• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Puzzles: Does anyone miss them? Are they needed?

Are puzzles needed in Resident Evil 6?

• -Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • -No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Actually, I think that was the one which made more sense in the context of the game (although it was insanely difficult). The train puzzle itself was also a good concept (although it took too long to gather all the pieces).
I'm talking about that clock in the city hall gate, the battery in the mayor's statue, the fountain, etc.

I was originally going to say the clock in the city hall gate, but I was having a hard time remembering where it was since it had been a long time since I played. I also forgot about the other two you mentioned.

Popo

i miss puzzles, if the game is just action, it is complete s**t, it's supposed to be a resident evil, a survival horror game, take amnesia for example, one of the most terrifying games i've ever played and it had tons of puzzles, the mixture of both horror and puzzles are what made the first resident evils great for me.

sbr999

Actually, I think that was the one which made more sense in the context of the game (although it was insanely difficult). The train puzzle itself was also a good concept (although it took too long to gather all the pieces).
I'm talking about that clock in the city hall gate, the battery in the mayor's statue, the fountain, etc.
The fountain was a tourist attraction or something, so I think it was good ^^
The clock at the city hall was a timed mechanism to open the door, it was explained in one of the documents (I think)
The mayor's statue puzzle didn't make sense, though. I agree with you on that.

i miss puzzles, if the game is just action, it is complete s**t, it's supposed to be a resident evil, a survival horror game, take amnesia for example, one of the most terrifying games i've ever played and it had tons of puzzles, the mixture of both horror and puzzles are what made the first resident evils great for me.

I completely agree with you.
Resident Evil has lost most of its' characteristics already. I hope at least the puzzles will stay.

zombinater007

Puzzles is what makes Resident Evil so much fun and intense and brings out the survival horror, although with their step to making future RE games action not horror, it would be a shame to lose the puzzle concept

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Puzzles is what makes Resident Evil so much fun and intense and brings out the survival horror, although with their step to making future RE games action not horror, it would be a shame to lose the puzzle concept
I don't think the puzzles is what makes it survival horror...In the case of the old games at least, it was the tight spaces, dark atmosphere, limited ammo, limited health, and the fact that you were all alone...The puzzles just added a bit of spice, and while it worked very nicely, wasn't what MADE the game survival horror...

zombinater007

I don't think the puzzles is what makes it survival horror...In the case of the old games at least, it was the tight spaces, dark atmosphere, limited ammo, limited health, and the fact that you were all alone...The puzzles just added a bit of spice, and while it worked very nicely, wasn't what MADE the game survival horror...
You are right. i was half-asleep when i posted that it. Puzzles do make the game intense though, especially ones that if you dont do them in time, it results in death

TheWall

Tension is what a survival horror game is about. Limited ammo hordes of zombies is the best. But the sinking roof in the mansion after you take the shotgun is up there too. As long as the puzzle feel like they could happen then that makes the game even better.

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
It's not a straight forward yes/no to me. It depends on the pacing of the campaign. In the more action orientated campaign of Chris, then no, they're not. They detract from the experience because you're trying to solve a rubiks cube while being shot at.
In Leon's campaign then yes, they're definitely needed!

svp

I personally liked the creepy music when u entered a puzzle room in Remake. that never got old, I would look on the map before I entered, depending on the size of the room, u were ether going to fight or solve a puzzle. "door finally opens" "creepy music starts" puzzle room Yes!! :cool:

Doddledandy

In support of Albert Wesker.
I enjoyed the puzzles, but they're not essential to have in order to convey a certain "feel" to the story. If they decide to get rid of puzzles altogether, it won't affect my choice to buy the game.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I don't know if I'd necessarily say they're needed, but they will definitely be missed if not present. I have to say though, as much as I always enjoyed the puzzles, I never found them at all challenging. :/

Top Bottom