• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Playing the Games for the First Time

Hey, just wanna talk about the experience of playing these games for the first time. The awe and wonder for each room and the unknown of whats next. I feel this is special because you can only get that feeling once ever. Only one time can we play these games and be lost as to what to do.
On the other spectrum, I also enjoy playing these games for the 2nd, or 5th or so on and so on etc... Im just talking the specialty of playing these games with a clean slate, which can only happen once.
This is one reason Im on the edge of my seat with anticipation for Resident Evil 7. Im feeling this is going to be the ultimate blend of every Resident Evil game ever, with hardcore puzzle solving, real inventory management, and also intense combat. Me and everyone else will only have the 1 time to be stuck, or not know what to do to advance, which is one element of Resident Evil, I feel I haven't experienced since maybe 2002 with Zero. There are also boss battles which weve had to figure out how to beat, like Wesker at the end of 5. Those games are ultra challenging, but now, when I play them again, I get another sense of enjoyment out of it, knowing the puzzles and stuff, and what to expect to bump into enemy wise. Its a whole new level of loving the game, but I also remember back then when the original Resident Evil (96) was challenging and a whole new light of videogaming. The picture puzzle of the different ages of life, the end lab,, and Resi 2 trying to find the keys, just the generalness of advancing to the next parts of the game, so just wanted to make this cool thread and have people reminisce about playing these games for the first times, getting stuck, and also the love for the game even after you've beaten it a couple of times, and still live the hell out of it. Story line and all!

Matt S

RE noob
Started with the RE-make HD and went to the Ps1 version RE1, then RE2, and RE3.

fun games..............full disclosure: I was always a Silent Hill fan, but for some reason, I finally got around to playing the Resident Evil games in a big way. Ironically the demo of RE7 kinda did it for me......but so far, they are all great

shingingknight

I first played Resident Evil when it first came out on Playstation. Loved it so much I bought the dualshock director's cut when it came out. It didn't creep me out much, but RE2 sure did. I was on edge the entire time playing it.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
When I was younger my dad, sister and I would all take turns playing, and once my dad cleared a room of enemies, my sister and I would explore and look for items to pick up, then if we were going into a room we'd never been in before my dad would always have to take the controller because we were too scared since we had no idea what was coming. xD Though I did end up fighting and defeating the final boss in 3 because my dad kept dying. :p

Top Bottom