• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Potential Huge Spoiler: Character Returning to RE

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So, read this at your own risk...But I think it's HIGHLY possible that we could see Ark Thompson in RE: Rev2. You guys probably think I'm crazy, but here's my reasoning:

I'm a huge fan of voice acting, and I started re-watching an anime from my childhood the other day. Yu-Gi-Oh. I got curious as to who his VA was, as it sounded really familiar. He had some interesting and familiar parts. Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog, several semi-major Pokemon characters. But then I saw something else. A voice acting credit for Resident Evil: Revelations 2. And the part was a character named Ark Thompson. I know, we should all take Wikipedia with a grain of salt. But that's something interesting, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Green_(voice_actor)

You all know who Ark is. The main character in the game Resident Evil: Survivor, WAY back on the PSone days. What does this mean!? Add that question with "Why is there a photo of Wesker in the Trailer," and you've got some head scratching stuff...

Last edited:

e_etu

Soram ~
tumblr_lnd6t22jKH1qj60veo1_400.gif

i hope this turns out to be true. !

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's certain that there will be someone called Thompson, as the name appears on the guest list in the first cutscene. That can't be a coincidence, and only the last name is seen, but that was probably done on purpose as well to keep us speculating.

Am I excited for Ark's (potential) return? Well, I've never played the only game he's ever been in, so I don't know anything about this character other than that he was on some island too, but I'm open to it. Hopefully his involvement in Revelations 2 will be understandable even to people who haven't played Survivor.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's certain that there will be someone called Thompson, as the name appears on the guest list in the first cutscene. That can't be a coincidence, and only the last name is seen, but that was probably done on purpose as well to keep us speculating.

Am I excited for Ark's (potential) return? Well, I've never played the only game he's ever been in, so I don't know anything about this character other than that he was on some island too, but I'm open to it. Hopefully his involvement in Revelations 2 will be understandable even to people who haven't played Survivor.
For one, I'd like to start off by saying, play Survivor. Controls are F*cking AWFUL, but the story and characters are fun as hell.

Second, I would assume it would be understandable, seeing as how Survivor is such a minor game, and timeline wise happens like 12 years or so before Rev 2, that you will not have to have played RE: Survivor to understand the story.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I would have played it a decade ago if it had been available to PC players, but as far as I know it only came out for the PS1. I might watch a playthrough, though, so I can enjoy the story and characters and bring myself up to date without having to worry about the controls. One more week until the release of the first episode, that's enough time to educate myself.

What could be his role in Revelations 2? He was some kind of detective, I think. Maybe he joined TerraSave and was also abducted?

Reactions: Jen

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, I would have played it a decade ago if it had been available to PC players, but as far as I know it only came out for the PS1. I might watch a playthrough, though, so I can enjoy the story and characters and bring myself up to date without having to worry about the controls. One more week until the release of the first episode, that's enough time to educate myself.

What could be his role in Revelations 2? He was some kind of detective, I think. Maybe he joined TerraSave and was also abducted?
Well, in the Original, Leon sent him onto the island to collect data on an Umbrella big wig. Since his pre-existing connection is to Leon, maybe Leon sent him in to save Claire or assist Barry or something...

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
So, read this at your own risk...But I think it's HIGHLY possible that we could see Ark Thompson in RE: Rev2. You guys probably think I'm crazy, but here's my reasoning:

I'm a huge fan of voice acting, and I started re-watching an anime from my childhood the other day. Yu-Gi-Oh. I got curious as to who his VA was, as it sounded really familiar. He had some interesting and familiar parts. Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog, several semi-major Pokemon characters. But then I saw something else. A voice acting credit for Resident Evil: Revelations 2. And the part was a character named Ark Thompson. I know, we should all take Wikipedia with a grain of salt. But that's something interesting, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Green_(voice_actor)

You all know who Ark is. The main character in the game Resident Evil: Survivor, WAY back on the PSone days. What does this mean!? Add that question with "Why is there a photo of Wesker in the Trailer," and you've got some head scratching stuff...

In the opening cutscene, you see the "Thompson, (can't read the rest)" so it is possible he's in the game, like Hel said. I've always thought Ark was really interesting. I think the story in Survivor was epic. It's completely possible he's coming back. You never know with Capcom. It could be a relative of Ark's, too.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.

One week? I thought it was today . . . .

Flipqy42

Nevermore
So there's a rumor that Dan Green may be voicing Ark Thompson? That sounds awesome. I love Dan Green and Ark was pretty cool too. So come on Capcom, dazzle us with not only the return of Claire and Barry, but also Ark Thompson.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So there's a rumor that Dan Green may be voicing Ark Thompson? That sounds awesome. I love Dan Green and Ark was pretty cool too. So come on Capcom, dazzle us with not only the return of Claire and Barry, but also Ark Thompson.
Yeah, isn't Dan Green freakin awesome lol...

Top Bottom