• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Potential RE9 plot [SPOILERS]

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I posted this elsewhere but it’s something that caught my eye when a user on twitter pointed it out. We all know Capcom is already working on RE9, so I’m sure they’ve got some great ideas/concepts in the works already. While this could be a case of reused assets, it could also be something much more insidious that the BSAA is up to. At the end of Village we see that the BSAA soldier’s corpse on the helicopter is also a BOW. Chris appears stricken with both anger and shock, and we’re left with a cliffhanger; A promise he’ll get to the bottom of what the BSAA has been up to.

Here’s the post showing/explaining that the BOW soldier is also Chris’ model. Of course, capcom has been known to reuse assets in the past and in Village, but using a main character’s model, especially for the BOW is a bit strange.

My theory is they’re using his DNA to create super soldiers. I mean, who better to use than Chris Redfield, one of the founding members of the BSAA and one of the original survivors of the mansion incident? I know, it sounds like a crackpot theory, and you can all call me a kook if you’d like ( i’ve posted crazier theories before lmao ) but this isn’t the first time capcom has dabbled in clones... (Carla Radames, anyone?)

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Not to mention the Chris clone in the original Revelations trailer and it was said that Village originally started as Revelations 3 which could mean ideas from that series did end up making their way into the final game. It's an intriguing theory, but I personally don't know how I feel about the whole BSAA turning evil thing yet, let alone making Chris clones. Last thing we need is for Chris to become Shadow the Hedgehog, though I suppose he already is with how edgy they keep making him...

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Not to mention the Chris clone in the original Revelations trailer and it was said that Village originally started as Revelations 3 which could mean ideas from that series did end up making their way into the final game. It's an intriguing theory, but I personally don't know how I feel about the whole BSAA turning evil thing yet, let alone making Chris clones. Last thing we need is for Chris to become Shadow the Hedgehog, though I suppose he already is with how edgy they keep making him...
That’s right! I totally forgot about that part they cut from Revelations 1! I always wanted to know WTF was going on there, and of course it gets cut.

I’m not sure what I think of the BSAA being corrupt either, but I can understand why they’re going with that angle as well. I just wish we could’ve had more of a build up to it instead of “Oh yeah, BSAA bad! Chris and his agents good!” like... okay that’s cool, but I’d love them to elaborate. I guess they’ll be doing this with RE9.

I still find it interesting that Ada, a major character was also cut from the game last minute. She was supposedly there to save Ethan, but when that was no longer a part of the story she was taken out. What wasnt taken out, however, was one of Chris’ teammates lines about “a little moldy bird could have told her” Maybe this was a reference to Ada? I know it sounds like I’m going off topic, but what if she was there to collect samples from these soldiers as well? Who knows who she’s working for this time, but in her concept art she most certainly looks bird-like, sort of like bird lady Jill in RE5 lol

PinkHerb

Healing Item
lol I don't want RE9 to be like Shadow the Hedgehog, that would be a disaster :LOL:

I have almost forgotten about the Australian guy from Revelations 1, and that is an interesting tidbit about Village.

I don't think that they are making Chris Clones, I just figured that the developers just used his model to make the BSAA Zombie slave. We all know how cloning works out in Resident Evil, and I don't want that to happen >.>

If they are going with this then I have a theory on what's going on given what info we witnessed. It appears that at the very least BSAA Europe is conducting secret experiments to use BOWS as soldiers. Chris has been investigating on the behalf of the US Branch since it is connected to the Dulvey case and they have suspicion that the Europe Branch is involved, or has completely gone renegade as the entirety of the organization is in on it. If either is true, then maybe the Connection has somehow wormed it's way in like a parasite, poisoning it from within. Maybe the leadership is wanting to fight fire with fire as war with bioterrorism rages on, too many good men and women have died on the field, and more are being sent into the grinder. The insanity of it all caused them to use desperate measures, and somehow Chris figured it out and have either gone rogue or fighting against the Europe Branch with help from the other branches and defectors, possibly from government agents and Blue Umbrella?

That is just speculation on my part, so take this what you will. I'm just as clueless as the rest. :unsure:

Last edited:

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
lol I don't want RE9 to be like Shadow the Hedgehog, that would be a disaster :LOL:

I have almost forgotten about the Australian guy from Revelations 1, and that is an interesting tidbit about Village.

I don't think that they are making Chris Clones, I just figured that the developers just used his model to make the BSAA Zombie slave. We all know how cloning works out in Resident Evil, and I don't want that to happen >.>

If they are going with this then I have a theory on what's going on given what info we witnessed. It appears that at the very least BSAA Europe is conducting secret experiments to use BOWS as soldiers. Chris has been investigating on the behalf of the US Branch since it is connected to the Dulvey case and they have suspicion that the Europe Branch is involved, or has completely gone renegade as the entirety of the organization is in on it. If either is true, then maybe the Connection has somehow wormed it's way in like a parasite, poisoning it from within. Maybe the leadership is wanting to fight fire with fire as war with bioterrorism rages on, too many good men and women have died on the field, and more are being sent into the grinder. The insanity of it all caused them to use desperate measures, and somehow Chris figured it out and have either gone rogue or fighting against the Europe Branch with help from the other branches and defectors, possibly from government agents and Blue Umbrella?

That is just speculation on my part, so take this what you will. I'm just as clueless as the rest. :unsure:
Yeah, I’m not too keen on the idea either, but I feel like that’s the direction they’re headed. Can you imagine how dumb one of those cliche’ “no, I’M the real Chris!” scenes would go down? :ROFL: I could be wrong though, or they could forget the direction they’re headed and totally scrap the idea like they’ve done with many other things! LOL

That’s a good theory you have, and it’ll be interesting to see a fight against the BSAA. My only question is - where are the other members? They can’t keep Jill, Rebecca and Barry away from us forever! My ideal game would be the gang getting back together to fight the baddies one more time, but I doubt they’d ever give us that. A woman can dream though. :cry:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I'm just convinced that they are just reusing assets for zombie soldiers. Why on Earth would they have Chris Redfield clones all over the place, the man didn't get his muscles from the super solider serum, even for RE, the thought is ridiculous.

Yeah, They have been using Chris a lot, so maybe Jill and Barry can get it on the action. Rebecca most likely as well and we can have one big STARS reunion

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I'm just convinced that they are just reusing assets for zombie soldiers. Why on Earth would they have Chris Redfield clones all over the place, the man didn't get his muscles from the super solider serum, even for RE, the thought is ridiculous.

Yeah, They have been using Chris a lot, so maybe Jill and Barry can get it on the action. Rebecca most likely as well and we can have one big STARS reunion
Hopefully they won’t take a page out of the Paul WS Anderson films and clone him Alice style lol they’ve taken inspiration from those movies before, but I’m hoping now that the movies have come to an end, so have the concepts put into games. I can only take so many laser rooms seriously :LOL:

That reunion would be amazing though, and I’d finally be able to die happy/content knowing they got to fight together one last time.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I noticed :cautious: The last thing we need is more 'inspirations' from that junkpile.

Hm, maybe after this, they can finally retire,if not already. They can finally live their lives in peace somewhat so that a new generation can take their place. I love the former STARS members, but we need new blood to be thrown in.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I noticed :cautious: The last thing we need is more 'inspirations' from that junkpile.

Hm, maybe after this, they can finally retire,if not already. They can finally live their lives in peace somewhat so that a new generation can take their place. I love the former STARS members, but we need new blood to be thrown in.
Hahaha agreed!

and Yeah, exactly! I just want their stories to be finished, along with a long list of other characters they’ve seemingly forgotten. Capcom has the worst amnesia when it comes to their own series!

PinkHerb

Healing Item
This reminds me of a wasted opportunity they had with Chris' Champaign in RE6 where he seriously considers retirement after the mission, planning on making Piers his successor...but we all know how that turned out. :cautious:

Maybe in RE9, we could have a new generation on our hands, but we shall see.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I finished the game last night and I think they clearly have a vision for RE9 and while we are not sure what it will be entirely about, it is definitely fun to speculate.

RE8 ended with the phase The Fathers Story is now done... meaning we will probably see more Rose/Rosemary in the future. My concern for that storyline is that since she is a special potential BIOweapon, we will go down Paul WS Anderson avenues. But she can be special while still feeling overwhelmed by the odds.

The other storyline that everyone is referring to now in the Chris and the evil BSAA. I would like to explore that storyline first (although they will probably tie the Rose story in to this one.) There are so many strings to pull at in this tapestry and I cannot wait to see where the future of the series goes. Hopefully, RE9 will come out in like 2023.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I finished the game last night and I think they clearly have a vision for RE9 and while we are not sure what it will be entirely about, it is definitely fun to speculate.

RE8 ended with the phase The Fathers Story is now done... meaning we will probably see more Rose/Rosemary in the future. My concern for that storyline is that since she is a special potential BIOweapon, we will go down Paul WS Anderson avenues. But she can be special while still feeling overwhelmed by the odds.

The other storyline that everyone is referring to now in the Chris and the evil BSAA. I would like to explore that storyline first (although they will probably tie the Rose story in to this one.) There are so many strings to pull at in this tapestry and I cannot wait to see where the future of the series goes. Hopefully, RE9 will come out in like 2023.

I read that they’ve been producing RE9 since 2019 so your prediction of a 2023 release is certainly plausible! Capcom said they’re going to be releasing ( at least ) one game per year. I gotta say, love the new games or hate them, RE fans are being fed lately!

Now onto Rosemary - I do hope that they stick to their guns and continue with her story, because they’ve had all this buildup, and sacrifice for this one character. I would hate for capcom to just... forget her like they have with so many characters in the past. They’ve become infamous in that department, and if they do it again I’m gonna be pretty ticked off.

I look forward to seeing what’s up with the BSAA, and where they’re headed story-wise. I like the angle they’re taking, but I hope they haven’t bitten off more than they can chew, and if they’re going in the Paul WS Anderson direction again I’m gonna rip my hair out :LOL:

PinkHerb

Healing Item
Like, i haven't thought of the possibility of Rose being an Alice-like character, i hope that isn't their intention. We do not need he Andersonverse slipping through even more.

Speaking of which, i am in no rush for Rose to be in a game, it takes place years after RE8, so they have plenty of potential before her time.

Mr.R

I think the whole BSAA Chris-model-thing was just reused assets, because none of the characters (the Wolf Hound soldier and Chris) acted like the man looked like Chris. So It's just some asset reused for a quick shot.

As for RE9. I do think they'll follow up with Rose. Makes sense...but then again, the end of RE6 suggested that Jake would be the next protagonist. That doesn't mean they won't tackle the evil BSAA thing. I'm sure they will. Maybe with the Revelations series, or even with another RE with a subtitle, since they don't want to use numbers anymore. Also, Capcom loves to go back and forth in the timeline, so I think we might have a chance to see everything coming together, as long as they don't drop the storyline in favor of something else (Which wouldn't be the first time).

Also, it could be interesting to see Rose and Sherry together. Both have powers. Both were trained by the protagonists (we can at least suppose Leon trained Sherry. They even share some melee moves in RE6) and....both are blonde? And since Sherry doesn't age normally, she can still appear more or less the same way she did before.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I think the whole BSAA Chris-model-thing was just reused assets, because none of the characters (the Wolf Hound soldier and Chris) acted like the man looked like Chris. So It's just some asset reused for a quick shot.

As for RE9. I do think they'll follow up with Rose. Makes sense...but then again, the end of RE6 suggested that Jake would be the next protagonist. That doesn't mean they won't tackle the evil BSAA thing. I'm sure they will. Maybe with the Revelations series, or even with another RE with a subtitle, since they don't want to use numbers anymore. Also, Capcom loves to go back and forth in the timeline, so I think we might have a chance to see everything coming together, as long as they don't drop the storyline in favor of something else (Which wouldn't be the first time).

Also, it could be interesting to see Rose and Sherry together. Both have powers. Both were trained by the protagonists (we can at least suppose Leon trained Sherry. They even share some melee moves in RE6) and....both are blonde? And since Sherry doesn't age normally, she can still appear more or less the same way she did before.
That would actually be pretty cool to see Sherry as Rose’s mentor! I’d love to play a game like that. I’m afraid they’re just going to forget about her like they have with so many others, and they’ve got great potential to include other main characters again... fingers crossed they don’t scrap Rose altogether.

Capcom WAS pretty lazy with the reused assets this time. Did you guys know they also used Sherry’s model from RE2R for the girl in the bus with her mom? I’ve never witnessed something so lazy in my life lol of course, I didn’t know about this when I posted the “Chris might be a clone” theory. I was really hoping they weren’t THIS lazy, but I guess they are.

Unknown

This reminds me of a wasted opportunity they had with Chris' Champaign in RE6 where he seriously considers retirement after the mission, planning on making Piers his successor...but we all know how that turned out. :cautious:

Maybe in RE9, we could have a new generation on our hands, but we shall see.

I don’t think it was a wasted opportunity at all. Chris’s story was easily the best part of 6 and it ended really well imo.

However, I do think RE9 needs to wrap up both Chris and Jill’s stories, at least. And Claire should see her brother again on screen before they are finally retired. But I don’t think RE will ever truly let go of these original characters.

PinkHerb

Healing Item
I don’t think it was a wasted opportunity at all. Chris’s story was easily the best part of 6 and it ended really well imo.

However, I do think RE9 needs to wrap up both Chris and Jill’s stories, at least. And Claire should see her brother again on screen before they are finally retired. But I don’t think RE will ever truly let go of these original characters.

If you say so. I like Chris, but I think he does need to retire and live in peace considering he had a breakdown and went MIA for six months, i'm surprised he held out for so long until that moment. It was pretty dumb on the BSAA's part of putting him back on the field right after they found him, it was clear that he was not mentally well to go on a mission, but I guess mental Invaluations on their soldiers doesn't exist in their organization.

I think Capcom would keep using them until their skin falls off their bones.

Top Bottom