• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Points of plot confusion for me

Darkness

Infected
I'm curious as to how exactly Jake made the C-virus stronger. He is captured in Edonia and then taken to China and studied for 6 months, but i don't really see a change in the virus. At first i thought it was the cocoons and full transformations, but then i remembered that those already existed prior to his capture.

Next, did Carla call Ada into the submarine? I remember Ada on the phone at one point hinting that Simmons was actually "Ada" (Carla). How was Carla able to impersonate Simmons' voice and appearance? Also, did she expect the real Ada to die in the submarine, allowing her to take Ada's place?

I'm wondering how the C virus armies are divided between Simmons and Carla. I always see Carla using the J'avo as henchmen, and she sent one of the J'avo to infect Simmons, so i'm assuming that she controls them somehow. On top of that, in the storylines more focused on Carla, only J'avo are used as enemies. Simmons wanted to use bio attacks so secure global American dominance, and both of those attacks created zombies, so I think the zombies are more of his specific chess pieces. I don't ever see him using J'avo as henchmen, when Leon first encounters him, he uses human guards, and Carla was sniped by a human.This leads me to believe that he is in control of the zombie armies, (well, not exactly in control, but using as a tool.)

I'm curious how the C virus can make both J'avo, (which resemble more along the lines of Ganado and Majini,) and zombies, which resemble more of the classic brainless zombies from early games. When i first played this, i thought the C virus just made the zombies, and the J'avo were made from some strain of plagas, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't understand who is in control of the aircraft carrier, the submarine, and the oil field.

Carla seems to be occupying the submarine, so i thought it was under her control, but Simmons had his message inside it, and he designed the puzzles. One theory i had is that it was originally under the control of Simmons, being that he was the security adviser to the president, but it was stormed and taken over by Carla's scuba J'avo, which would explain the news report that Leon heard when he was in that one house in Tall Oaks, saying a submarine went missing.

When Simmons was first creating his own Ada, he failed like hundreds of times. Then he said to use Carla because she was a "close match" and it worked. Why was Carla a close match? Are they related to each other somehow? They don't seem that close, they have different hair colors and ethnicity.

When Simmons is shot with the virus, he says something like "she got me, well played." This implies that he knew that Carla was already actively working against him. At what point does he realize that he is fighting against Carla?

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
I'm curious as to how exactly Jake made the C-virus stronger. He is captured in Edonia and then taken to China and studied for 6 months, but i don't really see a change in the virus. At first i thought it was the cocoons and full transformations, but then i remembered that those already existed prior to his capture.

Next, did Carla call Ada into the submarine? I remember Ada on the phone at one point hinting that Simmons was actually "Ada" (Carla). How was Carla able to impersonate Simmons' voice and appearance? Also, did she expect the real Ada to die in the submarine, allowing her to take Ada's place?

I'm wondering how the C virus armies are divided between Simmons and Carla. I always see Carla using the J'avo as henchmen, and she sent one of the J'avo to infect Simmons, so i'm assuming that she controls them somehow. On top of that, in the storylines more focused on Carla, only J'avo are used as enemies. Simmons wanted to use bio attacks so secure global American dominance, and both of those attacks created zombies, so I think the zombies are more of his specific chess pieces. I don't ever see him using J'avo as henchmen, when Leon first encounters him, he uses human guards, and Carla was sniped by a human.This leads me to believe that he is in control of the zombie armies, (well, not exactly in control, but using as a tool.)

I'm curious how the C virus can make both J'avo, (which resemble more along the lines of Ganado and Majini,) and zombies, which resemble more of the classic brainless zombies from early games. When i first played this, i thought the C virus just made the zombies, and the J'avo were made from some strain of plagas, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I don't understand who is in control of the aircraft carrier, the submarine, and the oil field.

Carla seems to be occupying the submarine, so i thought it was under her control, but Simmons had his message inside it, and he designed the puzzles. One theory i had is that it was originally under the control of Simmons, being that he was the security adviser to the president, but it was stormed and taken over by Carla's scuba J'avo, which would explain the news report that Leon heard when he was in that one house in Tall Oaks, saying a submarine went missing.

When Simmons was first creating his own Ada, he failed like hundreds of times. Then he said to use Carla because she was a "close match" and it worked. Why was Carla a close match? Are they related to each other somehow? They don't seem that close, they have different hair colors and ethnicity.

When Simmons is shot with the virus, he says something like "she got me, well played." This implies that he knew that Carla was already actively working against him. At what point does he realize that he is fighting against Carla?

There's a few good points here, but i've just woken up so i'll reply fully later, but one that's an easy answer is:

'I don't understand who is in control of the aircraft carrier, the submarine and the oil field'

Simmons is the head of a corporation called 'The Family' and they own all of the above. You can tell the Submarine is owned by Simmons due to the decor in his rooms there. Also the Oil Rig is basically what Spencer Mansion was in RE1, it's to disguise The Familys underground lab working on the C-Virus.

I will admit, you've raised some good points and they're hella confusing to think about.

Darkness

Infected
There's a few good points here, but i've just woken up so i'll reply fully later, but one that's an easy answer is:

'I don't understand who is in control of the aircraft carrier, the submarine and the oil field'

Simmons is the head of a corporation called 'The Family' and they own all of the above. You can tell the Submarine is owned by Simmons due to the decor in his rooms there. Also the Oil Rig is basically what Spencer Mansion was in RE1, it's to disguise The Familys underground lab working on the C-Virus.

I will admit, you've raised some good points and they're hella confusing to think about.
Yeah haha, I feel like i'm in a book club or something. :cool:

TheVacantThrone

Right let's give this a go then haha:

When Jake was captured Carla used his blood to make the C-Virus stronger, but i believe the only 'stronger' version of the C-Virus was used on Simmons at the end, making his transformations so mental. Not on your average J'avo/Zombies.

I do think it was Carla who lured Ada to the sub, i don't know how she managed to convince Ada it was Simmons. I kind of just guessed that in a world where there's zombies and people turning into bugs, voice software might exsist, especially to Carla who worked closely with Simmons for a while. I also think it was Carla's plan for Ada to perish on the sub.

EDIT: I don't think Carla wanted Ada to die on the sub since she was aiming to frame Ada for it all, unless she just meant it would go down in history that Ada Wong was responsible.

Completely agree with that: J'avo are Carla's army, and Simmons unleashed the zombies.

The J'avo are made by the C-Virus, but i got the impression the zombies are made by that blue smoke, which is something else entirely. J'avo get infected with the needles and take it that way, the zombies are people who inhale that blue smoke. Whether the smoke is C-Virus in gas form i've got no idea, but always thought that Carla was solely responsible for using the C-Virus to infect people, although Simmons helped create it, and Simmons was using some other form of Bio-Weapon to infect people as zombies.

Already answered the Sub, Oilfield and Aircraft Carrier one :)

Yeah, the submarine was Simmons, until it was stolen by Carla and used as her own. The reason the decor was Simmons style, and his traps was it was his beforehand, she took it, placed a recording of an old mission Ada was supposed to receive and it goes from there.

Maybe Carla was just more of a genetic match. Maybe there's a certain genetic thing that was needed that none of the others had, yet Carla shared with Ada?

I don't know if Simmons ever knows it's Carla does he? I was under the impression he always thought it was Ada who had decided to **** him up. Unless he only realises it's Carla when she calls him on the train, and he decides to just lose it and let the virus take over? Unless he realised from the get go that it was Carla and had been avoiding her getting her revenge. This one is a bit confusing.

These are all purely my speculation from info i gathered in the game. It's nice to have someone to talk to about it xD

Genie

In the end of the Chapter 2 in Ada's campaign when Ada sees the tape where her clone is born, Carla disguised as Simmons telephones Ada and "reveals her cards". After that conversation Ada calls the real Simmons and says "Let's ditch the pleasantries and get right to it. That little doppelganger you brewed up just told me that she has her heart set on destroying the world." And then Simmons is like: "WHAT?!". So I guess that is the point when he realizes that he is fighting against Carla.

TheVacantThrone

In the end of the Chapter 2 in Ada's campaign when Ada sees the tape where her clone is born, Carla disguised as Simmons telephones Ada and "reveals her cards". After that conversation Ada calls the real Simmons and says "Let's ditch the pleasantries and get right to it. That little doppelganger you brewed up just told me that she has her heart set on destroying the world." And then Simmons is like: "WHAT?!". So I guess that is the point when he realizes that he is fighting against Carla.

Amazing, i overlooked that completely.

Darkness

Infected
Thank you! That cleared up a lot of things. Check these out though, it seems the Wiki has some different hypotheses about a few of the questions. I'm not sure if it's trustworthy though, I assume it's just written by players like us, right?

-----------
the RE wiki assumes that the blue gas is airborne C virus

It would seem that the infection that mutates humans into a Zombie is through a gas-based distribution method, via an airborne strain of the virus. The gas kills any who inhale it and later reanimates the corpses.[3] The Lepotitsa replicates the C-Virus infection through a gas it expels through its pores, as this gas is seen causing a nearly immediate transformation into a Zombie. It is presumable that like the T-Virus, secondary infection occurs when an individual is bitten or scratched by a Zombie.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/C-Virus
The C-Virus is responsible for causing this mutation.[2] C-Virus zombies are only encountered by Ada Wong, Leon S. Kennedy and Helena Harper.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Zombie_(C-Virus)

My question about this is, why does the injection C virus and the airborne/bite/scratch C virus produce two different types of infections?

-------

About the enhanced C virus being used on Simmons. According to the wiki, the C virus that Piers took was also an enhanced C virus. This leads me to believe that the three spots in Carla's breifcase were each one of the enhanced viruses. If she shot one at Simmons, and Piers took one himself, that means a third one is out there somewhere.

• Nivans, Piers
    • Former B.S.A.A. operative. Injected himself with an enhanced strain of the C-Virus after losing his right arm, growing a new mutated arm with the ability to discharge electricity. Killed in an underwater facility explosion.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/C-Virus

The only question now is, where is the last of the enhanced C virus?
Edit: it seems the last of the 3 enhanced C viruses was taken by Carla after she got sniped, which allowed her to become the goo monster.

Carla suddenly sprung to life as her body began to mutate from a dosage of the enhanced C-Virus she had developed.
http://residentevil.wikia.com/Carla_Radames
---------
The wiki also assumes that the Chinese J'avo soldiers were originally owned by the family, and that they, along with the submarine, were given to Carla as gifts.

Simmons continued to treat Carla as if she were the real Ada Wong, even providing her with a submarine and complete control of The Family's East Asia soldiers as a gift for her loyalty to him.[5]

This all makes things even more confusing. How are the J'avo even controlled? I understand the Ganado were controlled by dominate strain plaga, that actually made sense. The J'avo are made by a virus though, so that explanation suddenly becomes null. In a related question, how was control of the East Asian J'avo given to Carla? Also, if the East Asian J'avo were originally owned by the Family, why could they not take them back? Why were they now only loyal to Carla?

bruno

Chief Researcher
If you want a reliable source of info for RE, see projectumbrella.net - much better than wiki, although they don't have many articles about RE6 yet.

I think that the zombies are created through that purple smoke, which was released by the Lepotista BOW. We might get to know more about this in Marhawa Desire, since the Lepotista has its origins there.
Simmons only planned the outbreak in Tall Oaks. The C-virus outbreak in Lanshiang was planned by Carla - she probably used Lepotista smoke, and created that device to spread it faster.
Carla only made 3 samples of the enhanced C-virus, one for herself, one for Simmons and one which Piers took. This new version didn't need the host to go throught the Chrysalid state in order to mutate. It was made using the properties of bacteria which were able to live at very high temperatures (in the bottom of the ocean, near the magma).

Yes, Ada informs him of that after she discover's Carla's existance and realizes her plans.

---------
The wiki also assumes that the Chinese J'avo soldiers were originally owned by the family, and that they, along with the submarine, were given to Carla as gifts.

This all makes things even more confusing. How are the J'avo even controlled? I understand the Ganado were controlled by dominate strain plaga, that actually made sense. The J'avo are made by a virus though, so that explanation suddenly becomes null. In a related question, how was control of the East Asian J'avo given to Carla? Also, if the East Asian J'avo were originally owned by the Family, why could they not take them back? Why were they now only loyal to Carla?

Simmons probably had lots of military forces working fot The Family. However, they were not infected.They were humans.
Carla used the forces provided to her to create the Lanshiang J'avos. As for the Edonia J'avos, they were made from the guerrilas fighting the Edonia government, as a field test.
Before using the C-virus, you need to give an objective to the subject. After that, infect it with the C-virus, and the J'avo will stop at nothing to pursue that objective. That is how the J'avo are controlled, though I don't know in detail how it works...

Darkness

Infected
Before using the C-virus, you need to give an objective to the subject. After that, infect it with the C-virus, and the J'avo will stop at nothing to pursue that objective. That is how the J'avo are controlled, though I don't know in detail how it works...

Wait are you sure? I don't think Carla gave the Edonian rebels orders before injecting them. After all, they thought it was a performance enhancing drug. They took it without even being in her presence, right? Jake at one point says "if you want one, go get it from the lady downstairs" or something like that. This implys that everyone just got one and went off and took it themselves. How then would Carla control them?

Did she give them orders when she first handed them the virus? That sounds like an awfully awkward encounter:
"Capture Jake Muller and Sherry Birkin"
"...What?"
"Oh nothing, here, take this energy supplement."
"All right! Rad!"

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yeah, it sounds weird, right?
Probably, the J'avo in Edonia just kept fighting the government and whatever threats they'd find (BSAA, Jake/Sherry).
Maybe those J'avos with Carla after Jake and Sherry escape from the cave were created in a different way than the Guerrilas.

Here's the transcript of a RE6 file:

J'AVO

The C-Virus will turn human hosts into creatures called J'avo. These creatures lose all self control, but they fail to exhibit any noticeable drop in mental functions. This would explain reports of J'avo skillfully handling firearms and communicating with other J'avo in their country's native tongue. J'avo will tend to follow the final orders they were given before being infected with the C-Virus, and they will do this with no thought for their own safety or well-being.
The virus creates an intense febrile state in the host, and the more the host is damaged, the hotter it becomes. Many J'avo have been seen to succumb to their wounds, burning to death in bright, hot flames that engulfed their bodies.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Yeah this is getting a bit confusing haha.

I'd still like to know how J'avo AND Zombies are made from one virus. That can't be right?

J'avo are made from direct injection of the C-virus strain, the Infectees are a result from inhaling the gas toxin of the C-virus (need i remind you of Leon's campain, the part you and that guy try to find guy's daughter Liz and he mentions about the "fog" the fog being the C-virus gas toxin) (also at that cutscene *SPOILER* HIGHLIGHT to Read where that missle releases the C-virus gas toxin in China, and everyone exposed and inhaled said gas toxin is turned to Infectees)

TheVacantThrone

J'avo are made from direct injection of the C-virus strain, the Infectees are a result from inhaling the gas toxin of the C-virus (need i remind you of Leon's campain, the part you and that guy try to find guy's daughter Liz and he mentions about the "fog" the fog being the C-virus gas toxin) (also at that cutscene *SPOILER* HIGHLIGHT to Read where that missle releases the C-virus gas toxin in China, and everyone exposed and inhaled said gas toxin is turned to Infectees)

Yeah but i don't understand how 1 virus can make 2 different things. Maybe there's a slight difference in the strain of C-Virus used to make the fog? It'd be like drinking water doing one thing, and inhaling steam doing something else entirely.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Yeah but i don't understand how 1 virus can make 2 different things. Maybe there's a slight difference in the strain of C-Virus used to make the fog? It'd be like drinking water doing one thing, and inhaling steam doing something else entirely.

Yesss, in this case....it seems that the method of the distribution of the virus, will have varying effects

bruno

Chief Researcher

Don't forget that the virus in the fog is different from the virus which is injected.
Assuming all the fog is extracted from the Lepotista BOW, the virus infecting her could be reproduced by her cells, but a part of its genome deleted in the process. This would make the virus more similar to its predecessors (the C-virus is derived from t-Veronica and G - making it a progenitor-based virus), so it would be able to create zombies. The virus particles created like this would be somehow released in the Lepotista's gas.

I hope we know more about Lepotista in Marhawa Desire, since the Lepotista BOW had its origins there.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
in a way it is quite sad, that Carla was a pawn to Simmon (of the Simmon's reason for Carla was to satisfy his obsession with Ada), with this being. i still say i prefer the real Ada Wong over Carla, Carla was just too over-the-top with the whole muhawhahahahahhahahahhahahaha, where Ada just does her "thing" in the shadows (so-to-say). and would like to say, that i like how Capcom handled Ada being a "Mystery". i quite like to stay that way..... not revealing anything Major about her would loose my intrest in her Majorly :p

Top Bottom