• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised playing through REmake for the first time

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
essentially.

let me start by saying, i can't believe it's been three years since i was last here! how time flies.

anyhow, as soon as my memory card arrives in the mail, i will be playing through REmake for the first time in so long, i'm not sure i remember it all! will definitely be playing strictly at night, lights off, BGM up.

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Yes, they did an amazing job with the atmosphere of the game. Adding Lisa Trevor to add to it was a very nice touch, as were the Crimson Heads. When you hear or see a Crimson Head in a room you enter, you know you gotta act quick. They also did a good job with the lighting. Only thing is I just didn't like the lack of Wesker's accent he usually has and the fact that Rebecca seems like a shell of her REZero self, but she is a side character in this game, so I can understand that.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
REmake is probably my all-time favourite of the series. I remember leaving something like a 8-year gap between playthroughs, ensuring I'd forgotten all the best scary moments, and it was like playing it for the first time all over again.

I remember stumbling into the underground crypt after collecting all of the Death Masks (on my second playthrough) and muttering to myself... "...Okay, I'm sure something happened in here before that scared the crap out of me..."

Needless to say, as was the case all those years ago, I crapped myself.

Good times.

Reactions: Hel

Refan128

Playing through REmake right now (just finished Director's Cut and playing Dino Crisis as well) and man is it hard for me now. I have beaten it multiple times but it has been a while. One of my top 3 Resident Evil games (along with RE2 and RE4) and top 10 all time and I have been gaming since the days of the 2600. The first game was great but REmake is just OUTSTANDING and throws in some WELCOME surprises. Unfortunately I am going to have to restart on easy since I have ran out of bullets 3 times already (can't seem to do this dodging thing for the life of me) but still enjoy it enough to keep playing. Well I got to get going because I have some zombie killing to do.:happy:

No Hope Remains

You'd have thought that this remake of a classic would have inspired countless other games. Sadly however, I don't think there's been a very scary mansion based horror story in a game again that revolved around a team of super police. I loved all the PS1 horror games and was really happy when I first played the remake, which more or less blew all the others away. Well, certain games like Clock Tower 3 and the Fatal Frame series are closely related in that they involved castles and houses as well, but they don't directly involve the use of firearms so I will omit them from my comparisons. RE5 though did feel like a decent homage, being that the mansion Chris and Jill went inside was meant to be a duplicated version of the estate in RE1.

black 93

best RE game ever, i actually played through this before the original ( i was only 3 when that came out) and i remember the first time i came back to the mansion from the residence, i thiught to myself " no prob i cleared out all the zombies" then it cut to something movin VERY fast through where id just come from. Then i hear a screech and chris' head comes off ( i was on caution after fightin the plant). Nearly fell off my chair haha was brilliant! Still wont take on more than one hunter at a time if i can help it :D

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
best RE game ever, i actually played through this before the original ( i was only 3 when that came out) and i remember the first time i came back to the mansion from the residence, i thiught to myself " no prob i cleared out all the zombies" then it cut to something movin VERY fast through where id just come from. Then i hear a screech and chris' head comes off ( i was on caution after fightin the plant). Nearly fell off my chair haha was brilliant! Still wont take on more than one hunter at a time if i can help it :D
i love it how, if your playing on a harder difficulty the hunters can one hit hill you and swipe your head off.
every time i encountered one i'd run like hell, not looking back. only had the courage to fight one if i had a shotgun or magnum. using the pistol was like using a water gun against them.

run b run

The one for the Wii just had better graphics? No different storylines or things like that?...I own the Wii version just haven't played it yet cuz outbreak I'm still trying to beat without getting infected

ToriJ

Resident Critic
Remake is my favorite Resident Evil as well. To think the original used to scare the crap out of me, the GameCube Remake was like ten times more scary. I was happy when I managed to beat it on both Chris and Jill's scenario, but I couldn't play anymore after that. That zombie that chases you around from room to room the second time you play? That was just too much for me, man.

hyperreal

Premium
Yes, the REmake was one of the scariest games I've ever played, aside from Fatal Frame.

The part when you're in the cabin and Lisa Trevor comes after you scared the dickens out of me.

kevin buckley

I never played the remake before. i only played the original. so I'm really looking the forward to this game when it comes out next year.

Top Bottom