time.
AGREEEEEEE

Xi.

G-Infected Canadian Bacon
I hear you, and we all do, but like i said before, as the times go on, we got no choice but go go with it.

Steve Burnside

I hear you, and we all do, but like i said before, as the times go on, we got no choice but go go with it.
Yeah I know .. I still love Resident Evil, but I will always be a diehard fan of the games that started the series, but with saying that, CAPCOM really left the true and original fans in the dust, especially with turning the genre, but most of all, screwing the future games over, by never going to reintroduce the old and classic characters back in into the series. With me, for example, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to return in another game, since the original fans were left with such a cliff-hanger ending between Wesker, Claire, and myself ... Dx I seriously doubt anyone remembers me though, so I'm not sure if CAPCOM will ever tell us. D:

zeroskaterz92

well, code veronica set the pace different, you fight a B.O.W. and it's not bosses. heck, you fight the man-plant (idk the name), Lickers, Hunters.
and you need to know that Virus are changing every second or minute, it doesn't have a fixed compound.

let's just say, if you want to rule the world, would you want to make a virus that turn into mindless zombies or into something that you can give order to? J'avo/Majini/Plagas are the example of that. you wouldn't want a T-virus zombies as your minion, no? cuz they just might end up eating you even tho you created them. Umbrella company, an evil company, creating a virus that turn human into mindless zombies? where they can't even control them, how they wanna take over the world? by alter and change the virus, thus C-virus is born, and you can actually control them.
that's just what happen in Damnation (if you can control the B.O.W., you can control the world) and RE4 (Saddler want to turn the US President into one of his minion, so that he can control US).

They did not "evolve"the idea behind RE they totally changed it from a survival horror game to a shooter game,Look at uncharted 1 and 2 that is an evolution..
Uncharted isn't actually an evolution, it's also were inspired from what Tomb Raider had done before (puzzles, explore dungeon-underground-world-etc, treasures). the main core is still the same, it's just set the pace different.
if it's from 2D view to 3D view game, that's what i would call evolution. because it has a totally different feel.

Steve Burnside

Well, from what I remember, the Umbrella Coorperation, and the villains that started the game, and influenced the Coorperation (William, Annette, Wesker, Alexia, Alexander, and even Ozwell are all dead), so I really see no point in continuing the games, if CAPCOM is just going to have a new villain added into the series within every next game or two... :/

TomVinPrice

Mercenary
To be fair, no one should have ever expected RE6 to be scary or creepy.

Let's be real here, it's not going to go back to horror anytime soon. I want RE6 because of the story, the characters, and the fun of kicking the **** out of zombies with my friends.

I guess different people look for different things in a game though.

Top Bottom