• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Plans to make RE: Resistance a Stand-Alone title?

PainRelievers

I know a lot of players that would be interested in trying this game out, but don't want to pay $60 dollars for it.

I know that price includes the RE3 Remake single player, but some people are only interested in Resistance.

The all time high peak player count on Steam for Resistance is around 4,000 players, which is pretty low and probably a result of the game's high price point.

If the player base declines to the point where players are waiting 5+ minutes per match, people will quit playing. And if people are put off by the game's high price, we won't get any new players either.

It would be in both Capcom's and the players' best interests if Resistance were able to be purchased separately from RE3.

RpLhgns.png

D

Deleted member 21244

I know a lot of players that would be interested in trying this game out, but don't want to pay $60 dollars for it.

I know that price includes the RE3 Remake single player, but some people are only interested in Resistance.

The all time high peak player count on Steam for Resistance is around 4,000 players, which is pretty low and probably a result of the game's high price point.

If the player base declines to the point where players are waiting 5+ minutes per match, people will quit playing. And if people are put off by the game's high price, we won't get any new players either.

It would be in both Capcom's and the players' best interests if Resistance were able to be purchased separately from RE3.

RpLhgns.png
Well as much as i love resistance there is no denying that it benefit more if selled alongside re 3, especially since re 3 sold in 5 days 2 milion copies, resistance alone would not been able to seel this much copies... Re 2 remake sold 7 milion copies in less than a year, So selling it whit re 3 who would probably reach that result, was the better choice... Also selling it whit re 3 give the chance to all the people who don't like the game, to try it, and unfortunately there are many many many more people who desire to play re 3 and not resistance

I think the majority of the player are on ps4 also

D

Deleted member 21244

Ps4 actually have 450 k of player, the Xbox one have 140 k, good number if you count the fact that re 3 had shipped 2 milion copies

PC unfortunately is the one whit less people on it

But on ps4 The game is full of people, just need to be updated and expanded

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Resistance should've been released now as its own game, and RE3 remake should've been given an extra year of development to flesh out the game.

Awebb

They should have released a solo battle mode with RE3 and sold Resistance separately. RE3R didn't feel like a full price title and I feel like half of my money went into something I didn't care about in the first place.

Reactions: Hel

PainRelievers

So it's been about 2 months since I created this thread. Let's see how the player count is doing:

ev88qwN.png

Let me restate what I said in April: If Capcom does not make RE: Resistance a stand alone title, it will die.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Do you have the stats for PS4 players? I never had any issues queuing or anything. And if it dies, so be it, maybe next time they will do the smart thing and focus on the actual remake instead of the multiplayer game that they developed alongside it. And yes, I do like Resistance and even I think they should've allotted their sources differently.

D

Deleted member 21244

Do you have the stats for PS4 players? I never had any issues queuing or anything. And if it dies, so be it, maybe next time they will do the smart thing and focus on the actual remake instead of the multiplayer game that they developed alongside it. And yes, I do like Resistance and even I think they should've allotted their sources differently.
Go on this site and write the game you want, to see the stats of ps4 player
Resistance almost have 800k total player

Top Bottom